You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "steelfist" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 1st 2019

Sunday, April 5th 2020, 8:30am

Can we have a vanilla server without events, please?

Well, i have been playing this game for much longer than my current account exists.
Believe me or not, i was there when Incarnates cards first entered the game and i was there when Doomskar and Lysandra first entered the game.
And now it's coming to its end. And what i want to say is KaL, in it's basics, is a good game.
What makes it much worse is events. Of course, i do not mean events like Master Armourer, because Master Armourer affects nothing and game would be same without it as it is with it.
What i mean are events when you (i mean KaL Team) throwing OP cards into crowd, and often you even doing it for free.
In last few months i discovered, which a big surprise, that i having a phobia to opening Eventlist, because i can not know what the heck you invented that time.
And of course in that month you did not disappointed me:
Free Card
Card 1: Lady Cupcake

I can give a big speech about why things like Lady Cupcake, Kazax etc. should never exist in game at all, but that is none of my business.
I'm OK with the fact that you giving unbalanced crazy $hit to people who paying to you.
But i do not want to see that $hit into decks of all the people around me, including my own deck.
You know i did not registered into the game where you need to draw crazy card that you got for nothing before your opponent draw the same card.
In game where i registered (so many years ago) people were meant to build their decks according to their ideas and tactics, searching card they need via Shop and AH, improving that cards via Lab, etc.
It was not about having gifts and compensations.

And what we having now?
Whales got broken cards for their money and they can't even play some of them, because playing these cards may crash the whole game (I honestly really sympathize with these people now, because i know they paid not for crashing game but for playing it).
As for free players, that's all about gifts and compensations now. Honestly, free players.
What was a biggest amount of rubies you got in last 6 months?
Was it gift? I bet it was.
What was a strongest card you got in last 6 months?
Did you got it for gold you saved from tower and daily activity or it rather was free pack/pack bought with free-given rubies/free card event?
Well, do not answer me please, that's none of my business.
But i honestly can not understand one thing - is devs & team are really hoping some of these free players will ever pay them money after they got Lady Cupcake and Fire Ruby for free?
Why they will pay if they can just wait for half a year and get for free a card which was worth about 4k for vips half a year ago?
It's just not fair, but as one clever man said yesterday in chat - wins>fairness, so nobody here have balls to say you that, because of course they want cool cards for free. That's so natural.

Well, that was a introduction, now let's come to the essence of my suggestion.
Can we please have another, totally new server without any events except event packs in the shop. People would still be able to become vips, recharge gold, open packs and look what they got for their money - that's like it should happen in normal, honest card collecting game.
As for free players they would be able to do daily activity, do tower, save gold and open packs if they want or use AH to buy cards from vips who opened these packs - that's what we were doing when we entered the game many years ago.

Why is that good for you (i mean team)? Because you will need much less efforts to maintain such server.
No making hard events, no giving compensations for non-working vip cards, no fixing server after each GSD, no giving compensation for game crashes on GSD.
Still having your money from vips.
Also, if there would be no gold rushes/recharge events people will need to consume more money to have cool cards from event packs.
Oh. And after normal server would be broken by new op $hit to the point when you would not be able to fix it at all, so people will rage quit, we and our vanilla server will be still with you, feeding you in your old age. Ha.

Why is that good for us (i mean players)? First, because of nostalgia.
Do no tell me nobody of you want to get back to times when we played werewolves, when WC was a hard boss, when you were forced to create special deck for KM and were kicking noobs who didn't know how to create it - and go through all the way again, building your deck with your own skill and hard work, not with game-breaking cards which devs choosed for you. Second, because we do not like crashes, and there were a lot of them last days.
I saw some of you rightly noted in chat that game is overloaded with op cards and abilities which can't work normally which each other.
So, it's probably slowly coming to collapse. And we do not want that to collapse.
I mean, i do like that game and i want to play it for years. And now i am afraid because i understand i wouldn't probably be able to play it for years.
Vanilla server can be more crash-resistant because of older simplier cards. And even if you do not want it now, believe me, you will want it after normal server will be broken to the end.

