You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Gunny_Walker" is male
  • "Gunny_Walker" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 10:28am

Satan packs/2018 packs - can't use rubies

Satan packs - can't use rubies

I saved up a few thousand but can't use them.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 10:43am

most likely (I hope) a mistake.

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 2:59pm

Even saintly you can't use rubies and you could previously so it must be an error...

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Maxim95" is male

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 3:20pm

in the event plan it does say gold or rubies ;)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 2nd 2019

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 11:54am

The same is true for the Sweeties and Holiday packets. Clearly this is just more incompetence and them rubbing it in our faces. Is anything ever done right?

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 12:15pm

The same is true for the Sweeties and Holiday packets. Clearly this is just more incompetence and them rubbing it in our faces. Is anything ever done right?
No, at this point it's intentional, not incompetence. The French forums got a reply saying that this was basically a decision made from higher up and they wouldn't be able to get a proper response, but going forward basically all packs will be gold and not rubies.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 1:01pm

No, at this point it's intentional, not incompetence. The French forums got a reply saying that this was basically a decision made from higher up and they wouldn't be able to get a proper response, but going forward basically all packs will be gold and not rubies.
That's stupid (to me) and possibly greedy. The packets cost rubies before. That much is evident as the Saintly pack, for example, did cost rubies. This seems like some scheme at grabbing more money from people and they are making rubies less plausible. Soon rubies will be like the block functionality on YouTube (pointless).

And before you bring up the argument, yes, I do realise that card games involve spending money -.-. I play a TCG in real life myself, so that much is clear to me.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 1:21pm

Quoted

That's stupid (to me) and possibly greedy. The packets cost rubies before. That much is evident as the Saintly pack, for example, did cost rubies. This seems like some scheme at grabbing more money from people and they are making rubies less plausible. Soon rubies will be like the block functionality on YouTube (pointless). And before you bring up the argument, yes, I do realise that card games involve spending money -.-. I play a TCG in real life myself, so that much is clear to me..

I mean most of KaL is archaic compared to the other versions. RoM has updated rewards and flexible packs that aren't limited to VIPs. Japanese servers have no trade limits and updated pve on top of having extra packs long before KaL or RoM decided to try implementing them. I'm just pointing out that somebody did ask on the French forums. I think the Germans asked too, but I can't read German so I don't know if they got a different answer from the French "non answer".

Not like the Sweeties Pack is worthwhile anyways. Lots of rehashed cards, and if the rates are the same (read: no guarantee of anything, one of the promo cards is literally just a card that could have been gotten with standard race packs and fusion lol) it wouldn't be worth rubies.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2018

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 1:49pm

packs and rubies

Pile of **** if this is true basically kills the auction house as apart from packs rubies are worthless simply wont waste gold on substandard not worth it packs not recharging again either than can **** themselves.

• Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 2:04pm

I mean most of KaL is archaic compared to the other versions. RoM has updated rewards and flexible packs that aren't limited to VIPs. Japanese servers have no trade limits and updated pve on top of having extra packs long before KaL or RoM decided to try implementing them.
That is because they do not bother to update it. The servers are not top quality and we get errors time and time again. What do they do with the money that they get? Not getting better servers, that is for certain. Removing the ruby option is just rubbing salt on the wound. Also, regarding Japanese servers, I read that you can quite happily set the auction for whatever price you want and it is not subjugated to minimum (such as 50/200/3000/10000 accordingly. And yes, I know I missed out a couple of rarities).

Quoted

Not like the Sweeties Pack is worthwhile anyways. Lots of rehashed cards, and if the rates are the same (read: no guarantee of anything, one of the promo cards is literally just a card that could have been gotten with standard race packs and fusion lol) it wouldn't be worth rubies.
That is besides the point. Just because it is not worth the rubies does not mean removal of the rubies. And besides, did you not mean that it was not worth the gold if it is not worthwhile?
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2018

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 3:45pm

packs and rubies

Just get rid of rubies give the rubies we have into gold get rid of restrictions in auction house

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 4:41pm

this thread just shows perfectly how spoiled the KaL community is. I think the packs are fair for gold, they all contain multiple decent and meta relevant cards. If they had been for gold from beginning probably no one would even complain. Gamigo probably realized they were too good for the price, so they removed the rubies option, which seems fine to me. Huge LOL at those that think RoM is in a better state... wow they removed vip restrictions from packs, but you realize they don't have any good packs right? Virtue packs cost gold there while they had (maybe still have) an ruby option here. All the new Event packs are KaL exclusive since Demadrend requested them. You can't get any of those in RoM. KaL was just too generous and yall got spoiled, since u got tons of meta cards for free or rubies like Praxia, Riverseer, Farrah, Carolina. But if yall are so unhappy, go play RoM. Pretty much every good recharge card that costed 15 € here, costs around 200 € there. I think KaL had not a single really good big recharge card in the last months, all the best cards were small and you call them greedy? KaL also had way more generous events in the past then RoM will ever have.

