You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PT9Gomez

Common

• "PT9Gomez" started this thread

Date of registration: May 10th 2020

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 1:27pm

Flash Issue

Hello guys, since January 28th we have no further development on the issue of the flash player.
So how are we? Six months later, we can already know what the next step is and what has already been done in this regard?
What is the future of our beloved game?
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 22nd 2020

Sunday, July 19th 2020, 5:32pm

I hope you find a solution to that, of the game closes I will get very depressed ;(

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2020

Monday, July 20th 2020, 3:30am

It only says no further development, flash player can still be used just without any update.

• Activate Facebook

• "Diogenes" is male

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2019

Monday, July 20th 2020, 5:47am

I could be wrong, but isn't chrome, fire fox, and internet explorer planning to block flash altogether once the year ends? The best way to keep the game would be converting it to HTML5 but I'm not sure if its possible considering who owns the servers.

-Dio
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Nov 1st 2019

Monday, July 20th 2020, 9:26am

I could be wrong, but isn't chrome, fire fox, and internet explorer planning to block flash altogether once the year ends? The best way to keep the game would be converting it to HTML5 but I'm not sure if its possible considering who owns the servers.

Yes, that is my impression as well. Once Flash doesn't get anymore updates, any security issue with it won't be fixed and hence browsers will drop support for it entirely:
https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/17/mozill…-december-2020/
You can still use older browser versions for your KAL fix, but as usual that exposes you to possible security risks too.

Besides the obvious choice* of migrating to HTML5, shipping the swf and running it in a player/emulator could work.
* Except with these devs that won't happen.
  • Activate Facebook

Monday, August 10th 2020, 3:33pm

Any news on this? Will KAL die with Flash in 4 months?

• Activate Facebook

• "Paranoia" is male

Date of registration: Apr 18th 2018

Monday, August 10th 2020, 4:48pm

Any news on this? Will KAL die with Flash in 4 months?

I would like to know aswell
Make America Great Again :thumbsup: :heart:
301 Moved Permanently
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Monday, August 10th 2020, 4:56pm

honestly, if they had a solution, they would have already announced it. Them being silent about it, is just another redflag that the game is closing. Also that they pulled all ressources from the game is another. Demadrend got moved to other projects, the guy in charge now just shows up once in a moon and then posts a solution how to bypass the SSL certificate check instead of them renewing it. The collector guy probably got put in charge of multiple games that are about to fade. Just save your money for other games at this point. KaL is not worth a single penny anymore.

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Dragon (10.08.2020)

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Monday, August 10th 2020, 6:01pm

Game is Deadddd

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2019

Monday, August 10th 2020, 6:04pm

Not that discussion again.
Here again, half-knowledge is thrown around.
But I won't bother to explain it now because I still have to prepare a few things, including the forum event that I presented to collector today and got approved by Community Manager Collector.

Mit Konstruktivität erreicht man immer mehr als mit puren Schimpfen.
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, August 11th 2020, 7:23am

what do you mean, not that discussion again? I cant see it anywhere on the forums and I think its for most people the most important topic, even more important then the facebook issue ect, because, if there is no solution for the time past flash, the facebook issue becomes irrelevant anyways. All I could find was your thread here (301 Moved Permanently) where you brought up some hypothetical solutions. So any news if any of it becomes a thing? Just dodging this topic is just another redflag. I would highly advice everyone to stop recharging till they present an solution for the time past flash.

• Activate Facebook