You are not logged in.

• "Castalia25" is female
  • "Castalia25" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 4th 2020

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 10:18pm

Future of Kings and Legends

hey guys i really love this game as I've been playing for years and it has really great potential, i was thinking of suggesting advertising to gain more members for the future? now that rise of Mythos is no longer available you could perhaps suggest to people that used to play it to come here, i could even help out. ^^:rolleyes:

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 10:28pm

April Fools is already over, get out of here.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2019

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 10:39pm

Hero Kaynie,
I appreciate you as an intelligent and very nice person, even if sometimes blessed with a big mouth.
Please also follow the forum rules.

But to come back to the topic, what ideas do you have in mind?

Mit Konstruktivität erreicht man immer mehr als mit puren Schimpfen.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Castalia25" is female

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 10:39pm

seriously?

i was being serious -.-

• Activate Facebook

• "Castalia25" is female

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 10:46pm

Future of Kings and Legends

well i was thinking.. if you guys could go onto Facebook and create a new post, a reminder that this game is still thriving and that we would love more members and people to join, then we can encourage people to share it. since more people are in isolation the now due to covid-19 a lot of people will be looking for ways to keep busy and entertained.

• Activate Facebook

• "Ramudo" is male

Date of registration: Nov 15th 2019

Saturday, April 4th 2020, 11:16pm

April Fools is already over, get out of here.
Last time I checked, optimism helps the game more than negativity.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 1st 2019

Sunday, April 5th 2020, 8:41am

not optimism or negativity, but hard work is what helping any project. There are 2 people, one who offering to do some work and other who offering to do nothing - no problem to determine who of them wants to help.

• Activate Facebook

Moony

Good

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2019

Sunday, April 5th 2020, 11:25pm

Power creep has just progressed too far on this game, and as recent and upcoming card releases get even more OP, the game is just not friendly to new players. In fact, I would estimate that 90% or more of new accounts, are simply alts that players create to collect rewards from the Ally Banner events. And of that 10% that are actually new players. 90% of them quit within a month because it is impossible to compete without spending literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

I've enjoyed playing this game, first on RoM, then here for the past 6-1/2 years. But once the one-turn kill cards (like kazax and goblin princess, etc.) started rolling out, and whale cards that are broken but never fixed (like Amemiya), then I decided it wasn't worth spending any more, as this is the same sort of pattern that RoM followed before circling the drain.

Many, many times in the past, it has been suggested that to keep a game like this running long term, there has to be a balance, not just whales trying to outspend each other and people quit when they can no longer be competitive.

• Activate Facebook

• "Castalia25" is female

Monday, April 6th 2020, 12:22am

Power creep has just progressed too far on this game, and as recent and upcoming card releases get even more OP, the game is just not friendly to new players. In fact, I would estimate that 90% or more of new accounts, are simply alts that players create to collect rewards from the Ally Banner events. And of that 10% that are actually new players. 90% of them quit within a month because it is impossible to compete without spending literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
I've enjoyed playing this game, first on RoM, then here for the past 6-1/2 years. But once the one-turn kill cards (like kazax and goblin princess, etc.) started rolling out, and whale cards that are broken but never fixed (like Amemiya), then I decided it wasn't worth spending any more, as this is the same sort of pattern that RoM followed before circling the drain.
Many, many times in the past, it has been suggested that to keep a game like this running long term, there has to be a balance, not just whales trying to outspend each other and people quit when they can no longer be competitive.
this week was the first time i've ever spent money on this game and before that i managed to still do well and reach level 53 without spending, just gotta stay dedicated and put alot of time into it but its still possible to enjoy the game without having to spend anything.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Nov 1st 2019

Monday, April 6th 2020, 11:01am

Segregating arena and leaderboards according to some metric would help a lot, allowing more even matches instead of one-sided beatdowns. Plus the people in the less powerful brackets can get pvp rewards and be able to catch up to the bigger fishes in the pond. There might be some gaming the metric like with weight classes in sports but in general it would help new and f2p players to enjoy the game instead of quitting out of frustration.

There have been several threads with good ideas on how to improve aspects of the game already. Has there been any response from the developers, Fürsti?

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2019

Monday, April 6th 2020, 11:31am

I have received no feedback on this, Hero Yoysho.
I had nicely summarized everything in a list with solutions and plans.
It means to exercise patience. (Once again)

Mit Konstruktivität erreicht man immer mehr als mit puren Schimpfen.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Castalia25" is female

Saturday, May 23rd 2020, 2:49pm

merge server 16 to 11-12

i find it unfair as i have a lot of good cards on my other account but that server is dead and inactive, wouldn't it be a good idea to just merge all the servers so that nobody is left out?

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 29th 2019

Saturday, May 23rd 2020, 5:15pm

i find it unfair as i have a lot of good cards on my other account but that server is dead and inactive, wouldn't it be a good idea to just merge all the servers so that nobody is left out?
+1000
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Saturday, May 23rd 2020, 5:32pm

i think they've made it clear they want 1-15 to die slowly.

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 14th 2019

Saturday, May 23rd 2020, 5:33pm

+1 for sure Castalia, problem tho would be rebalancing pvp.

Cuz it would be so crowded and competitive that the minor whales (dolphins) and f2p would never get their pvp rank up enough to get some rewards (for those who care about this).

So if that were to happen, which I hope it does, they would need to create different tiers of arena.
Something like: Vip 8,9,10 on one "cluster" of pvp.
Vip 4 to 7 on another.
Vip 1 to 3 on another.
Free to play on another.

Something like this imo.

• Activate Facebook

• "taramas" is male

Date of registration: Jun 25th 2019

Saturday, May 23rd 2020, 9:51pm

Cuz it would be so crowded and competitive that the minor whales (dolphins) and f2p would never get their pvp rank up enough to get some rewards (for those who care about this).
So if that were to happen, which I hope it does, they would need to create different tiers of arena.
Vip 4 to 7 on another.
Vip 1 to 3 on another.
Free to play on another.
Something like this imo.

+1
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 28th 2020

Sunday, May 24th 2020, 8:04am

Vip 4 to 7 on another.
Vip 1 to 3 on another.
Free to play on another.

Something like this imo.

Thee will be huge problem in this for new players.
I mean suppose new player join purchase some gold worth vip 6 or 7 ... so he will join the vip 4 to 7 cluster but he will not be having the cards and upgrades like old players
so he will fall behind and eventually feels frustrated and quits the game
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Nov 29th 2019

Monday, May 25th 2020, 5:11am

Actually, not really. It's pretty much the opposite. Someone who recharge gold more recently has more recent cards so better cards.

Vip 4 to 7 on another.
Vip 1 to 3 on another.
Free to play on another.

Something like this imo.

I mean suppose new player join purchase some gold worth vip 6 or 7 ... so he will join the vip 4 to 7 cluster but he will not be having the cards and upgrades like old players
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 28th 2020

Monday, May 25th 2020, 12:59pm

Actually, not really. It's pretty much the opposite. Someone who recharge gold more recently has more recent cards so better cards.

Vip 4 to 7 on another.
Vip 1 to 3 on another.
Free to play on another.

Something like this imo.

Not necessarily ... Can you give me 1 card from last month which can trump likes of Tamsy , Gob Princess etc...
  • Activate Facebook

Rakoom

Common

Date of registration: May 21st 2020

Wednesday, May 27th 2020, 3:30pm

As a heads up... I played in ROM basically since the beginning. I did not know that K&L existed (or more to the point, that it is basically the same thing as ROM, with a different name). Had i known, I would have been here a year ago, instead of randomly finding it during lockdown. Some type of advertising or reaching out to former ROM players may be good. Not sure how to do it though. There were a few facebook pages devoted to it or groups or guilds, etc.

Captain is right... pay to play can catch up and be competitive quickly. F2p is very hard when everyone else has so much, but F2p doesn't fuel the game or keep it going. My thought would be to add something to the daily quests like "league", make it free and rotate the list of cards involved so everyone has the same set of cards to build a deck. Perhaps a draft match (see clash of clans). Not sure, but some type of even playing field for a match or two per day in pvp (accessible -- i.e. no tickets or gold necessary) could attract new players to stay and even get them to spend a few dollars. small transactions add up.
  • Activate Facebook