You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "DarkNieto" started this thread

Date of registration: May 22nd 2020

Thursday, June 4th 2020, 10:45pm

Suggestions for the next event "Measuring the strength of the race"

In the next race race event a race "war" should be better, for example: War between Humans and Elves where everyone chooses the race they want to support in the war.

How would it consist? Same as the one being developed but with certain changes to make it more interesting and fun.

1° The wall does not count as valid.
2° That the battles are with certain bosses, as an example: if you belong to the humans you fight with the boss of Desert Fortress and if you are with the elves you fight with the boss of the castle of Bones alone or together with your companions on the same side.
3° That only cards of the chosen race are allowed to be used at the time of participation, if there are cards not corresponding to the race then the screenshot does not count as valid.
4° Choosing a race cannot be changed during the entire event.

It would be better this way because they would only have to choose two races, therefore, the members of each race would vary and the race that accumulates the most points wins the war, of course, the losing race would also be rewarded, but not as well as the winning race.

They could allow the character and 1 alt per participation and so they would only have to find 2 more members to join or have the option to do it only with their alt but that would be the player's decision.

Why allow an atl? Well, because it would not be easy to get someone to help you in the event using cards of a single race and with an alternative it could be useful to complete only one boss, if that's the case.

I await your opinions in this regard.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Date of registration: Nov 15th 2019

Thursday, June 4th 2020, 11:03pm

3° That only cards of the chosen race are allowed to be used at the time of participation, if there are cards not corresponding to the race then the screenshot does not count as valid.

Are these not already implemented into this event?

Why allow an atl? Well, because it would not be easy to get someone to help you in the event using cards of a single race and with an alternative it could be useful to complete only one boss, if that's the case.

I don't believe there's need for an alt, but it would apply to circumstances. If the rewards are high? No. If they aren't? Sure.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Diogenes" is male

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2019

Thursday, June 4th 2020, 11:25pm

As Ramudo said, 3-4 are already part of the rules and a 1 alt rule has been implemented since 2 server identities per person can be used for the event. If I misunderstood that rule, do clarify for me.

I disagree with 1, granted I understand why someone would want to implement it. Rather than saying no walls are counted, only one wall will be counted towards the points. However, the problem I have with this is that the walls look like each other so if you had different walls on the field, those points don't count. Like the demon Katerina and the human Zarina have the same model but are 2 different races. The better solution would be to limit the number of walls allowed on the field.

With your 2nd point, I'd be behind that. If the mods decided to make different events for each period, that would help make the event more fun and interesting.

For anyone wanting to look at all the current rules, they are posted on:

301 Moved Permanently

and

301 Moved Permanently

-Dio
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 18th 2019

Thursday, June 4th 2020, 11:49pm

As Ramudo said, 3-4 are already part of the rules and a 1 alt rule has been implemented since 2 server identities per person can be used for the event. If I misunderstood that rule, do clarify for me.

The 1 alt rule does not apply to this event. I'm definitely against alt being able to participate either since you don't even need a full team to be able to participate for this event like Mothers/Fathers Day.

The idea of battle between 2 races might sound like a good idea, but I doubt that the rewards for that event will be greater than battle of all races as the chances of getting first place is now 50% instead of 1/11. Just looking from a probability perspective.
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 12:31am

Are these not already implemented into this event?

I don't believe there's need for an alt, but it would apply to circumstances. If the rewards are high? No. If they aren't? Sure.

The 1 well if I agree with what they say it should be limited to a certain amount of walls

The 3 is not implemented as I say, in the event that they are only allowed to use the other cards of other races that do not count towards the score, in this case I suggest that only cards of a single race type are allowed in the field, no other support if they are human, only human cards, no other race

And the 4 if I know that it is already implemented but it must be remembered, there are users who are not clear

And of course, an alt would be acceptable only if the rewards are not as high as in the current event, since it would be a war between 2 races, they would be not as beneficial rewards as the current ones
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 12:34am

The 1 alt rule does not apply to this event. I'm definitely against alt being able to participate either since you don't even need a full team to be able to participate for this event like Mothers/Fathers Day.

The idea of battle between 2 races might sound like a good idea, but I doubt that the rewards for that event will be greater than battle of all races as the chances of getting first place is now 50% instead of 1/11. Just looking from a probability perspective.