Well, that's all.
Now you will probably would not listen me, and i will probably quit.
But first i want to tell you one another thing. If you want you may make using of vanilla server non-free (something like monthly subscription just to enter it) and i would still pay you money (thing which i never did at normal server because i know math too well so i understand that i'm too poor to reach top even with all of my money) - just for playing it without seeing how you turning my favorite game into non-working ****.
And i believe there are other people like me there - because most of us, who stayed there for so long, stayed because they do like the game itself, not only op staff and compensations.
Please, think about it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fuerst_Axolotl" (Apr 6th 2020, 7:51pm)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

SirPhoey

Common

Date of registration: Apr 9th 2020

Thursday, April 9th 2020, 1:13pm

SO TRUE!

This state of the game is pure spamming cards.

Back when s13 launched it was the best time of the game. So many different meta type decks that you had to work around, and no blatantly OP cards, that spams 1000 cards to the field..

The tactical aspect is gone.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, April 9th 2020, 1:40pm

thank you for registering only to say i'm right. :)

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Date of registration: Apr 15th 2017

Thursday, April 9th 2020, 8:07pm

"Also, if there would be no gold rushes/recharge events people will need to consume more money to have cool cards from event packs."
"I can give a big speech about why things like Lady Cupcake, Kazax etc. should never exist in game at all, but that is none of my business."

Do u realize cards such as kazax and lady are in even packs right?

"Why they will pay if they can just wait for half a year and get for free a card which was worth about 4k for vips half a year ago?
It's just not fair, but as one clever man said yesterday in chat - wins>fairness, so nobody here have balls to say you that, because of course they want cool cards for free. That's so natural"

How is it not fair? You don't know what cards they are going to give. It is like marketing you can buy a product for 20 dollars but after let's say 1/2 year it would cost 10 dollars. Some items don't age well in the market since they lose value.

"building your deck with your own skill and hard work, not with game-breaking cards which devs choosed for you."

Dev never chooses what cards you use. U choose what cards are good and what aren't.

"Vanilla server can be more crash-resistant because of older simplier cards"
" AH to buy cards from vips who opened these packs"

This kinda refute your points, some cards like saline and mod can be gotten by packs

• Activate Facebook

Friday, April 10th 2020, 8:11am

Well, that's happening because i am trying to be honest. So, aside of having my personal opinion there is some facts which i have to admit even if i do not like it.

"I can give a big speech about why things like Lady Cupcake, Kazax etc. should never exist in game at all, but that is none of my business." - was about my opinion.
"Also, if there would be no gold rushes/recharge events people will need to consume more money to have cool cards from event packs." - there is fact that without at least some players paying to devs game could not exist.

"Do u realize cards such as kazax and lady are in even packs right?"

i do. i do not have a problem with people having cool card from packs with random things. but i'm against people having them not from packs.

Well, since you're here (again), i will just make things simplier for you. I will make two boxes - one with my own personal and selfish opinion about why i want a server without events, and another box with a sad truth. And yeah, there would be a contradictions, as they are always are. Having contradictions is not proving i am wrong - it's proving there are a couple of different and maybe even oposite reasons of why i may be right.

My opinion:
Events where you having exact cards are killing card-collecting competition. Recharge events are killing it for vips, Free Card Events are killing it for everyone. When you are opening packs with random cards, it's a card collecting game. Even if vips are having much more gold, while they're opening same packs, we're still playing the same game. When people are having an auction in AH, there is still a competition, that's still a game. But when you paying an exact amount of money to have an exact card that's not a game, that's a shop.

How game looks when you opening packs:
You opened few packs -> you got some card which may be good enough -> you should think if must build a deck with that card or continue to open packs for another card which you may have in the end or not never have at all -> if you think risk is too high you may try to get card you need in AH, if there is some player have it and willing to sell -> whatever you choose you can lose for reasons which are beyond your control.

That's a game. That's how a game works.

How game looks when you have recharge/free card event:

You should pay exact amount of money/complete exact event to have an exact card -> if you need the card, just do that. nothing except game crash can prevent you from having it, if you want -> if you do not need that card, do nothing.

That's how shop works. You came to the shop, you saw some goods and if you liked them you bought them. That's not a game at all. Of course, there is still a game when you entering the battlefield. But the whole aspect of original game - aspect of building the deck - is killed now. Well, maybe it's not killed, it's just badly damaged, as you still can open packs to get cards, but there is still a fact:
A significant part of an important game aspect is replaced with a practice that cannot be called a game, but only a shop. And that's done without any need. There is no reason why the game could not work and bring profit to its devs without this practice. And please take a note that i am not asking to remove such practice from the game (anymore) i am just asking for a server without that practice. There is no way my suggestion can harm you and your entertainment, Mr. Icedemon.

Well, that was my personal opinion. Now take a look at sad truth:
a) Card A entered the game and number of players made a recharge to have it as a reward.
b) Some much more powerful cards entered the game, and card A seems not so powerful anymore. Well, that's already a dirty trick which is done to make people pay again and again to stay competitive, but you can (in fact, you did) call it "marketing". As new cards entered the game, value of some older cards may decrease. That's a market economy and that's still normal. What is not normal is a next step:
c) One day devs decide that value of card A is now equal to 0, so they throwing it for free to anyone who want it, and even throwing more than 1 copy to each player to make it even more depreciated. But that's not their right to decide. If value of old card is 0 now, the market should decide that by itself. Unless it called a planned economy. And now we have lady cupcake as a perfect example. Few days before free card event had began it's cost at AH was about 700 gold, and card were sold with that price. So that's an absolute fact that value of the card was not equal to 0 by rules of the market economy. So, in fact, devs deprived players of the right to sold their cards for 700 gold in AH - those very players, who payed them real money to have the card as reward. That's not a marketing. In fact, would similar thing happen in the real life there would be legal charges, as people(i.e devs) used their monopoly over production of some goods(i.e cards) to disrupt market (i.e. AH) stability. Well, in China where the game is originating from, planned economy is normal. But as far as i understand, our game team are not chinese citizens. As far as i understand, it was not China who made them to do such thing again an again. Well, of course they have a legal excuse as gold which people recharged during recharge event is still their gold and nobody takes it away of them. As for card it was just a bright bait to make them pay, and after they paid, value of the bait was destroyed. That's absolutely legal. And that's a sad truth.

It still seems illogical to you that I would like to stay away from such "truth" and just have a simple server without all of this?

BTW - why it's even matter if i am right or not, logical or not? Maybe i am wrong so what? If my opinion exists, and other people who think i'm right are exist, then we should have a server. because it's beneficial for us, and it's beneficial for devs (i mean more beneficial then if we just leave to another game). It have nothing to do with being right at all. in fact, you're just flooding there, because whatever you say, it would not affect the topic.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Apr 10th 2020, 8:22am)

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Saturday, April 11th 2020, 12:21am

"i do. i do not have a problem with people having cool card from packs with random things. but i'm against people having them not from packs."

So by ur definition of there is no AH, TOA, Boss Fights, No chest cards. Since they aren't received from packs.

"That's a game. That's how a game works."

Essentially, anything digital, interactive, and used for amusement is consider called a game.

"That's how shop works. You came to the shop, you saw some goods and if you liked them you bought them".

By your reasoning then, packs shouldn't be allowed then. There are considered to be shop by ur reasoning. You literally go shopping, you see the pack/card you like, you buy them.

" So, in fact, devs deprived players of the right to sold their cards for 700 gold in AH - those very players, who payed them real money to have the card as reward."

They can't force players to sell their cards for an amount. You can choose an amount, it is whether or not someone would buy it. For example I sold a Carolina for 500 gold. It was originally given by the event so...

"That's not a marketing. In fact, would similar thing happen in the real life there would be legal charges, as people(i.e devs) used their monopoly overproduction of some goods(i.e cards) to disrupt market (i.e. AH) stability. "

Monopolies in the United States are not illegal, but the Sherman Anti-Trust Act prevents them from using their power to gain advantages.

