You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wrath

Epic

• "Wrath" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Tuesday, April 23rd 2019, 10:53pm

This game is doomed here and in rom. I do not regret coming here instead of going back to rom after Loy closed. But frankly this game is dead and its days are numbered. Rom's goal is dumber than a fish in the middle of the desert. The cards are totally broken, and everyone should look for the same cards and classes if they want to achieve something in the arena. and here in Kal is really the desert and we are the fish. lol. I love this game, but this is the sad truth. This game is dead.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Dzidalbn (23.04.2019)

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, April 24th 2019, 12:17am

You put words in my mouth. I was only refering to KaL monetization being in a better state then RoM. The game in general could improve in a lot of aspects but I don't think the pricing, packs or Events are an issue. You get a lot more bang for ur bucks here then in the other versions.
I don't think I've mischaracterized you at all to be honest. You seem to have made a reputation for yourself going around white knighting at every opportunity you see, reminding everyone that their criticisms are invalid and they're entitled. Maybe you see this as a reflection of other people, but other people will see it as a reflection of you, when you're the common denominator saying pretty much the same thing everywhere.

thanks for the analysis doc. I do critize things like the delaying of the merge, the missing update for online and weekly rewards and the lack of communication. But sure I am a whiteknight because I think these packs are fair or because I prefer the 15 day Supermacy (still 9 fragments for 698g as before) over the 7 day one (more sac cards vs a bit less convenience).

But if we're going to be objective as far as monetization is concerned then frankly RoM is in a better state than KaL, given the productivity of FZ combined with their improved rewards system (free daily legs and epics basically lets anyone gather enough materials for FZ) to make gold more accessible to all players and not just paying players. If you want to make it even more specific to prove that you're right, and narrow it down to pricing, both the individual pack costs and rates are now actually better on RoM than KaL because of how their meta works (and they've basically thrown every meta card into a single pack that's both guaranteed and has the same cost as the mixture of packs KaL has). The only saving grace KaL has in terms of meta is that the card release schedule is far behind the other servers. Well, that and PvP is dead enough that nobody needs to care about meta since it's easier to just feed computers.

What packs are those? You refer to the recharge pack II from 2017? That only had Nullifier (Towahli) and Selaine + a lot of garbage that isn't meta relevant? I haven't seen any new pack since then. Can you show me the pack you are refering to that contains basically every meta card? 4600 Gold in RoM (biggest available Pack cost you 105,38 USD which are currently 93,88 € (100g = 2,04 €) while in KaL you get 8613 Gold for for 99,99 € (100g = 1,16 €). RoM requires the same amount of Gold to get the recharge bonuses. If you break it down into the recharge tiers it looks like this (1000 / 8000 / 30000):

1000: Rise of Mythos (1260g = 28,17 €) Kings and Legends (1172g = 14,99 €)
8000: Rise of Mythos (8060g = 168,99 €) Kings and Legends (8613g = 99,99 €)
30000: Rise of Mythos (30000g = 614,92 €) Kings and Legends (31955g = 349,98 €)

Pretty much all meta cards in KaL were small recharges or available in a free way:

Lust (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Modesty (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Patience (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Star (Big Recharge or Tarot Pack for Gold/Cyber Monday)
Wheel (Big Recharge or Tarot Pack for Gold/Cyber Monday)
Selaine (Big recharge, Bonanza (4k and 30k I believe) + Pack for Rubies (Recharge Pack 1+2))
Tami (Small recharge)
Calculina (Small recharge)
Farrah Star (Small recharge, Gold Rush (5k), Pack for Rubies (2018))
Carolina (Small recharge, Pack for Rubies (2018))
Rhialla (Small recharge, Gold Rush (5k), Christmas Sale (4k))
Riverseer (small or big recharge (can't remember), 4k bonanza anyways)
Gingerbread (bonanza/daily login or so? Got too many dunno anymore)
Kimono (small recharge and also multiple times for free or bonanza, dont know, too many of her)
Felicity (small recharge)

Every card except the Virtues/Tarots and Praxia were super easy/cheap to get. Even the Virtues and Tarots are far spreaded among low and even none vips as we got plenty free tarot/virtue packs + the sell quite cheap in Auction these days. You can have a deck to compete against everyone in KaL for like 150 € while in RoM u can't even recharge a single good card with it. But please show me how RoM is in a better state monetization wise.

You can argue that KaL has better seasonal events, though patch notes are basically the same now that RoM has decided to follow suit.

