You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "RustyHose" is male
  • "RustyHose" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 18th 2016

Sunday, March 31st 2019, 3:27pm

Stop the boosting!!

Until when will u do something about the boosters in this game? They are clearly boosting in both 1s and 2s. We all know who they are..
It was reported over a month ago,and nothing has been done to the offenders. Now even more people are doing it..
This is really unfair too the rest of us who play. Pleasee stop this. Lets all play fair :thumbsup::love:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "RustyHose" (Apr 1st 2019, 8:19am)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Sunday, March 31st 2019, 3:37pm

So many are clearly boosting on s1-15, most of them aren't even trying to hide it now!

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Sunday, March 31st 2019, 3:38pm

i see a few on s16 too, just ruins the fun for people when they get booted out of higher rewards for no reason

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

• "RustyHose" is male

Sunday, March 31st 2019, 3:41pm

U know how messed up it is when a player was 1st in 2s 2 seasons ago in front of kaynie and alenka. ?(

• Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Sunday, March 31st 2019, 4:33pm

That person was reported a over month ago and is still playing now :rolleyes:

Come on Wilfried Bony
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

Wrath

Epic

• "Wrath" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Monday, April 1st 2019, 4:13pm

Same happens in s-17....but server its dead anyway...

• Activate Facebook

• "RustyHose" is male

Monday, April 1st 2019, 7:49pm

This is really stupid. A player who wasnt here,who i never heard of,is already way ahead of us in 2s. He added 50 points in just one day. And no one seems to care anymore. Is this game really this dead ? i mean whats going on? :thumbdown:

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Monday, April 1st 2019, 8:03pm

The only valid procedure is to fully report these incidents to Customer Support including as much as detail as possible (time, server, screenshot). GM's cannot check the validity of these reports as we cannot access the logs. I know this process can be slow and frustrating but it's the recommended method.

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

• "RustyHose" is male

Monday, April 1st 2019, 8:11pm

The evidence was already sent,over a month ago. And as it seems,it aint slow. its super slow since that player is still here. The new evidence was sent today. And by the time something is done,he will win in 2s like one player already did :D but doesnt matter i guees. thanks for a replay para :love:

• Activate Facebook

• "Hopeless44" is male

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2018

Monday, April 1st 2019, 10:47pm

At all servers its the same. I play on s-17 and arena is compleetly empty all day long and when there are finaly some people in it they are booosters and run quickly if someone enters the arena. There are only a few players there who will fight anyone.

Today only a few days after season starts still empty.

Kal fix this game and servers are bleeding dry. This stuff is costing you people.

Its about time too merge all servers, and maybe compensate the latest servers to make it more even.

The players need people in the arena and not only running boosters!!!

Hopeless44

S-17 Bastien
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 6:35am

At all servers its the same. I play on s-17 and arena is compleetly empty all day long and when there are finaly some people in it they are booosters and run quickly if someone enters the arena. There are only a few players there who will fight anyone.

Kal fix this game and servers are bleeding dry. This stuff is costing you people.

Its about time too merge all servers, and maybe compensate the latest servers to make it more even.

Merging won't help your issue. RoM tried it, and all it ended up doing was make people angrier, get more frequent arguments about the size of other people's wallets and why the meta is pay to win. It's pretty clear who the well off players in Bastien are just by looking at the ranking board, which is understandably pretty small. There are basically a few small circle of "friends" or whatever you want to call it that have turned PvP into their own private club. Hell, Bastien can't even fill up the top 100 slots in their local server. That's just how disinterested people are.

And can you blame them? What is the "fun" behind PvP supposed to be when it's the same people with the same trophy decks? At least with PvE there's the appearance of playing a simple puzzle game. PvP is just a show and tell of cards people forked up cash to buy and how much they can afford.

So smaller players aren't incentivized to bother with the wallet rat race (in RoM these players either accepted that they'd need to boost the whales in order to stay within the ranking, or they'd just be booted out by the whales and their alts), new players have zero incentive because in a "fully mature" server trying to climb the ladder is basically impossible. All that's left are the whales and their circles, and if they were honest with themselves, they would probably be happier to stay undisturbed in their own circle rather than fight against other whales and their wallets. The whales that get shoved off because they aren't rich enough eventually leave and people end up going back to their old routines anyways.
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 7:21am

Merging won't help your issue. RoM tried it, and all it ended up doing was make people angrier, get more frequent arguments about the size of other people's wallets and why the meta is pay to win. It's pretty clear who the well off players in Bastien are just by looking at the ranking board, which is understandably pretty small. There are basically a few small circle of "friends" or whatever you want to call it that have turned PvP into their own private club. Hell, Bastien can't even fill up the top 100 slots in their local server. That's just how disinterested people are.

