You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2019

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 10:08am

Hello hero steelfist,

I think you attach too much importance to the free card event.

It is one of the oldest recurring events, which is why such questions should always be checked carefully.

But let's look at the points:
Does it make the cards and the collecting worthless?
No, since you can never rely on whether the card fits, nor can you determine the time yourself.
On the other hand, you can specifically build, expand and creative your deck by collecting, buying and opening boosters as you wish and then when you need or want it (in addition to things like equipment, saddles etc. that also need to be farmed).
You also have to consider that the cards always lose value immediately after you receive them, let's take Augustus as an example, at that time he was literally "the king in the ring" and was traded for thousands of gold, today you get it for free in the Soul Summoner thing.

"Rest is coming soon"

With friendly greetings, your Prince Axolotl.

Mit Konstruktivität erreicht man immer mehr als mit puren Schimpfen.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 11:55am

Do decks become more monotonous?
Yes and no.
The first days will certainly be tested and experimented by many players with the gift card, and some will then use it for longer.
On the other hand, this happens both regularly with the Soul Summoner and Back to the Battle.
But in the long term, the diversity increases through a higher offer, lower prices and the possibility to test without punishment by using resources.

• Activate Facebook

• "steelfist" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 1st 2019

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 3:31pm

hi boss. tnx for coming here and speaking with me.
you said nothing about comparative value of free cards and, for example, daily activity rewards. To stay at 600 activity points every week is harder then to complete free card event, while activity chest (especially first of them) offers nothing comparable. Almost same can be said about tower and most of hard bosses. Only thing which you can get from all of these and which can be (sometimes) more valuable then cards which you giving almost for free is fire opal. And the efforts you must make to get it is from tower, boss or activity are far greater then what you do to get free legendary ot even godlike card. As for Soul Summoner it requires incredible amount of time to get at least legendary card (if we take me as an example it's something about 150 days). And that's why Soul Summoner is nice and honest way to create cards.

As for free card event it's indeed one of oldest events. I still can remember when its rewards were interesting but mostly decorative cards which suited theme of current holidays (like Holy Branch (don't remember actual name - it was roots in the snow), Icy Mirror etc.) - something which is funny to get, but almost nobody will built his tactic on such cards. But now I have to say it went too far. Event-creators just taking cards which seems outdated for top players and throwing them to free card events. And now i am want to repeat the question which i asked in very first post of the topic: What are you trying to achieve by giving players the same godlike and legendary cards for free? And i am also want to add another question: Why setting packs or recources as rewards for same events would not make it better and more useful and enjoyful for everyone? I may not remember correctly but i belive that few years ago i once saw an similar event when you was getting about 9 opal frags as a reward.

p.s. i am also want to thank you and developers for the last Daily Login Event one again. It was incredibly exciting event, which gave us a lot of cards and opportunity to trade what we got via AH. I am personally sold Hanako for over 700 rubies. Best of daily login events i witnessed so far.

Thank you again.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 4th 2020, 3:43pm)

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Date of registration: Apr 15th 2017

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 4:55pm

since you wanna argue here it is
1- "Given card became useless. If the whole server have the same card and all players have that card in their decks, the card have no more its own value - what have an value now is only who will draw this card and who wouldn't". This is argument is flawed just because people have it doesn't mean it has no value. For example, if everyone has a dollar bill, does the dollar bill have no value now. No, it doesn't. Also, you have to consider other cards in the deck, based on your statement the one card, in this case, the gl card correlates to the person will or having a large advantage, which is false.
2-"but because game leaves them no choice - if they do not make deck of free cards, they can not beat player who doing so."- You can easily beat player with free cards like a fairy team. You have to consider that some free cards aren't that good like Lord Konrad. Just because they are free doesnt mean they are much use.
3-"So there is no more combining, no more opening boosters, no more development of decks - just getting free cards and buying some (not much) in where most or bought cards are card which where at Free Card Events sometimes before, but given person missed it.
"- So getting free cards mean no more development of decks. You have to consider the gold you can receive from TOA or boss fight, also you have to consider the cards that people don't want for example the devil was sold for 200 gold in AH.
4- "Then that unnamed person will go fight a player who played for half a year and would win because he draw the godlike card first. Maybe i need to stop playing for a year, come back at next New Year (because i know you always making Free Card Event with godlike card at New Year - and get my next godlike card along with unreasonably huge rewards for absence? So, after 15 years i would have a whole deck on nice godlike cards - without doing anything to get it!"- like I said before the gl card doesn't dictate a guaranteed win. You need to know just because a card is gl doesn't mean it is good, some years ago they gave GL Venus as an award, so based on your logic if I drew her first I won.
5- "So how do you planning to fight them when they have the same cards? Open fight and hope than you'll get a better draw? Very funny game"- The point of Arena is having good draws and cards. Since you have the same cards, draw matter alot. So do you suggest that we pick out first 2-3 cards?
6-"But if i dare to play that cards i will be punished, because i do not playing cards which other guys chosed for me". This sentence dont make any sense
7-"I do not speaking about VIP players and their cards at all. That's none of my business", ". Free player would never we equal to vip player. You can buy Calculina at day first and with some luck it would kill all the cards we got from free events for half the year ", " only players i can beat with my non-vip deck, are non-vip players of 35-50th level", "Free player would never we equal to vip player"- so you never spoke about VIP players and their deck/cards. What you wrote told reader something else.
8- ". So please answer me with facts or keep silent."- majority of your statement are opinion so maybe take your own advice and be silent.

