You are not logged in.

[Criticism] S17 broken

• "Gunny_Walker" is male
  • "Gunny_Walker" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Thursday, April 25th 2019, 6:20am

Can we get this game fixed?

I mean we have no staff on forums to ever update anything!!!!

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2019

Thursday, April 25th 2019, 11:58am

Can we get this game fixed?

I mean we have no staff on forums to ever update anything!!!!
There's actually a chance that the server admins have no clue that S16/17 were ever down to begin with, because the way the problem works it that part of the client to server response is acknowledged (so people can log in), but specific functions from client to server don't ever establish a connection (so people can't do access certain functions). So from the admins' perspective the game works perfectly fine, because people are logged in, they're just idling for no apparent reason.

When we reported the problem on RoM we at least had Soleil who could confirm that something was wrong because his server also got hit. But far as I know admins don't even play on S16/S17.

Might explain why they think S16/17 had the full time given for the Easter Event and there's no reply lol. But then again other people presumably from other servers are saying that they didn't even get full rewards so....yeah.

And yeah I've mentioned it before but I'm pretty certain (and I think Soleil brought it up too) that this has to do with Flash, which is already very buggy when it comes to KaL and RoM's base code - as evidenced by certain cards literally causing client disconnects (This happens on RoM with Sedima, and we've previously had issues with The Magician too I think.) Flash isn't going to get further patches....and a lot of browsers are actually just giving up on supporting it altogether.

So the problem won't get any better unless they miraculously make a new game that isn't based on Flash. (Good luck getting them to migrate data if they do that though)
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook