You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Sep 8th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 12:03am

please, what am I wrong with the second event?

if you mean 2x space bar .. so it's already very strict. :S :S

AvadaKedavra
Iam Blind all ok :DD
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Diligence" is male

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 12:57am

honestly I took extra 5 to 10 mins making sure of my spelling and everything maybe if ppl read stuff and did not rush u would not lose points ( I know unpopular opinion but they are actually following their set rules for once so i have to applaud them for not changing them) It was clearly posted on the google doc that spelling mattered

which honestly is where it should be posted because it is the place where you are spelling the words in the first place
Well I didn't spell 'Sarya' wrong, I just forgot to add 'Princess' to this, and by this logic shouldn't those who put just 'Princess Sarya' also fail? Since Awakened has separate arts?

I just think it's rather ridiculous that so many people have been punished for an added letter, or forgetting 'The' in Maia or my case 'Princess' in Sarya. Fair enough, it is not the cards full name, but you still know exactly what card they are referring to.

It should of been stated on the forum post, not just the google link. It wasn't even that clear there, because it was in smaller print and just plain. I loaded this up on my phone, and it didn't show the writing properly for me.
'Death once asked Life, ''Why does everyone love you but hates me?'', to which Life replied ''That is because you're the cruel truth, and I'm a beautiful lie''.'
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 25th 2016

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 1:49am

honestly I took extra 5 to 10 mins making sure of my spelling and everything maybe if ppl read stuff and did not rush u would not lose points ( I know unpopular opinion but they are actually following their set rules for once so i have to applaud them for not changing them) It was clearly posted on the google doc that spelling mattered

which honestly is where it should be posted because it is the place where you are spelling the words in the first place
Well I didn't spell 'Sarya' wrong, I just forgot to add 'Princess' to this, and by this logic shouldn't those who put just 'Princess Sarya' also fail? Since Awakened has separate arts?

Um,no. Both cards are called Princess Sarya.

Welcome to the real world kids. In the real world, if you don't follow the rules or read the fine print your submissions get disqualified and no matter how much you whine, you can't resubmit the quote/ bid / whatever.

If my company bids a contract and fails to adhere to the guidelines, we lose the contract if our submission is incorrect. No matter if it is such a small thing of spelling or placing a 0 where there shouldn't be one.

Read the rules and submit as required. If I had spelt a word wrong, I would have been disappointed in nobody but myself, but in no way would I have argued that the folks who posted the event were wrong when the rules of submission were clearly stated.

-Focust
  • Activate Facebook

Lucid

Rare

• "Lucid" is male

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:11am

Clearly you didn't read my post before commenting?

I didn't spell anything incorrect. I also didn't ask for them to give me the point because I missed off 'Princess'. I was just stating it was unfair because it wasn't shown properly.

Also, yes both Awakened and god/leg versions are just called 'Princess Sarya'. However, it is ONLY the Awaken version of Sarya which was shown in the image. So I was curious, by the logic of spelling a card wrong and getting it wrong, would people get it wrong for not stating which version of the card it is to be shown? Since if you said just normal 'Princess Sarya' you'd actually be incorrect, since it's her awakened form.

'Death once asked Life, ''Why does everyone love you but hates me?'', to which Life replied ''That is because you're the cruel truth, and I'm a beautiful lie''.'
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:20am

I didn't spell anything incorrect. I also didn't ask for them to give me the point because I missed off 'Princess'. I was just stating it was unfair because it wasn't shown properly.

How was it not shown properly? Because a rule was stated on the Google Submission Page and not on the main event page? Again, just because you loaded it up on your phone doesn't mean you can ignore the rules of submission.

-Focust
  • Activate Facebook

Lucid

Rare

• "Lucid" is male

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:27am

How am I ignoring the rules of submission? You're clearly not reading what I'm writing.

I was just stating that it is unfair how a lot of people didn't get the points because of slight issues. This statement in which I am entitled to give because I have the right to.

My mistake was a lot worse than those who accidentally add an extract character or so forth. I forgot to add a whole word, yes my bad. However, it made me curious if that these slight mistakes causes you to miss out, if you should also have to state the version of 'Princess Sarya' because she technically has two art forms.

I can still easily get max points, I'm just stating that it is unfair how a lot of others who added an extra 's' or even put 'Perfect' instead of 'Prefect' were punished, because you clearly still know which card they're referring to. The guy who was first to comment on this thread due to disappointment was also probably one of the many to do this event. He put a lot of time into giving everyone the answers, just to be punished by simple spelling errors.

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:43am

How am I ignoring the rules of submission?

I was just stating that it is unfair how a lot of people didn't get the points because of slight issues.

These two point contradict one another. You cannot have a stance that is it unfair how folks aren't getting their points because of slight issues without ignoring the rules of submission.

Regardless, you have to be aware of how the folks who run the event tally up the results - it would be run through a program that checks for the value and states if it is wrong or right. If an inputed value is wrong, despite it being off by only one character, it will be noted as wrong. If you feel that the folks should review each and every answer to see if someone missed a piece of text, perhaps you would also be willing to pay for the time it takes to do that?

Again, you and the folks who did not spell a word correctly are wrong. Your argument over whether it should be "Awakened Princess Sarya" or not is wrong. You are arguing to get points when you should not receive any based upon the stipulations and rules set out in the event.