The Events aren't good lately, I agree, but the Events in the past were huge. 2017-2018 between November and January they gave away 3 black opals alone (Halloween + 5 years anniversary + christmas quests + Daily Login). You know what RoM got for its 5 years anniversary? A competition were 5 ppl could win 9 fragments, while in KaL everyone got a black opal. They easily gave away 4 to 5 black opals already + tons of v&v/tarot packs + fire rubies. Lately the Events like the easter one aren't great, but its still more then RoM offers, they have no seasonal events at all. I would say we got spoiled again in the past, thats why our expectations are just so high now.

Monetization and gold effectiveness are really poor choices to emphasize when comparing RoM and KaL. It's definitely not what I would choose as a hill to die on.

Thats ur assumption again. I never stated, that I chose KaL over RoM because of its monetization and gold effectiveness, its just that the topic is about it. There are a lot of reasons while I would always chose KaL again over RoM -> Gold/Card Duplication bug, Loging into other Accounts via Link manipulation, Saintgate, having a Player in charge (Soleil seems to be very nice from the few talks I had with him, but still having a player in charge always brings the risk that he takes decisions favouring him and his entourage) ect.

Question is, why do you play KaL instead of RoM or the CN/JP version, if u think they are so much better?
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Thursday, April 25th 2019, 12:39am

What packs are those? You refer to the recharge pack II from 2017? That only had Nullifier (Towahli) and Selaine + a lot of garbage that isn't meta relevant? I haven't seen any new pack since then. Can you show me the pack you are refering to that contains basically every meta card? 4600 Gold in RoM (biggest available Pack cost you 105,38 USD which are currently 93,88 € (100g = 2,04 €) while in KaL you get 8613 Gold for for 99,99 € (100g = 1,16 €). RoM requires the same amount of Gold to get the recharge bonuses. If you break it down into the recharge tiers it looks like this (1000 / 8000 / 30000):

1000: Rise of Mythos (1260g = 28,17 €) Kings and Legends (1172g = 14,99 €)
8000: Rise of Mythos (8060g = 168,99 €) Kings and Legends (8613g = 99,99 €)
30000: Rise of Mythos (30000g = 614,92 €) Kings and Legends (31955g = 349,98 €)

Pretty much all meta cards in KaL were small recharges or available in a free way:

Lust (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Modesty (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Patience (Big Recharge or Virtue Packs for Rubies)
Star (Big Recharge or Tarot Pack for Gold/Cyber Monday)
Wheel (Big Recharge or Tarot Pack for Gold/Cyber Monday)
Selaine (Big recharge, Bonanza (4k and 30k I believe) + Pack for Rubies (Recharge Pack 1+2))
Tami (Small recharge)
Farrah Star (Small recharge, Gold Rush (5k), Pack for Rubies (2018))
Carolina (Small recharge, Pack for Rubies (2018))
Rhialla (Small recharge, Gold Rush (5k), Christmas Sale (4k))
Riverseer (small or big recharge (can't remember), 4k bonanza anyways)
Gingerbread (bonanza/daily login or so? Got too many dunno anymore)
Kimono (small recharge and also multiple times for free or bonanza, dont know, too many of her)
Felicity (small recharge)

Every card except the Virtues/Tarots and Praxia were super easy/cheap to get. Even the Virtues and Tarots are far spreaded among low and even none vips as we got plenty free tarot/virtue packs + the sell quite cheap in Auction these days. You can have a deck to compete against everyone in KaL for like 150 € while in RoM u can't even recharge a single good card with it. But please show me how RoM is in a better state monetization wise.

Question is, why do you play KaL instead of RoM or the CN/JP version, if u think they are so much better?
So it's now clear that not only are you approaching this from a whale/spender perspective, you're also working off of outdated information without bothering to do any research. The Event Pack II is the same cost as the "New Packs" released, takes some of the cards from each of the KaL packs, merges them into the same pack, then adds in another set of cards from previous recharges. KaL's new packs are advertised as majority epics/some legs/typically one prize godlike. RoM's new pack is advertised as half leg/half godlike. The main difference on top is that KaL's New Packs have no guarantee, the Event Pack II guarantees that one of the advertised line up will always be drawn at leg quality minimum. There is really no argument which pack is better. You can say again that KaL's meta is "healthier" than RoM's, but that isn't what's being argued here.

