You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "steelfist" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 1st 2019

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 10:28am

Why Free Card Events should be forever forbidden

Hereinafter i'll refer the event, where you collecting gift fragments for quest and getting card in the end. as "Free Card Event" (as we haven't event list anymore i do not know its actual name). Anyway, these cards are not much different from free cards as quest are easy and any player who have some will and basic communication skills can get these cards in the end.

So, we have such quests and whole idea is not bad at all. What's bad is decision to give cards as a reward. If rewards were opal fragments it would be nice. If it were some gold (so player can buy in AH cards which he or she likes) it would be excellent. But we have a cards, same cards for all players, and that's what we have as a result:
1. Given card became useless. If the whole server have the same card and all players have that card in their decks, the card have no more its own value - what have an value now is only who will draw this card and who wouldn't.

2. Decks of newbie players becoming the same. When you are the newbie player and even more when you are newbie free player, that's not cost effective for you to do something other than Free Card Events - because any cards you can get on your own can't compare with card you getting for free. As as result such players have literally the same decks (you know, Tifa+Lady-in-Waiting+Selena+Kefka+Neva+Etna etc). So there is no more combining, no more opening boosters, no more development of decks - just getting free cards and buying some (not much) in AH - where most or bought cards are card which where at Free Card Events sometimes before, but given person missed it.

Of course, you may say that i am wrong and people are not making decks of free cards, but what i am saying is based on my experience of fighting non-vip players of 35-50th level (because, in fact, only players i can beat with my non-vip deck, are non-vip players of 35-50th level, so i have a lot of such experince) - and yeah, they are making such decks. And they are doing so not because they are lazy or low-skilled - but because game leaves them no choice - if they do not make deck of free cards, they can not beat player who doing so.

And just now we have a perfect example of what i am saying - an Free Card Event with godlike elite card as a reward! I am here for 70 days and i am a free player, so there is absolutely no way i can get any godlike card (that's requires a bit more time to build alchemy lab of 15th level). And now any player can get it for free! So what i have for spending my time on creating deck, getting gold from tower and dailies, buying required cards for my tactic, combining, enchancing, being a daily player? I'm getting a godlike card from events, which any person can complete for 4 days having spent about 15 minutes per a day... That's really making the whole game meaningless.

So now i have a question to our dear and beloved developers (no sarcasm here, game is nice, and some of recently events were good - like Daily Login Rewards event - because it giving different cards to different players, making them to choose and to trade to give what they want. so i do respect devs and have a deep gratitude to them for what they did for us). So, the question is:

What are you trying to achieve by giving players the same godlike and legendary cards for free?

Do you hope to help free players to keep on par with vip players with these free cards? That's a bullshit. Free player would never we equal to vip player. You can buy Calculina at day first and with some luck it would kill all the cards we got from free events for half the year - fighting them all at the same time. We all know it. Vips know it. Free players know it, too. And if they (or, i may say "we", as i am one of them) are still playing and still free that means they (or we) are content.

Or maybe you want give a good present to vip players who paying you? That's a understandable and laudable desire, but you failed. Godlike Amaterasu wouldn't help vip players to became stronger. All of them, who wanted it, bought it long ago. Others have awakened cruxia - why they need godlike Amaterasu?

So i have only one last assumption of why you doing that - you probably trying to help free players to keep on par with another free players who playing for longer time. And there i want to ask: WHY? Why players would play daily, do activity tasks, raid bosses, attend tournaments, open boosters, when anyone can register yesterday and get free godlike card today? Then that unnamed person will go fight a player who played for half a year and would win because he draw the godlike card first. Maybe i need to stop playing for a year, come back at next New Year (because i know you always making Free Card Event with godlike card at New Year - and get my next godlike card along with unreasonably huge rewards for absence? So, after 15 years i would have a whole deck on nice godlike cards - without doing anything to get it!

People, that's not a World of Warcraft. That'a a Card Trading Game (i hope you still remember it after supporting it for all these years) and card trading game should be about collecting cards - getting them from boosters, combining, upgrading and exchanging them etc. - not about getting gifts. If such events occurs once a year at holidays - it would probably be nothing. But now that's regular and so there is a problem.