• Activate Facebook

• "Maxim95" is male

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 5:20pm

Like you stated kaynie it's true we got bit spoiled by that.
On the other hand made me excited that i could open packs so i saved rubies up. Now excitment is gone :p But no real lose tho still have the rubies!

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 6:17pm

Well that´s a lot of bullsht Kaynie. Remainds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dErRj6V8_xQ

Except we are FORCED to change gold to rubies, by selling cards in AH...

• Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 6:56pm

If Kaynie wants to push this fairy tale that the game is in a great place let them. It won't change the Flash is getting phased out year end and in all likelihood, problems are only going to get worse with time even if both KaL and RoM don't just get sunsetted relatively soon afterwards. They already seem convinced to die on this hill anyways, might as well leave them to it.

• Activate Facebook

iceman12

Common

Date of registration: Apr 24th 2018

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 6:57pm

rubies

I guess I would be more ok with the change but there was no communication about it so I sold cards to get rubies so I could buy these new packs and now I sold them for nothing. The bigger issue here is the lack of communication between those in charge and the players. Not telling people anything when this happens or when a big change occurs is wrong and shows they don't care about the players they just care about the money. This thread has been up for a while and not one response from those in charge that I am sure have seen this thread.

They need to convert all the rubies that I have from selling cards to gold not due to the change but due to no communication with those that are paying to play the game.

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 7:20pm

they dont need to do that at all - you want them too

just be glad that you can still buy them and they havnt put vip restrictions back onto them

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 7:38pm

If Kaynie wants to push this fairy tale that the game is in a great place let them. It won't change the Flash is getting phased out year end and in all likelihood, problems are only going to get worse with time even if both KaL and RoM don't just get sunsetted relatively soon afterwards. They already seem convinced to die on this hill anyways, might as well leave them to it.

You put words in my mouth. I was only refering to KaL monetization being in a better state then RoM. The game in general could improve in a lot of aspects but I don't think the pricing, packs or Events are an issue. You get a lot more bang for ur bucks here then in the other versions.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Gunny_Walker" is male
  • "Gunny_Walker" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 8:46pm

Last month ROM released Event II packs - all cards are leg / gdlk for 298g / 298 rubies. Which most of those cards were worth every rubies / gold spent.... jeanne d'ark was well worth it imo.

The issue here is that on the event list for april they false advertised the packs - saintly packs, sweetie packs. satan packs were going for 198g / 198 rubies. I have no issue paying gold for the packs but when the event list states gold / rubies im assuming that it would be both.

If selling cards in ah and we get rubies - rubies should hold the same weight as gold, but in this game this is not true. If players are spending gold in AH we would think we would get gold in return. since rubies don't hold the same value for certain packs.

I do know that yes there are packs that just require gold, no issue on my side with that.... and as kaynie stated there is a benefit to KAL vs other platforms as the gold here is cheaper and you get more of it. but with ROM you get VIP rewards for spending a certain amount monthly. and they give free silver if your VIP 8, 9, 10...

• Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 10:13pm

You put words in my mouth. I was only refering to KaL monetization being in a better state then RoM. The game in general could improve in a lot of aspects but I don't think the pricing, packs or Events are an issue. You get a lot more bang for ur bucks here then in the other versions.
I don't think I've mischaracterized you at all to be honest. You seem to have made a reputation for yourself going around white knighting at every opportunity you see, reminding everyone that their criticisms are invalid and they're entitled. Maybe you see this as a reflection of other people, but other people will see it as a reflection of you, when you're the common denominator saying pretty much the same thing everywhere.

But if we're going to be objective as far as monetization is concerned then frankly RoM is in a better state than KaL, given the productivity of FZ combined with their improved rewards system (free daily legs and epics basically lets anyone gather enough materials for FZ) to make gold more accessible to all players and not just paying players. If you want to make it even more specific to prove that you're right, and narrow it down to pricing, both the individual pack costs and rates are now actually better on RoM than KaL because of how their meta works (and they've basically thrown every meta card into a single pack that's both guaranteed and has the same cost as the mixture of packs KaL has). The only saving grace KaL has in terms of meta is that the card release schedule is far behind the other servers. Well, that and PvP is dead enough that nobody needs to care about meta since it's easier to just feed computers.

You can argue that KaL has better seasonal events, though patch notes are basically the same now that RoM has decided to follow suit.

Monetization and gold effectiveness are really poor choices to emphasize when comparing RoM and KaL. It's definitely not what I would choose as a hill to die on.

If you're going to argue that it isn't an issue, then judging against being given nothing, I'm sure people would agree. To be honest, people would probably still play even with no Events, and none of the new packs. The complaints would still be there sure, but by now the population that's left is pretty much casual enough that they only complain to make light of the situation. Most people that play nowadays just log in to do PvE or chat with people they met through KaL. And hell, people on S16/S17 certainly didn't care too much about the Easter Event when it came and passed them by.
  • Activate Facebook