And can you blame them? What is the "fun" behind PvP supposed to be when it's the same people with the same trophy decks? At least with PvE there's the appearance of playing a simple puzzle game. PvP is just a show and tell of cards people forked up cash to buy and how much they can afford.

So smaller players aren't incentivized to bother with the wallet rat race (in RoM these players either accepted that they'd need to boost the whales in order to stay within the ranking, or they'd just be booted out by the whales and their alts), new players have zero incentive because in a "fully mature" server trying to climb the ladder is basically impossible. All that's left are the whales and their circles, and if they were honest with themselves, they would probably be happier to stay undisturbed in their own circle rather than fight against other whales and their wallets. The whales that get shoved off because they aren't rich enough eventually leave and people end up going back to their old routines anyways.

RoM servers were nowhere as dead as KaL servers, so it cant be compared. Some used to cry here too when healthy servers merged. But there is no other option then merging right now, PvP is dead. They should merge all servers and freshen up PvP rewards to incentivize people to play again. PvP used to be the a source for Gold and decent cards, but aince the cards are all useless now and a handful of games is enough to get into top 32 people just stop playing. Most people seem to use KaL just as an Instant Messenger these days, which is very sad.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 10:55am

RoM servers were nowhere as dead as KaL servers, so it cant be compared. Some used to cry here too when healthy servers merged. But there is no other option then merging right now, PvP is dead. They should merge all servers and freshen up PvP rewards to incentivize people to play again. PvP used to be the a source for Gold and decent cards, but aince the cards are all useless now and a handful of games is enough to get into top 32 people just stop playing. Most people seem to use KaL just as an Instant Messenger these days, which is very sad.
There are definitely RoM servers that are even worse off than KaL right now, on some of their servers the only traces of activity are people that show up on the only page in the ranking board, because nobody bothers with anything but trading wins. It was standard practice on some of their older servers for everyone to run alts just to get dailies done. RoM and KaL is effectively a glorified single player game with "patch" support and microtransactions.

But changing rewards won't draw any of the crowd back. The whales will continue with the status quo, a few might spend even more to try and build a lead while others that can't afford it will drop out of the race. The boosters will continue with their status quo, because they don't have any reason to stop, if anything they'll either find new loopholes to abuse or just boost harder than before. The people that were already borderline are just going to get kicked out early on by the increased whales, and probably more people will give up, Then naturally the folks that gave up already and the ones that left won't bother at all. Collectors that aren't whales probably have all the cards they would want from PvP, and probably have easier means of collecting cards than fighting against whales and boosters for the gold.

In a server small enough for the top 32 to remain consistent, eventually people just accept it and stop participating, so the people in the top 32 can keep their club. In a server with everyone forced into a ring, it'll only be those who were originally at the top that will bother fighting for top 32, and eventually a new status quo will form, because people won't fight forever. Especially not in circumstances like these.

Forcing people to play PvP in an environment like this won't do a thing except maybe convince people to leave even quicker. PvP, whether in Kal or RoM, isn't about having fun, it's about how many people you can co-opt into trading wins with you and getting enough wins to stay ahead of the pack. Don't keep up with the pack, you end up getting left far behind, maybe to the point of no recovery (literally, having 0 score earns more gold per week than having 200-700 score). As twisted as it is, boosters embody the PvP scene perfectly, they've taken what whales did using players that couldn't afford good decks, and optimized the process by stripping out even more of the gameplay. Whereas the whales used to make people forfeit out of accepting the deck disparity, the boosters just decided to become both loser and winner.

I have nothing against a merge either, since I don't stand to benefit or lose anything from a merger. I just felt like pointing out that the root of the problem comes from the mindset towards the gameplay, and that isn't something that tossing communities together is going to solve, especially if the various communities all have the same problems.