To be honest, i had already faced the same problem about 2 years ago at 16th server - and then i quit quietly. Now i want to try another plan. Let's hope it'll work.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. i'm just a russian hacker, after all.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 1st 2020, 10:47am)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Moony

Good

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2019

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 7:05pm

Not going to go point by point on everything stated above, but I will say I (and I believe the majority of players, esp F2P) STRONGLY disagree with this criticism.

Free card events definitely increase server activity. There are a lot of non-whale players who actively avoid 2v2, and many also avoid 1v1. When these events happen, that changes. The cards that are given out for these events, rarely affect the overall meta, but there is always value in having free leg and gl cards. I for one was very excited to see the free GL Ameratsu today (especially since I saved up gift fragments from the last 2 events, and was able to get 3 GL's right away).
While P2W whales are the reason the game exists, the game also needs happy F2P players. It's pointless to argue which category is more important, because both are needed for a healthy game.

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 7:50pm

please don't reduce the problem to the topic which is not connected to it. If you read what i wrote above, you should already understand that i'm free player too, and free godlike cards are making me unhappy because it's reducing my own efforts to make a competetive deck to nothing. As for P2W players the topic has nothing to do with them, as such a little mess as godlike amaterasu can't affect them at all. So that's absolutely not "P2W vs F2P" topic.

What's you saying is "i got 3 godlike cards for free and i'm happy". But everyone got the same cards - so what are you so happy about? About devs planned your development for you? About your deck became even more identical to decks of other free players? So how do you planning to fight them when they have the same cards? Open fight and hope than you'll get a better draw? Very funny game. :thumbdown:

Currently if you are F2P player and want to create deck not identical to other's - deck which will allow you to rely on your skill and tactic in the fight - you must make an incredible efforts. And with every free-for-all godlike card devs are destoying your efforts more and more. That's what makes me unhappy as a free player. As for your point of view, i belive if you got not cards but some resources (like opal fragments or gold) for same events, you would be happy too. Or if you still want to get cards, quest reward may be a some pack - so everyone will have cards, but different cards. So there is a way to make most of players (both F2P and P2W) happy, not only those who like to get all the stuff for free. And when i say "for free" i mean not "without paying money" but "without planning and making efforts to get what they want"

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 1st 2020, 7:57pm)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Nov 1st 2019

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 8:09pm

What you forget is the longer people have been playing, the more diverse their decks get via free card events. It's just that you're currently in a level/score bracket which is very samey because you match people who have started their accounts at similar times to you. Take an f2p who started 2 months prior to you and he'll probably have quite a different deck by having more diverse free cards plus some more from AH.
Another point which you shouldn't forget is that free card events also depress prices for those cards in AH. So people joining in later do benefit from free card events more than if everyone was given e.g. a Hero's legends pack. That helps keeping new people on the game as there are affordable decent cards available in AH.
As for the trading card game aspect ... as there are minimum prices and you can't exchange equivalent card ranks between players, there's not much of a trading aspect here. It doesn't help that the currencies for buying and selling in AH are different.

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 8:20pm

No, man, you misunderstood me. I do not forget about things which you are speaking about - and that's exactly what makes me sad. You are literally saying that main source of new cards for free players is free cards events. If you play longer you had more events and more cards, if you began later you have less events. You're not deciding which cards to use - pool of available cards is determined by events. It you trying to use another cards, you getting lower-level versions so you losing to everyone (do you have godlike callista? probably not. i do not have it. and even if i want it i can't pay for it because at AH it would cost 3k gold. but i have godlike amaterasu. and you have. everyone have it - that's how it works). So that's exactly what ruining game. And that's what making me sad because i like the game and i like many different cards some of which are not even elites. But if i dare to play that cards i will be punished, because i do not playing cards which other guys chosed for me.

There are no any aspect anymore but only aspect of donating and aspect of begging devs for free prizes - all another aspects became useless. Tell me why i need, for example, upgrade my city hall it i getting godlike cards from free events? That requires about 3 months of time and tons of efforts to upgrade lab and make 1 godlike card on your own, but you can get godlike elite now for free. Which aspects are you talking about?