Tarot and Virtue have been accessible to the entire population on KaL for some time since they have no VIP restrictions, and yes, Tarot packs have been handed out before, on the same nebulous time scale that KaL operates on. Turns out both servers have on and off schedules. No point discussing CN/JP since their free for all auction system means people could literally buy some Tarot/Virtue cards for less than 100 gold. We've already gone over why PVP is dead, and the "meta" really only matters to people who decide it's worthwhile to spend time waiting for a match. So when it comes down to it, the game is just a gacha game now. It's a slot machine for card collectors. And not the best one out there by far either, but no one would ever bother to argue that RoM/KaL can compete against them, that would be ludicrous.

But if you're coming from the perspective that you need to buy gold, then RoM clearly wins out with the way they handle FZ, which practically hands out 2k gold every month and a half just for logging in (effectively the only cost is time, but...it costs time to make money anyways so how far down into the specifics do you want to go?). FZ in KaL is nowhere close to being as effective. All other factors being the same (protip: it's not, because League got changed in RoM too), RoM is far more effective in terms of gold currency just by FZ alone. Fact of the matter is that there's no real need to buy gold, but if you're going to argue that only bought gold matters and f2p doesn't mean anything, then it was a poisoned well to begin with. Have fun buying gold. For someone who is f2p, I can say for certain that RoM is better with gold than KaL is.

Now regarding your last question: I play both KaL and RoM actually. I don't bother with the CN and JP versions since this game is in its confirmed final phase and I don't care enough to start new accounts just to see the servers close down (Pretty sure you need a Chinese RIC as well for the CN servers), but both RoM and KaL I still play as free gacha simulators. Doesn't take more than a few minutes per day, and for a while I had more fun hunting down the artists on deviantart and various Chinese art websites where the folks "purchased" art from, so seeing new art was fun in its own way. I don't know where this mindset of "It's one or the other" comes from, but yeah, there's actually quite a large number of people who play on both - see the same distinctive names regularly.
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 12:52pm

Can use rubies for new packs.

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 4:22pm

Pack Ruby Fiasco

so being told that packs were no longer being sold for rubies i spend them on gems for upgrading my gear - but now one of the most over powered packs IS available for rubies and I have nothing left to buy them with....

thank you...

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 5th 2017

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 4:28pm

Did same thing ;(

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 4:29pm

yeah - can you get rid of the extra level on my kings weapon and return 2k rubies? ta

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 5:00pm

Lol the next pack will be even better. You can already start gathering for it.

• Activate Facebook

Zidane

Game Master

Date of registration: Jul 3rd 2017

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 8:41pm

Can use rubies for new packs.

Well, even if certain packs no longer have the ruby option, none of us here told any of you they were going to be gone.
  • Activate Facebook

Namii

Good

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2018

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 1:47am

Ooooooh. What's in it?
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 2:18am

Ooooooh. What's in it?

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Namii (01.05.2019)

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2018

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 2:14pm

2018 packs gems removed.

I see use of gems on the 2018 packs has been removed in a attempt to money grab as much as possible.
Shocking decision no wonder this game can't attract newer players when it craps on the older ones. You people are
making gems worthless therefore making the auction house worthless. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 2:52pm

I see use of gems on the 2018 packs has been removed in a attempt to money grab as much as possible.
Shocking decision no wonder this game can't attract newer players when it craps on the older ones. You people are
making gems worthless therefore making the auction house worthless. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Rubies so useless... just could get Rhialla + Calculina with it.
  • Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 3:03pm

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with regard to packs and Rubies. The fact that some of the newer packs were made available for Rubies could have been a temporary introduction offer. As Zidane has pointed out, nobody has issued a statement that Rubies are being removed from the game. I expect some packs will remain available for purchase with Rubies and the Auction House will remain entirely functional. This is my opinion and not an official response.

To answer the earlier queries, the packs were available for Rubies on the test server which is why last months Event Plan included that option as it was correct when the Event Plan was posted.

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Parabellum" (May 21st 2019, 3:36pm)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2018

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 4:56pm

yep useless

Rubies so useless... just could get Rhialla + Calculina with it....

Hahahahhahahaha yeah chum useless. Could get, could get, magic word being could but here is the thing you COULD use gems for those and the last time the 2018 pack and the previous times you COULD use gems so by them removing that option from 2018 packs you CANNOT use them now ie changing the goalposts without telling anyone or did i miss that on a previous posts let me see errrmmmm no nothing about removing the use of gems so don't bother selling anything ( in the now useless auction house as that is my opinion not an official one) unless you want to waste them on overpriced junk to improve you gear but heaven forbid what happens when all the whales have fully upgraded all their gear. In future just be honest and say hey gems can only be used on junk in the shop and first buys on our new packs of the same cards just be rehashed.

• Activate Facebook