If people look at boosters and decide that they can't beat them so they join them, I can't blame them for that. Personally, I've found more satisfaction just not participating in PvP because I can't find the motivation to run a monthly rat race, but I can certainly understand why people more obsessed with competing have decided to ignore the rules and just go all out. This isn't a game about having fun to them anymore, it's just a routine.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 2nd 2019

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 11:24am

and why the meta is pay to win
Just to get it out there, is it not. Neither game is "pay to win". For instance, just because you pay for cards does not mean you will, or can, win. "Pay for a better chance" more like, but neither game is pay to win, even with the silly cards that come out. I mean, you get people that did not pay anything and still manage to win against people who did. It is surprising the amount of people that do not understand that (and yes, Kaynie was one of those people if I recall).
  • Activate Facebook

Wrath

Epic

• "Wrath" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 12:10pm

Ars Regnum you speak / write like Eugene of Walking Dead. lol. and by the way This game is really a Walking dead game, no matter what we do, there are many new games that are released every day, new graphics, better systems, more fun ... This game was great in its time, and I I really do love it "like an old grandfather" lol, I believe if any company (like gamingo) makes a new version of this game with awesome graphics, improved gameplay, and using the same system and cards we love, this game would be overcrowded again. But we have to admit, it's old, its code is old and the improvements are limited to basically the same ones that exist. It's sad, but it's real. I'm with kaynie here, what they can do at least is to improve the rewards, encourage people to do pvp, try to stop the abuse of these cheaters and close the door for people who abuse the game system. I am nothing against people who do not recharge for this game, but I am against people who abuse the flaws of this game, and this is another point that makes people stop playing, even whales ... But what can we do?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Wrath" (Apr 2nd 2019, 12:19pm)

• Activate Facebook

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 12:11pm

and why the meta is pay to win
Just to get it out there, is it not. Neither game is "pay to win". For instance, just because you pay for cards does not mean you will, or can, win. "Pay for a better chance" more like, but neither game is pay to win, even with the silly cards that come out. I mean, you get people that did not pay anything and still manage to win against people who did. It is surprising the amount of people that do not understand that (and yes, Kaynie was one of those people if I recall).

Nonsense. Ofc the game is pay to win. You can win as VIP0 against whales here and there during the season, but you will never beat them constantly. You won't dominate the server winning rank 1 or post season regularly as VIP0. At least not on the real servers. 8)
  • Activate Facebook

• "Tripp1000_" is male

Date of registration: Feb 4th 2016

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 4:04pm

Nonsense. Ofc the game is pay to win. You can win as VIP0 against whales here and there during the season, but you will never beat them constantly. You won't dominate the server winning rank 1 or post season regularly as VIP0. At least not on the real servers.

Have to agree, Whales will always be on the forefront of new cards and Meta. If you want to be number 1 you will have to spend to get there. ?(

Boosting in my opinion is sad and pathetic. :thumbdown: How are you suppose to develop your skills, if you dont fight stronger opponents with better decks. :thumbup:
[System] Tripp1000_ ended Alenka's 20 win-streak!
[System] Tripp1000_ ended Kaynie's 18 win-streak!
[System] Tripp1000_ ended Marcino's 7 win-streak!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:
[System] [Tripp1000_] is Unstoppable, Winning Streak of 18!
  • Activate Facebook

Soleil

Common

• "Soleil" is male

Date of registration: Jun 6th 2018

Friday, April 5th 2019, 8:04pm

There are definitely RoM servers that are even worse off than KaL right now, on some of their servers the only traces of activity are people that show up on the only page in the ranking board, because nobody bothers with anything but trading wins.

There are certainly individual servers on RoM which are comparable to those on KaL....but keep in mind that RoM possesses three times the number of servers of that of KaL.

Considering every main server is cross merged into one of three clusters, PvP activity is not an issue. Boosting only accounts for a minor portion of the ranking board.

Though some will disagree, merging is actually the correct answer.
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Saturday, April 6th 2019, 1:24am

I'm not sure any/many would disagree at this stage. With no merge, I think the player base will drop significantly to the point there's literally no point in playing any more within maybe 12 months.

Come on Wilfried Bony
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Maxim95" is male

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Saturday, April 6th 2019, 10:16am

True! while i hate losing, not finding a match is even worse. At some days i'm really busy and don't have much time to play, so a merge would be very welcoming ;)

• Activate Facebook