• Activate Facebook

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 5:39pm

icedemon, again, speak about topic, please. not about refutating my words but about topic. you wrote here a lot of posts but i still haven't your opinion. how the fact that free card event is a good thing follows from what you said? And if you do not in fact think that such events are good why are you spending time on refuting my words? i can not understand.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 4th 2020, 5:47pm)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 10:08pm

i rather have epic cards whos way better than gl amatarsu

• Activate Facebook

Moony

Good

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2019

Sunday, January 5th 2020, 12:01am

free modesty next ftw

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, January 5th 2020, 4:38am

when that's an epic cards it at least requires some efforts from players to upgrade them to competetive level - while those who don't need them have (tiny) chances to sell them. from what you said i got that gl amaterasu seems like a useless toy for most of you.

icedemon, our discussion have no sense. I probably can't understand how game works at the higher levels of competetion where you're playing. And you are probably forgot how game works at lower levels where i am playing. you trying to tell me the the problem of topic does not exists at all - but i am witnessing it everyday (because i am active player too and i am doing 5 to 10 duels per a day). There are players which made their decks of mortharch, shadowwalker, selena, etna, waiting lady etc. - and now they also have amaterasu. They are not some theoretical people whom i imagined for example - they are real people who really exist and playing among us (also, did you noticed what a player named Moony said here in his first post - he saved gift fragments and got 3 copies of amaterasu. So he probably does not think that card would not change anything, right? Only reason he may need 3 copies of card he can not to sell is he is planning to get all three into his deck, right?). So i do not imagined - GL amaterasu still does have a value for player of certain level.

From what you're saying it could be very easy to beat such people. From what i seeing (i never fought Moony tbh) i could say that's about 50 to 50 for player who still not earned enough of free gold to bought some top crads (you probably know very well that average income of active free player is about 200 gold per a week. which means you probably need few months to make a full-elite deck of at least 15 cards - which would not be even top cards). And there are also players, who being at level 35 and at 1vs1 scores 400 already bought modesty, nerdy and some awakened cards. So when i am saying that's impossible for non-vip to beat a vip i am not exaggerating - that's true for players of low levels. but that's not what's the topic about so let's not speak about that anymore. Now i am asking you to just answer one question: would it better for you to get some resources, fragments or packs instead of free cards - or it's still better to get free cards?

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 5th 2020, 5:13am)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Sunday, January 5th 2020, 9:02pm

i dont think he use the 3 cards just good for rep farming and fodder for enchant

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, January 5th 2020, 9:36pm

The free card event is always to be seen as a supplement.
First of all, contrary to the name, you have to provide something in return (completing quests and collecting the necessary exchange items).
Second, the impact that the event has is comparatively low, the fact is that a godlike card (generous) every 3 months is too rare to not have to invest your own work.
Third, the event is not planned to equate you with strong players, but is there to give players who are keen to experiment a chance without doing anything "unnecessarily".
There is also a small push for newer players to make it easier to get into the game.
The last big one is why should we try to change a working system when we try to use the resources to fix the systems / problems that don't work or need to be revised.
Additional note: An adaptation of an existing system for the benefit of the player has to be compensated elsewhere (from the developer / Dev perspective), as an example are the boosters, you can draw better cards from the newer boosters, but at a higher cost.

• Activate Facebook

• "MyNameJeff_S5" is male

Date of registration: May 17th 2016

Monday, January 13th 2020, 9:30am

for crying out loud why does this thread even exist - free card event forbidden?????

we have a decent handful of f2p players why would a f2p player disagree in a free card assuming legendary.
if you were even beginning this game would you disagree if a free legendary card was offered to you? ofc not it is just common sense.
if i offered you a free car or a house would you take it?....... by the sounds of it no lol
i think some people forget that there are some new players that join our community from time to time ( i do however wish that KAL would invest in more advertising to expand our community - i myself have introduced KAL to a number of irl friends of mine)

MyNameJeff (S5) Azrael (Real Jeff)
Happy to help in game if anyone needs help feel free to ask.
Enjoy your day :)
  • Activate Facebook

Yumikai

Common

Date of registration: Jan 23rd 2020

Thursday, January 23rd 2020, 6:20pm

hi, this is yumikai. i'm not sure if this has been said already, but i'll give a bit of a background. I have been playing kings and legends for years. there was a ton of on and off, but the things that brought me back were 1. free cards 2. new races. the cards increase productivity of the players but... it also gives the devs a chance to make better cards (nerdy for example) to counter those cards. Even if everyone has a nerdy, there will always be something in the future that can top it. Do you get what i'm trying to say? you might want to argue on the topic some more, which i totally understand. it does, in a way, ruin the balance of the game. but balance is shifted and rebalanced with each new card that comes out. whether it's from a pack, or from a recharge claim. There are a majority of us that disagree with this 'free card event' being forbidden. we understand your concerns. but... the balance is constantly being reconfigured. which is why the idea of giving away cards (old or new ones) is supported. if there was no event like this or a booster bonza, new players would be way over whelmed. what fuerest says is true, it gives experience of variety to players (non vip and new) to test the waters on new effects and similar 'legendary effects', such as heroic applied to all friendly creatures or reflect damage to all friendly creatures. Yes packs are still there, and in this player market game, gold gaining is not easy. Ruby making is tedious. When new, there are not cards that everyone want. especially when easy to obtain. Packs are great, but again, recharging is not an option that everyone can do.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yumikai" (Jan 23rd 2020, 7:08pm) with the following reason: i realized that i would only be feeding fire

• Activate Facebook