Sure, the rewards would be much less than the current event, but that would make the event much more fun because being two races if there would be several participants on each side, in this case the vast majority are with humans
  • Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:04am

The 3 is not implemented as I say, in the event that they are only allowed to use the other cards of other races that do not count towards the score, in this case I suggest that only cards of a single race type are allowed in the field, no other support if they are human, only human cards, no other race

I see what you're saying, but the way you worded it was "during the screenshot none can be present." Next time just keep that in mind, a bit confusing but I get it now. And honestly there is NO way that I know of other than logs that can track what cards are placed. The english servers only have Fuerst to moderate these kinds of things. So as much as I agree with ONLY playing that race throughout the battle, it cannot be tracked efficiently if at all.
  • Activate Facebook

Nua

Common

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2020

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:18am

Doing it in isolation like that constricts card possibilities and probably will kill participation for a good number of people or just skew the ratio.
In your example of Human vs Elf it "seems" to work fine because the two dungeons are somewhat close in difficulty and generally speaking a lot of free cards have been given out for Humans and Elves.

But if it was say Undead versus Goblins (King's Mausoleum vs Shimmering Cave), you're going to get a pretty heavy skew. Now you can say that no sane person would host an event like that given how gimped Goblins are in general, but nevertheless they're still a race. When it's all 11 races, we already know (for ourselves) which races we would never pick - but with 2 races, we're stuck with one or the other. So inevitably, we might as well just have "1 race showings". The event host designates a race and everyone builds a deck for said race, no competition (Which, naturally, still isn't completely true since some people are bound to have better cards for a given race than others).

With the idea of "no walls", what you're really trying to say is "no mass unit generation". Walls just happen to be the one that popped up this time around, but in reality, Demons had a free unit that did the exact same thing with Tanglebrushes (Roselyn Bramblethorne). Elves have wisp spam, Undead have King Bael. Sure these don't stay on the field for anywhere near as long (depending on stage), but the general concept remains the same. Other have already brought up the problem of units looking similar to one another.

• Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:19am

I see what you're saying, but the way you worded it was "during the screenshot none can be present." Next time just keep that in mind, a bit confusing but I get it now. And honestly there is NO way that I know of other than logs that can track what cards are placed. The english servers only have Fuerst to moderate these kinds of things. So as much as I agree with ONLY playing that race throughout the battle, it cannot be tracked efficiently if at all.

Yes, sorry for not expressing myself well, I use the translator haha. And well, if that is what I want to say but it is not as extreme as you say, it is simply that at the time of taking the screenshot there are only creatures of the chosen race in battle but not of another race
  • Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:26am

Yes, sorry for not expressing myself well, I use the translator haha. And well, if that is what I want to say but it is not as extreme as you say, it is simply that at the time of taking the screenshot there are only creatures of the chosen race in battle but not of another race

That's what I thought the event required, but maybe I'm wrong. Idk if people sent pics in with other races or not, but I know that you can just dig the card before taking a screenshot. So I guess I just don't get the point lol.
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:28am

Doing it in isolation like that constricts card possibilities and probably will kill participation for a good number of people or just skew the ratio.
In your example of Human vs Elf it "seems" to work fine because the two dungeons are somewhat close in difficulty and generally speaking a lot of free cards have been given out for Humans and Elves.

But if it was say Undead versus Goblins (King's Mausoleum vs Shimmering Cave), you're going to get a pretty heavy skew. Now you can say that no sane person would host an event like that given how gimped Goblins are in general, but nevertheless they're still a race. When it's all 11 races, we already know (for ourselves) which races we would never pick - but with 2 races, we're stuck with one or the other. So inevitably, we might as well just have "1 race showings". The event host designates a race and everyone builds a deck for said race, no competition (Which, naturally, still isn't completely true since some people are bound to have better cards for a given race than others).

With the idea of "no walls", what you're really trying to say is "no mass unit generation". Walls just happen to be the one that popped up this time around, but in reality, Demons had a free unit that did the exact same thing with Tanglebrushes (Roselyn Bramblethorne). Elves have wisp spam, Undead have King Bael. Sure these don't stay on the field for anywhere near as long (depending on stage), but the general concept remains the same. Other have already brought up the problem of units looking similar to one another.

The truth is that I didn't think about the difficulty of the bosses at the time of writing this, and you're right being the case then low-level players would be excluded. In that case it could be with certain specific race wars for which I gave an example. If they were gobblin against beasts, it's something anyone could do even on normal difficulty.

As for race battles, they should be done in the sense that if it were a war of gobblins they would go to war with a race that is not as highly prized as beasts or ogres to make it more equal; is something that has a solution
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:30am

That's what I thought the event required, but maybe I'm wrong. Idk if people sent pics in with other races or not, but I know that you can just dig the card before taking a screenshot. So I guess I just don't get the point lol.

Exactly what I mean, that is, you can use cards of another race to support the battle, but at the time of taking the screenshot, those supporting cards must be removed to make it a clean screenshot.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:41am

Exactly what I mean, that is, you can use cards of another race to support the battle, but at the time of taking the screenshot, those supporting cards must be removed to make it a clean screenshot.

Yup I get that. I just don't know why anyone wouldn't remove it. But ya I agree, I'd say remove it or invalidate the SC is pretty fair.
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Friday, June 5th 2020, 1:52am

You guys are talking about models from 2 different races being the same, so in that instance, if someone desperately wants to use ONE identical unit from a different race...Who cares? Considering it's just fight AI bosses, it's really not that important and isn't going to exactly cheat the event for one of the races is it?

I also agree that walls shouldn't be on screen, but again these can be removed for the screenshot so it's not an issue.

I think overall it's a pretty decent idea, but 2 races could be a bit boring, could make it 3 with the same principle and undead and KM?

Thumbs up from me DarkNieto.

:thumbup:

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, June 5th 2020, 2:18am

You guys are talking about models from 2 different races being the same, so in that instance, if someone desperately wants to use ONE identical unit from a different race...Who cares? Considering it's just fight AI bosses, it's really not that important and isn't going to exactly cheat the event for one of the races is it?

I also agree that walls shouldn't be on screen, but again these can be removed for the screenshot so it's not an issue.

I think overall it's a pretty decent idea, but 2 races could be a bit boring, could make it 3 with the same principle and undead and KM?

Thumbs up from me DarkNieto.

:thumbup:

Yes, it may not matter that there are creatures of another race in the screenshot and not be counted but the suggestion that they are not present is to make the event more entertaining.

Regarding the 3 races being the case if it would be good or could be a "war of alliances" for example gobblins and ogres against beasts and halfblood
And points of the creatures present are added together.

Thank you :D
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 18th 2019

Saturday, June 6th 2020, 1:35am

Hmm, perhaps when we do goblins and ogres vs beasts and halfblood for example, we can even specify bosses for that.

E.g. players who pick goblins and ogres have to play in Dark Forest / Windy Cliff.
players who pick beasts and halfbloods have to play in Shimmering Cave / Sanguine Tribe

The only thing is I can't think of a boss map that represents Dragon/Angel/Demon/Planes (might've missed a few).

• Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Saturday, June 6th 2020, 1:48am

The only thing is I can't think of a boss map that represents Dragon/Angel/Demon/Planes (might've missed a few).
Those would dragons lair, hells realm and heaven so they would have to make those bosses permanent during the events
Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 17th 2019

Saturday, June 6th 2020, 7:53am

Honestly, it sounds like you guys are trying to make this event way more complicated than it already is lol. Based on the long discussion thread there's enough confusion as is and just reading some of these suggestions is making my head spin a bit like I get that you guys want the event to be more challenging (not sure why, but ok) yet some of these suggestions seem a bit convoluted, seemingly for the main goal of only allowing a handful of people to actually benefit from the top tier rewards. This is just my outside opinion based on some of the posts I've read, so if anything in here doesn't apply to you I'm not stating it as fact so please don't get offended, thanks.

• Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2020, 8:07am

Honestly, it sounds like you guys are trying to make this event way more complicated than it already is lol. Based on the long discussion thread there's enough confusion as is and just reading some of these suggestions is making my head spin a bit like I get that you guys want the event to be more challenging (not sure why, but ok) yet some of these suggestions seem a bit convoluted, seemingly for the main goal of only allowing a handful of people to actually benefit from the top tier rewards. This is just my outside opinion based on some of the posts I've read, so if anything in here doesn't apply to you I'm not stating it as fact so please don't get offended, thanks.

I mean I’ve been a part of the thread for a bit, and they’re not trying to make it complicated, or less complete-able for lower levels (in-fact I don’t think anything here suggests that.)

The suggestions here are merely to make it so its not full of cheesy loopholes, and while I don’t agree with some things here I know for a fact that I don’t see this as more complicated or level gatekeeping lol.

If you want, provide me with some examples cause I guess idk what you’re pointing at specifically.
  • Activate Facebook

Saturday, June 6th 2020, 8:36am

I agree with Ramudo, and although I was the one who created the thread, they made me see that some things are not adequate and now I do not agree with some things said before, but none of this is in order to make it more complicated or limited, it is only to make the event more interesting and fun

• Activate Facebook