You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaynie

Legendary

• "Kaynie" started this thread

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 3:06pm

RoM shuts down in May. One time opportunity to repopulate KaL

Hey,

most probably have read it already, Rise of Mythos is closing down. This is a huge opportunity to repopulate our starving playerbase. While most RoM players probably still enjoy the Game, its still very unlikely they want to restart from 0. Thats why I think it would be great to offer them a huge bonus to motivate them to start here. My suggestion would be this:

Only for Accounts registered on April 28th or later on Server 1-15 or 16 (they should merge soon and for s17 it would maybe be too much).

Recharge 10000g and get the following rewards:

- 5 Tarots of choice
- 5 Vice & Virtues of choice
- 5 Fire Rubys
- 2 Black Opals
- 25M Silver

This might seem a lot but considering that those players are just about to lose everything and since this could help to repopulate our game a lot, I think it would be good to be generous for now. The players would get a solid base to build a deck and start playing here. They would still miss a lot of key cards which they would have to gather over time that will also encourage them to keep spending after this initial offer + they will have to do a lot of grinding to get reps, gear ect up to date aswell.

On top of this I would also suggest a daily login event that contains all the new Event packs. This would help new players to fill gaps in their decks and old players, which are unhappy about the removal of the rubies option.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaynie" (Apr 28th 2019, 4:33pm)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Gunny_Walker (29.04.2019)

• "Gunny_Walker" is male

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 4:26pm

+1 for this idea this would bring a nice player base if implemented

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 4:29pm

agreed ^^

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

• "Nagaroth" is male

Date of registration: Nov 1st 2017

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 5:15pm

Is it hoax or true? Why RoM is shutdown, what is the problem of that game? I heard RoM is better then Kal especialy number of player!

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 5:50pm

its true

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 24th 2016

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 6:15pm

seems reasonable imo maybe offer a smaller option as well with less big stuff like a 5k recharge option for maybe half of it or 2k option for a 5th of it for smaller whales and make it cumulative so if u get the biggest option u dont get the smaller ones as well

• Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 6:57pm

and you know, ones for those that never recharged

Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Wrath

Epic

• "Wrath" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 9:12pm

And what you will think will happen here?....Rom have/had 4x more players than here and will close...so you will think this game will continue?

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

• "Kaynie" started this thread

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 9:29pm

And what you will think will happen here?....Rom have/had 4x more players than here and will close...so you will think this game will continue?

not really comparable. Changyou has a completly different strategie then Gamigo. Changyou is a chinese publisher, which are known for throwing games away when they have the opportunity to host more profitable titles. Gamigo is a german publisher which is currently acquiring plenty of different titles and platforms to increase their portfolio, even if they aren't profitable. RoM has been abandoned for a while already (e. g. gmail address for support instead of an official ticketing system). Actually not surprised they shut down before KaL, but hey, its the better game right?

Also the RoM playerbase looks bigger then it really is. Plenty of players holding tons of Accounts (20+) to cheese FZ/AH. But yeah, KaL will also die at some point, but it will outlast RoM atleast and if they play their cards right and grab a chunk of the RoM playerbase they can extend its durability even more.
  • Activate Facebook

Soleil

Common

• "Soleil" is male

Date of registration: Jun 6th 2018

Sunday, April 28th 2019, 10:31pm

Best of luck and hope Demadrend acquiesces to those terms

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Monday, April 29th 2019, 2:24am

not really comparable. Changyou has a completly different strategie then Gamigo. Changyou is a chinese publisher, which are known for throwing games away when they have the opportunity to host more profitable titles. Gamigo is a german publisher which is currently acquiring plenty of different titles and platforms to increase their portfolio, even if they aren't profitable. RoM has been abandoned for a while already (e. g. gmail address for support instead of an official ticketing system). Actually not surprised they shut down before KaL, but hey, its the better game right?

Also the RoM playerbase looks bigger then it really is. Plenty of players holding tons of Accounts (20+) to cheese FZ/AH. But yeah, KaL will also die at some point, but it will outlast RoM atleast and if they play their cards right and grab a chunk of the RoM playerbase they can extend its durability even more.
It's comparable, not because of company differences, but because fundamentally RoM and KaL are both bad decisions for game publishers. Both games are antiquated, work off of antiquated models, and suffer from the same problems. From a stockholder perspective, a company that sinks money trying to keep a failing game alive is not a good look on the portfolio - it just looks like a waste of money. Is it fair to compare Gamigo to publishers like Activision? No, but stockholders don't care about fairness.