-Focust
  • Activate Facebook

• "GonnaMakeUQuit" is male

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 5:48am

kind of feel bad for you guys cause all i did was copy and paste and spaced as needed lmao

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 10:25am

This is really good lesson. For those who think one missing character is not big deal and disqualifying is unfair imagine this hypothetical scenario:
You are business representative of a company and you negotiate deal with other company. Your negotiation is succesfull and both parties agree about services for price $1000000. Of course, you write contract which both parties sign. But you do mistake and instead of $1000000 you write $100000. You don´t notice your mistake and sign. And now you recieve ten time less for your services and that is only because of one missing character. Who is to blame?
Be glad that you learn your lesson easy way when it is not important.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 11:09am

This is really good lesson. For those who think one missing character is not big deal and disqualifying is unfair imagine this hypothetical scenario:
You are business representative of a company and you negotiate deal with other company. Your negotiation is succesfull and both parties agree about services for price $1000000. Of course, you write contract which both parties sign. But you do mistake and instead of $1000000 you write $100000. You don´t notice your mistake and sign. And now you recieve ten time less for your services and that is only because of one missing character. Who is to blame?
Be glad that you learn your lesson easy way when it is not important.

You are to blame if you think this comparison is relavant!
Honestly how can you compare free event in game to an life-changing decision where thousands or hundreds of thousadnds of $ are involved.
Just can't be compared.

No offense tho,mean it in good manners.

----->S e r v e r 1 7 - C o l l e c t i v e s<-----
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 11:28am

The mistake is exactly the same. Just impact of said mistake on your life is different. Hence my last sentence in previous post. Just accept it and learn from it, it could be very usefull when that kind of mistake would actually matter...

• Activate Facebook

Kami

Game Master

• "Kami" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 23rd 2016

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 11:36am

Rules are rules, there will be no modification or anything else.

A lot of players understand and some get frustration about little mistake, but mistakes are what they are and that's the reason why you don't have 30 pts. It's not an "unfair case" or whatever, we followed the rules that we made and we are hoping that it will be a good lesson for every player who fill it too fast or without paying attention enough.

There already have a bonus event who can gives you 10 or 30 bonus points. We thought it was THE good idea to make sure that some players who made mistake, because they didn't fill as they should the Google form, got a last chance to reach 120 points. If we really doesn't want to give you this chance, we would not prepare this last Lucky Event 5.

I think we can close this debate and be more focus on what will be next !

(Hope you will understand me even if I have an academic english level :S )

Have a nice day!

Kami.

Kami
Game Master / Moderator - French version
Homepage (FR) | Support (FR) | Facebook (FR) | Rules KAL (FR)
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 11:44am

Rules are rules, there will be no modification or anything else.

A lot of players understand and some get frustration about little mistake, but mistakes are what they are and that's the reason why you don't have 30 pts. It's not an "unfair case" or whatever, we followed the rules that we made and we are hoping that it will be a good lesson for every player who fill it too fast or without paying attention enough.

There already have a bonus event who can gives you 10 or 30 bonus points. We thought it was THE good idea to make sure that some players who made mistake, because they didn't fill as they should the Google form, got a last chance to reach 120 points. If we really doesn't want to give you this chance, we would not prepare this last Lucky Event 5.

I think we can close this debate and be more focus on what will be next !

(Hope you will understand me even if I have an academic english level :S )

Have a nice day!

Kami.

If you read my post on other thread,you will get it,tnx for event,rules are rules,i've(we) made mistakes. BUT please make sure in future all rules are clear and upfront event,on one place. Tnx:)

• Activate Facebook

Kami

Game Master

• "Kami" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 23rd 2016

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 11:51am

We will do our best for that, sorry that we didn't pay attention enough to the formatting of the topic of Demadrend. English is not our native language so it's sometimes a bit hard to manage something big like this and understand everything haha.

We didn't expect at first that we had to manage this event and Demadrend only ask us to post it at time !

But anyway, we learned from that and I guess you too, we have a good contact with this community and we thank you very much for your welcome, your message with a lot of kindness and your understanding, everyday :)

Kami.

Kami
Game Master / Moderator - French version
Homepage (FR) | Support (FR) | Facebook (FR) | Rules KAL (FR)
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jul 8th 2018

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 3:11pm

honestly, i would like to thank you Kami for running this event for us. forums and game have been rather 'meh' recently but you have ran the forum event well and kept us informed.

ignore people who are complaining as you are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 24th 2016

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 3:23pm

I completely agree with Unscathed :thumbsup:

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 3:37pm

honestly, i would like to thank you Kami for running this event for us. forums and game have been rather 'meh' recently but you have ran the forum event well and kept us informed.

ignore people who are complaining as you are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

My annoyed state and discussion does not mean i do not support Kami's work and how much they did in shor time being here.
I praised them before,and i still praise them:)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 5:49pm

i see many post u replied

but u guys did make a mistake please check it out in your list of event 2

blacklight 0 false get 9/ 20
blitzer 1 false get 10/30

so u guys clearly make a mistake here please fix this other wise i cant make 120 points.

Correction done !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kami" (Aug 29th 2018, 5:54pm)

• Activate Facebook

Namii

Common

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2018

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 6:29pm

Yes, what he said. It's really been a lot of fun. :)

Thank you!
  • Activate Facebook

spencer

Common

Date of registration: Jul 25th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:30pm

I agree, this event has been fun but the rules were a bit too strict

• Activate Facebook