You are not logged in.

[Criticism] Why is it down?

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ichthysfreak" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 11th 2019

Tuesday, June 11th 2019, 10:06pm

Why is it down?

Can anyone explain to me why exactly the game is broken right now? Something about a broken card? So, bad programming essentially? Have the devs said anything?

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Delusion" is male

Date of registration: Apr 18th 2018

Tuesday, June 11th 2019, 10:21pm

s1-s15 is working just fine

#makeKALgreatagain :thumbdown:
  • Activate Facebook

• "ichthysfreak" started this thread

Tuesday, June 11th 2019, 10:46pm

How do I tell what server I'm on? Will I have to start over if I switch servers?

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 2nd 2019

Tuesday, June 11th 2019, 10:55pm

Why is the server down? Because the company is incompetent and does not know how to maintain their own game, nor do they care. All they care about is money.

The game, mods and company are all s hit.

Zidane is a useless mod who can only remove comments and send private messages like a robot.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 4:12am

There is a known card which, when played, essentially causes the server to stop communicating between server side and client side. Some functions still work like basic GUI options, but basically things that would normally need to call the server in a "routinely" manner. The problem is a known one, the devs apparently cannot fix it, but since no one knows if the problem will ever be fixed, whenever it is played, issues happen.

They can't compensate for the downtime, because that will make people abuse the card for compensation. But they can't remove the card because then whales will complain. So the only thing they can do is basically just hope that no one who has the card uses the card.

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 6:14am

There is a known card which, when played, essentially causes the server to stop communicating between server side and client side. Some functions still work like basic GUI options, but basically things that would normally need to call the server in a "routinely" manner. The problem is a known one, the devs apparently cannot fix it, but since no one knows if the problem will ever be fixed, whenever it is played, issues happen.

They can't compensate for the downtime, because that will make people abuse the card for compensation. But they can't remove the card because then whales will complain. So the only thing they can do is basically just hope that no one who has the card uses the card.

They could fix it. The crash including lelith is caused by the same mechanics as the one caused by dale and could be fixed by either giving arctic barrier to lelith or removing rhialla, which maybe should be considered to prevent crashes with future cards and also restore a little bit of balance in this game. Lets be real rhialla brought nothing good to this game. She was included in every game crashing combo (howling gail, dale darkblade, lelith hesper) and every game balance breaking combos (11th hour towahli, shield ward spam (especially with raziel/calculina)).

I dont know why it takes so long, the issue has been reported for so long already and the fix should be knöwn and has been reported too. I wonder if its gamigo not forwarding it to the devs or if its just the devs not wanting to change the card.
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 10:30am

Ars, apparently the problem is 3 cards in conjunction, not 1 card (Hesper, Salaine and Rhalia). Besides, the whole "apparently they cannot fix it" is just an excuse to show they they won't. I remember reading that Dale was giving Arctic Barrier (as well as Nimble) due to... complications (it was in the forum). So where's the excuse this time? If there is a fault when it comes to Hesper and other cards, then the obvious thing to do would be to fix it when we know that they can.

Also, about whales complaining about Hesper being removed, think about what happened to Pan.

Zidane is a useless mod who can only remove comments and send private messages like a robot.
  • Activate Facebook

Namii

Good

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2018

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 11:07am

Yeah, using Lelith by herself causes no problem. I use her in every deck I have. It's the combo of Lelith/Rihalla or Lelith/moon or Lelith/Riverseer. I was told Salaine has to be on the field as well, to bust the server, but..... she does not.

That's why the whole "sanction the players who use Lelith" argument is stupid. If no one from the game is going to tell us the combo that breaks the server, I'm not sure how we're responsible.

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 12:51pm

Also, about whales complaining about Hesper being removed, think about what happened to Pan.

That's not comparable. Pan was a free card. They just gave people the resources back, problem solved. Lelith was 100 EUR recharge card.
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 3:56pm

That's not comparable. Pan was a free card. They just gave people the resources back, problem solved. Lelith was 100 EUR recharge card.
That's actually a good point. The Trojan packets were free (of gold) unless you bought them via the AH. Hmm, I don't even know what a good compensation would be. I mean, I doubt they can (or would) refund the card. It would mean they would have to calculate each currency and how many of a card people bought, so they would need to be a record of them. Not sure if I am overlooking something. Alenka, if they would, or could, do some sort of compensation for if they removed it (or we get asked to extract them), what would be a good even comp?

At the end of the day, it isn't fair. The people essentially paid for for a card that breaks the game when used with another type. It's like buying bootleg things, basically.

Also, Namii, Hesper + Riverseer does not break the game (I should know as I used them both).

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 4:00pm

That's actually a good point. The Trojan packets were free (of gold) unless you bought them via the AH. Hmm, I don't even know what a good compensation would be. I mean, I doubt they can (or would) refund the card. It would mean they would have to calculate each currency and how many of a card people bought, so they would need to be a record of them. Not sure if I am overlooking something. Alenka, if they would, or could, do some sort of compensation for if they removed it (or we get asked to extract them), what would be a good even comp?

At the end of the day, it isn't fair. The people essentially paid for for a card that breaks the game when used with another type. It's like buying bootleg things, basically.

Also, Namii, Hesper + Riverseer does not break the game (I should know as I used them both).

They could remove Lelith and let ppl pick another recharge card of choice as replacement. That way they wouldnt have to refund any money.
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 4:37pm

They could remove Lelith and let ppl pick another recharge card of choice as replacement. That way they wouldnt have to refund any money.
Like Laylah :D?

• Activate Facebook

Namii

Good

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2018

Wednesday, June 12th 2019, 5:38pm

Interesting. I was under the impression Lelith + any card that keeps her alive. I can vouch for the Lelith + Rihalla because I did an oops on that one.

Also, I don't know that Layla is comparable. She's a small recharge. Lelith was a super store card - so 8k/30k. I would not consider that a fair compensation.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it's getting frustrating that it still hasn't been resolved.
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 3:09pm

26th of June will fix the issue, they are going to remove rhialla from the game.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 5th 2017

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 4:36pm

Game down again lol

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 5:00pm

yes - Reborn broke s16....

just remove the bloody cards

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 5:04pm

yes - Reborn broke s16....

just remove the bloody cards

Just 2 more weeks. Removing Rhialla will fix this issue and prevent possible future issues.
  • Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Unscathed (13.06.2019)

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2016

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 6:33pm

24 hours. We had it back for TWENTY FOUR ******* HOURS

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 7:13pm

feel the pain for those who purchased these cards...However to get money worth the game needs to work..or the money sits and does nothing on the card..

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2016

Thursday, June 13th 2019, 11:55pm

Has anybody noticed how fast the game loads while all functions are down, though?

• Activate Facebook