The fundamental game engine is flawed, and we're not even touching how Flash is going to be sunsetted. The model of microtransactions is antiquated. The engagement level is approaching a death spiral, and ultimately as far as gacha games go, this game doesn't come close to showing up on rankings. It has a niche audience, but this isn't anywhere comparable to Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, and all the other f2p gacha games that have swamped the market. It shouldn't be hard to acknowledge this as a fact, and realize that the game being taken off of life support is just a matter of time.

This game has no "durability" (you probably meant longevity). It is dependent on having whales chase after cards in order to sustain operation. In other gacha games this is balanced by a constant stream of content. KaL and RoM can't sustain anything similar. Other games have patch notes that add fundamental changes to the game, and some games update on a weekly basis. KaL and RoM can't afford to do that.

So you have people who are die hards that stick around despite the game fundamentally remaining unchanged for years, those people aren't likely to migrate no matter what incentive you give them, they can see the writing on the wall. They've put up with deluding themselves with their addiction for long enough to know that even if they migrate, ultimately the game doesn't change. It's the same cycle with the same skin, just different names.
  • Activate Facebook

MENJUVE

Common

Date of registration: Dec 5th 2016

Monday, April 29th 2019, 3:30pm

+100

• Activate Facebook

• "bobeck" is male

Date of registration: Mar 18th 2016

Monday, April 29th 2019, 7:53pm

I hope that one of the kal-team read this post and use this golden opportunity
this game requires new players for sure

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2017

Monday, April 29th 2019, 9:22pm

I completely agree with giving them rewards but the rewards Kaynie offered in the beginning of this thread are insane.
Rewards like that would be completely unfair to people who have been playing this game for a long time and have been working hard to get a deck not even to as good as decks which could be made with those cards.
- 5 Tarots of choice
- 5 Fire Rubys
- 2 Black Opals
- 25M Silver

Honestly if such amazing rewards were given to new members, I would just trash my account and take those rewards. Could virtually get 3 mods, patience, lust, mercy, wheel (way too OP).

By all means give them rewards to help them start off, but thats too much.
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Epic

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Monday, April 29th 2019, 9:41pm

10000 gold is a lot of real life money, and considering they are starting at level 1, I don't think it's that insane at all. especially considering the idea is to repopulate the game, if an offer like that helps the population I think it's a good idea... Very unlikely to happen though, I think they are happy just to let the game die a slow death.

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Unscathed" is male

Monday, April 29th 2019, 10:59pm

I completely agree with giving them rewards but the rewards Kaynie offered in the beginning of this thread are insane.
Rewards like that would be completely unfair to people who have been playing this game for a long time and have been working hard to get a deck not even to as good as decks which could be made with those cards.
- 5 Tarots of choice
- 5 Fire Rubys
- 2 Black Opals
- 25M Silver

Honestly if such amazing rewards were given to new members, I would just trash my account and take those rewards. Could virtually get 3 mods, patience, lust, mercy, wheel (way too OP).

By all means give them rewards to help them start off, but thats too much.

no as kaynie said they would have to recharge 10k gold - which im pretty sure you wouldnt.

these rewards are totally fair as they have lost everything they have been building up for 5+ years
Bring back iArches...
Demadrend is useless...
Focust
Namii
  • Activate Facebook

Kaliko

Common

Date of registration: Apr 30th 2019

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 12:12am

Don't matter to me, still coming here either way.
Btw where do i go to report that i didnt get first purchase rewards?

• Activate Facebook

• "Gunny_Walker" is male

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 1:52am

I would either message para / dema more than likely you would email support though

• Activate Facebook

Zidane

Game Master

Date of registration: Jul 3rd 2017

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 5:11am

Hello players,

We have adopted player bases before, and may be able to provide some help this time as well. (Further detail forthcoming)

• Activate Facebook

Zenibal

Common

Date of registration: Apr 30th 2019

Tuesday, April 30th 2019, 11:41am

What are our chances at getting a new server for all the people looking to transfer over? Have a few of my friends wondering.
  • Activate Facebook