"That's absolutely legal. And that's a sad truth"

It isn't legal if it is there would be lawsuits already. You really need to know the difference between what is considered illegal or not. The legal issue surrounding games are usually fraud, copyright, gambling illegal, etc

• Activate Facebook

Saturday, April 11th 2020, 6:57am

your attempts to read words only literally do not change the essence of my statements

"Essentially, anything digital, interactive, and used for amusement is consider called a game. "

what's the point in taking the meaning of the word from google translator and writing it here? do you want me to take all words you even typed and writing meaning for them?

You probably have nothing to say on the topic unless you would do it long ago. I proved my point and you have nothing to say against it, so you only can to carp some words and phrases taking them out of context like a bad journalist.

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Saturday, April 11th 2020, 11:50pm

what's the point in taking the meaning of the word from google translator and writing it here? do you want me to take all words you even typed and writing meaning for them?

Probably to educate you on words you don't understand the meaning of. How can you make a point if you don't know what the word means?
I wouldn't have to do it if, your argument can be understood. Half of your point is false and doesn't make sense.

I proved my point and you have nothing to say against it, so you only can to carp some words and phrases taking them out of context like a bad journalist.
I quote ur thing so, if my words are carp so are ur's. I never took them out of context. Youre just mad half of your reasoning are doo doo.

• Activate Facebook

Nua

Common

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2020

Sunday, April 12th 2020, 3:10am

As amusing as this thread has been, it should be pointed out that with KaL's current population and the uncertain future ahead of it, it isn't likely that an isolated server will be all that much different outside of paid spenders *maybe* joining, with the likelihood dependent on whether they have to start over fresh or not. Sure, you can assert that there'll be "plenty" of people willing to start fresh, but up until now the public sentiment has proven to the contrary. Before this people were consistently asking for merges, despite knowing that there would be "negative" consequences of merging with a pool containing an older playerbase with more resources than them.

It's safe to say that the majority of people playing this game aren't going to be playing on every active server. Most people probably don't even manage more than a single account. So if the decision to open a new server necessitates a fresh start, then the players are effectively asked to put aside whatever progress they've made up until now - and KaL as a game fundamentally requires extensive time investment to make any noteworthy progress.

However, if people are allowed to migrate their accounts as is, then this would do nothing but cut into the existing playerbase on existing servers, since for this idea to work, there wouldn't be cross server PVP (it wouldn't make sense to have cross server PVP if the intention is to "go back" to an older state of the game). If people already have all of the "problematic" cards to begin with when they migrate, the new server would be pretty much, more of the same, just with fewer people (since you can't guarantee a full migration).

If not enough players join the new server, then PVP on the new server suffers as a result. If a large number of players leave an existing server for the new server, then we get the old problem which led to people asking for merges in the first place. Expecting that people would play on both a new server and an old server is unreasonable - especially if the motivation behind the new server is dissatisfaction with the old server.

What you've described isn't all that much different from how the Chinese servers operate. For those who aren't aware the Chinese servers have no gift events whatsoever. All special packs are VIP gated, and new servers are regularly started in order to compel players into a "rat race". The model works for the same reason that KaL's model works - there are people addicted to the game enough to drop large sums of cash into it, and they accept their addiction at face value without needing justification for spending several hundred USD a week or month. But the playerbase is meager, wintrading and alt farming are practically a necessity given how dead the servers become, and ultimately there isn't much incentive to stay active.

If the underlying motivation was to have the game last for an extended period of time, then you're better served requesting that the dev team concentrate their efforts into making a full transition towards a new platform well before the flash expiration date (At the moment all we have is a list of potential avenues, with no confirmation or clarification on what those avenues will mean for the end user and no timeline outside of the flash shutdown deadline). If that process (should it happen), also requires a fresh start, chances are good another chunk of the playerbase will leave and stay gone, and both KaL and RoM before it has never done well when it comes to player count growth & retention.
  • Activate Facebook