You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ChameraDreams" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Saturday, December 26th 2015, 10:09am

Deck Building 101

You finally got Bael, sniped that Danika in the auction house, threw all 30 of those OP things in your deck... so why aren't you winning?

Well you can look at my Theme Decks post for some advanced thoughts but first you need some very core concept card game basics.

"I never have my power card ready when I need it" - this could be a symptom of many things, the first and most easiest is that you are running a 30 card deck with nothing to help you draw. Cheapest solution is getting a Unicorn Tempest, it's a crap blocker that replaces itself in your hand and maybe draws a second extra card. There are many skills that help you draw. You can also try Thoth or Pom-Pom to reshuffle if you don't have a use for what is in your hand. My crazy off the wall way is using Harlequin and Resurrect to draw cards. If you don't want to add these, maybe try cutting down your deck to more essentials and do 15-20 cards.

The second problem is that those big powerful cards sometimes have big painful cooldowns and worse if you can't play it when it's ready you have to wait half it again. Not all of us can be awesome priests with Inspire or Zeal(only if you typically have a full hand) so what can you do? The popular choice is Pan, but he dies easy and runs headlong into death, the new wither saddle even kills him before he can hit the table. There are many good inspire creatures like Dante Quicksong, Judge Lenaya or Lettice Twinstrike, druids and feles casters. My personal favorite is Skystone Nid(surprise! Also good to note is Runes count as a skill use triggering Nid and Pan).

"It's too late, I can't play anything!" - Board control is a powerful thing, if you fill their spawn, they can't play unless they get a skill to kill. If distracts land well they can't get out their power cards. There are many lose conditions, you need to keep them in mind and have counters for them in almost EVERY deck. You can run a high cooldown powerdeck but keep a couple low cooldown defenses(Smasha Rulk is a crowd favorite) and a damage spell.

"It's all gone, I'm done" Especially with Devil in the game you have to have some recycle(Nuwu, High Priestess, Judge Aleks, Resurrect, Djinn, Meditate, Ghast the Defiler, Klaus...) but even for just normal games like against the skill happy mages it is quite possible use every card in your deck and not be finished, especially 2v2. Have a way to extend the game and get your more powerful stuff back is better then having just more powerful stuff.

"I hit hard once but then it just dies" Easiest noob mistake, thinking attack power is most important. It helps but you know what helps more? Actually having things on the field. Sustain can easily win the game more then one hit wonders. Want to frustrate a mage? Put out several things that can withstand an Armageddon. There is a reason Velyn, despite being weak as all hell, is nearly a staple in every deck, same with Smasha Rulk. Also have multiple types of sustain: armor/resist/reflect, nimble, anti-negative effect, martyr, skeleton, high hp, 5+ cooldown... every class has a weakness or two they have trouble with.

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

b4roqu3 (28.12.2015)