When the game have some free(i mean "one which not requires efforts of daily playing") content that's only normal. But when players who do not making any efforts and just getting what they given for free (and again i mean "for easy fast quests") having more than people who making efforts and trying to play in a bit another way, that's just stupid. What can i do on my own which can be compared with having godlike card for 4 days? Nothing, i guess. So i can either get the card and use it or lose to ones who got it. TBH, they'd better give godlike cards to ones who got 600 activity points for 4 weeks in row - that's at least requires some patience and diligence. But now for 600x4 activity you can get 400 gold or 4 fire opals - if you're very lucky. if you are not, you getting 4 lame epics. Nothing of these can not be compared to godlike card (which you getting for 4 days, 15 minutes per day).

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 1st 2020, 8:44pm)

• Activate Facebook

Piru

Common

Date of registration: Dec 19th 2019

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 8:42pm

You are criticizing the fact that the game devs have an event where you can get a card for free.
For in your view it makes people have similar decks and almost all VIP players use the same cards, such as lust, modesty etc.
While players using free event cards use them to help progress towards better cards in the future.
So when they get such cards they stop using free cards.
So me and many don't think like you think harm the progress of the game as you say it harms.

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, January 1st 2020, 8:49pm

piru i respect you very much but i must say that you're not reading what i wrote. I do not speaking about VIP players and their cards at all. That's none of my business. What i am speaking, again, is the fact that just now i must either get the godlike Amaterasu and use it or lose to ones who got it. And i do not belive that in foreseeable future me or another players who are equal to me can get anything comparable. And that's not the first time when such a situation occurs.

Now please name me 15 cards which are better than godlike amaterasu and which i can get in future without other free card events. I belive that if you try you will see that i should use that amaterasu for next 2 years or something.

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Date of registration: Apr 15th 2017

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 2:01am

Heiro, cinder, and nerdy to name some are free to get with rubies. You really think the godlike card is that good, u must not have many good cards.
Also one god like card isnt going to change the entire game

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 2:25am

TBH it seems like ur lazy, I'm a non-VIP with lust, Hiero, nerdy, Farrah and other awaken stuff, so your complain about non-VIP with bad deck is kinda far fetched

• Activate Facebook

Zaifir

Common

Date of registration: Jan 10th 2019

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 2:53am

I kinda agree with Icedemon here, i am vip0, and i probably won't even use Amaterasu. I don't play a full 30 cards deck though. For my deck it does not do enough to justify a cd 5. The Lin and the Laylah i got without cashing do though.
But i see were you are coming from. in the first few mounths i used mostly free event cards because they are easy to get. They don't really do enough to keep them that long though.
However, i would enjoy what you are suggesting for another reason. Even I with vip0 don't get much value out of the free card events. Its just for the sake of collecting and maybe selling them for rubies, even though i would need alot of luck for someone to buy one. A few rubies, maybe a booster like the 2018/2019 booster ( i know they are kinda scam-ish) would be useful to everyone and lead to more diverse decks. I would also enjoy farming like 50 giftfragments for a godlike enhancement gem or a few black opal fragments.
But yeah, just play a while and try to snipe some good deals in the ah and you will start beating free card event decks easily with your selection of cards.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 5:47am

people, stop that, please. i am here not for you telling me how to play. things which are you telling about do not affects the problems i pointed. if you are so cool and have all the cool staff then amaterasu is useless for you and you would be better to get some fragments or some gold, too. And that's what i said in very first post of the topic. And there are many of players who playing mostly (or only) gifted cards. That's a fact. All system of boosters, combining, bosses, daily activities, tower pvp rewards etc. is currently ruined by rewards of Free Card Events because those rewards is not comparable to rewards of the whole system. That's also a fact. Amaterasu is just an example. Good card or not, at AH it would cost few thousands of gold. In terms of daily activities that's about 10 weeks (if you doing tower and getting pvp rewards with raiting 64+). So that's absolutely obvious that value of free card events and all other vip0 activities in the game are not comparable.

You may tell anything about being lazy or not, vip or not, but that wouldn't change the facts. And i do not came here to discuss with you about what i forgot about playing or about me being lazy, but i got the facts and came to tell devs about those facts. What i did in a lot of words and with a lot of argumentation. And, again, that was not to tell free players can not achive something or it's hard to be the free player. if you still did not noticed, i am here asking devs to make game harder for free players including me. So, please, stop your attempts to teach me something. i'm awaiting answer from devs, not from you.

• Activate Facebook

Moony

Good

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2019

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 2:46pm

If you lose to a player simply because she/he's got GL Ameratsu, then you have bigger problems than this.

I am happy for the free GL, because it may come in handy some day to burn for awa.

But I also have a completely F2P alt that I use, and I am constantly trying to make the best deck I can there. And you know what? GL Ameratsu isn't even in the deck! Yeah, it's GL, but it's in no way, shape or form an OP card. On the other hand, a while back I got a leggy Carolina for free -- and that's a staple of my F2P deck.

And the most important point you have overlooked here is that I see people with ridiculous cards/decks every day, and that does not necessarily mean that they win the match. Sure, someone with all the major recharge cards can win on OP and dumb luck, but strategy and appropriate combinations can still win matches.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 5:26pm

i am happy for you, but how that changes the main point of the topic? point that free-given rewards in this game are bigger than those which requires some actions to get. yeah GL amaterasu is not top card but still pretty strong. When did someone got from weekly activity chest something comparable to her? when did someone got something comparable from the tower or hard boss? OK, fire opal can probably be compared to not-top godlike card but even that's debatable and situation dependent. As for all other drops you can get - that's not ever near worth of weakest of GL cards.

Dear people, that's not topic about "GL Amaterasu is OP" that's topic about the very idea of giving strong free cards for nothing. And nobody of you gave some good explanations about that so far. Instead you are speaking about how i can't defeat GL Amaterasu and how lame player i am (while others just coming here to bragging how strong they are and which cool cards they have). That's probably very funny but even lame player still can be right. And as i already said what i am speaking about is a facts. Cards, opals and gold has costs and you can compare this costs to each other and see what's more valuable. That's not the opinon of some players - experienced or not - but fact. So please answer me with facts or keep silent.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 2nd 2020, 8:44pm)

• Activate Facebook

Zaifir

Common

Date of registration: Jan 10th 2019

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 9:14pm

Neither me nor the others were just flexing with our cool stuff. We gave examples for actually good cards that we got without investing money, which is something you specifically asked for in one of your replies.
Now i agree with you that there is an issue with the current rewards for a majority of the aktivities, but thats not free card events being to strong, thats other events being to insignificant.
You won't keep these cards for a long time, and you won't want to stick every free card into your deck. Seriously, i'd rather put a legendary Howler or Elven Rebel in my deck than some of them.
Boosters or something else would be nice, but the free cards are not that much of an issue. A lot of people exclusivly use them? Great, take your Deck that you worked on and get some free points. Who cares if other peoples decks are not diverse, as long as my own deck is fun to play and hopefully viable. iI couldn't care less about other decks, unless they look interesting, then i might try to build something similar.

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Thursday, January 2nd 2020, 10:15pm

Um facts need to be proven by scientific data, " And as i already said what i am speaking about is a facts.Cards, opals and gold has costs and you can compare this costs to each other and see what's more valuable", VALUABLE cant be quantify.
Dear people, that's not topic about "GL Amaterasu is OP" that's topic about the very idea of giving strong free cards for nothing
What? You refute your point by saying that. Make sure your rant proves your points, you kinda look dum

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fuerst_Axolotl" (Jan 2nd 2020, 10:21pm) with the following reason: You can watch your Mouth.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 25th 2016

Friday, January 3rd 2020, 2:55am

Hello,

I don't think that Steelfist's argument is how OP Amaratsu is; its how useless it becomes once it becomes a free card.

Everyone who didn't have GL Amaratsu before, and where it will benefit their deck, will add it to their deck; Others who didn't have Amaratsu before, but whose deck would not benefit from its inclusion, will not add it to their deck.

However, as the free card event typically only benefits the folks without OP cards, it turns into a case where everyone without OP cards gets the same card added to their deck. As a result, no players deck gets stronger or weaker due to its inclusion as everyone who needs it is adding it to their deck.

Personally, I think opal frags instead of the free card is probably a bit too strong for what the developers want. But perhaps fire ruby frags? I know they don't currently exist but could possibly be added.

-Focust

• Activate Facebook

• "Lantus" is male

Date of registration: Oct 7th 2016

Friday, January 3rd 2020, 8:38am

I just want to make one point in this story and that is: for this game to be balanced and for cards to have true value there shouldn't be any cards as reward. And only way to get a card would be thru packs. Because this is not the case since beginning of this game it is useless to argue about this. I agree that it would be better that only rewards are gold, gems and rubies but you can't change rules in the middle of the match, technically you can but this is not good practice.

• Activate Facebook

Friday, January 3rd 2020, 5:56pm

To Lantus:

technically devs have no obligation to give us some free stuff at all. So if only they want to fix the issue "in the middle of match" they can do that easily - all they need is just don't make free card events anymore and make some other good events instead. Bosses can probably don't answer anything in that topic and just do so - and there would be no proof that they do not make free card events anymore because they listened to my suggestion - and if they later need to do so they can make such events again anytime so nobody can blame them. So, the problem can be fixed easily without any uproar. As many of you said, gifted cards will lose their relevance after some time, so the whole situation will slowly turn to better. And that's what i am asking for - it's not like i want everyone to burn free cards they got before.

To others: sorry, but i am not native speaker or English. I can probably state what i think, but that's too hard for me to understand how you condemn or edify me - tbh i can't even to distinguish between your condemn and edification. So, please do not be offended but i do not understand half of what you say. Especially icedemon.

To Focust: i'm glad so famous man took a note of question i have raised. As far as I could understand, you basically agree with my suggestion. Thank you.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 3rd 2020, 6:19pm)

• Activate Facebook

• "icedemon" is male

Friday, January 3rd 2020, 11:11pm

Steel fist maybe you should read what you wrote and make sure none of the points refute each other. Your rant has many flaws to it you said one thing, then switch to another. You ask us to give you cards that you can get with rubies when we did you said we are showing off. Your argument is flawed and you composition is even worse.

• Activate Facebook

Saturday, January 4th 2020, 7:55am

well, i probably said it not clearly enough, but i never meant cards you can get with rubies, and that's why: buying packs with rubies you get not the cards you want but just a some (quite low) chance of getting them. that's normal and that's how such games usually works. but you can not compare that with free cards events because in such events you know you will surely have the card - and if you want the card you giving fragments and receiving the card while if you don't want you saving fragments for next event. You can not compare that with boosters, but you can probably compare that with buying card in AH where you giving gold and getting the card you need. so what i originally meant were cards purposefully received from AH (with further enchancing to required level), not those which you may have or not have when you buying packs. And what i originally suggested was to change rewards in events to frags or some packs (or rubies which will lead to buying more packs in shop). So if what you saying is truth and people have real chances to have calculina, lust ect. from packs, while amaterasu is not strong card, my suggestion should made such events really better, right?

now let me to explain myself about saying you were showing off. At very first of your posts you wrote:

"You really think the godlike card is that good, u must not have many good cards."

And in the second post:

"TBH it seems like ur lazy, I'm a non-VIP with lust, Hiero, nerdy, Farrah and other awaken stuff, so your complain about non-VIP with bad deck is kinda far fetched"

You really not said much about main point of my arguments and suggestions, but what you said - or at least what i understood with my poor english - "you're a newbie player without good cards so the issue which are you talking about is too small to be solved". Sorry if i misunderstood you and you meant something else.

And now let me to get to the main thing i want to say you: if you're the top player with awaken stuff and free godlike cards are nothing for you, then the topic and discussion here should not bother you at all. But i am not a top player - i'm just a newbie with not many of good cards. Have you to say something about the topic aside of it being "far fetched" by a weak players? If you have, please say it. If you have not, please shut up.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "steelfist" (Jan 4th 2020, 8:05am)

• Activate Facebook