You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaynie

Legendary

• "Kaynie" started this thread

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 7:33pm

Valentines Event

Hello,

any info about the delay in the Event? Is Demadrend unavailable?

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2017

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 7:26am

haha did you really expect it to happen as sceduled?:D

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

• "Kaynie" started this thread

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 4:56pm

If a deadline is given, I would expect it to be hold. Some people probably put quite some time and effort into their creations and I think an simple apology/short explaination would be the least they deserve. Shows how much they value the community tho.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2017

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 5:18pm

To me it feels like some of staff got fed up of this game/their duties,but are unwilling to give away their position.Very bad for community.
Personally,i've put around 2h into my creation. I can understand 1 day of delay,but already 3 day delay with event not being so huge or complicated,i think it's too much.
Some people take their responsibilites and duties for granted,even if its such a small amount of work to actually be done. Not to mention how they simply ignore all threads that they dont like,altho questions are pointed towards them. But thats subject for another occasion.
Unbelievable.

• Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 7:52pm

Lucky me. I didnt do it. Saw it coming :D

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:45pm

I believed Demadrend or Kami would be picking the winners but I will decide (with Zidane) and announce the winners in a few hours and make sure Demadrend gets the spreadsheet of entries before tomorrow. Apologies for the delay and misunderstanding.

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Lantus

Common

• "Lantus" is male

Date of registration: Oct 7th 2016

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 7:46am

Tanwen win on server 5 cluster? Is this for real?
This is better than Eurosong :D :D :D

[img]http://forum.kingsandlegends.com/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1812&h=b2e6e217b37b0af04c1794bedefd5575d6edfaa0[/img]
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 7:59am

Ability: ''Receive one random skill cards everyday.'' everyday? dafuq? 8|

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2016

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 9:54am

This was a funny and positive event, that called out the creativity and humor of the players. I enjoyed creating a card and I also enjoyed seeing other players creations. Too bad this response from the players was'nt appreciated by GMs/Moderators.

After you delayed the conclusion af the event for several days without any explanation to the players, I think most of that positive feeling has gone.

Too bad that you missed this opportunity to create some goodwill around the game.

• Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 11:44am

This event its really a joke,I painted a card, made it in legend, godlike and awakaned version using the rules of this game and you ###### chose cards made with the paint?????????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Really thats a joke... OR you take 7 days to chose cards random, because i dont see any criteria or wise desicion chosing cards. Im talking about s17, theres at least 3 or 4 cards made much better than the ones you chose...Ppl that takes time of is life working to make nice cards, with nice abilities... really i dont understand you... :thumbdown:

Im my opinion its better you dont make events like this at all, if at the end you will mock in the face of people. I dont even really be mad if i saw that you chose some other well made cards, or cards with middle grafical work by a really nice abilities. But you dont even did that... Whatever... Dont even waste my time more.

And ps: dont delete my post, because he is not breaking none of the rules of the forum. Like i say before i congratulate when you do good events, same as i disagree when you do very bad ones.... And you converted one great ideia for a event into one of worst i ever saw. :cursing:

Next time i will make a Batman with some chicken wings, made with paint and maybe you chose me... lol

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” J.R.R. Tolkien

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "Walthamir" (Feb 23rd 2018, 12:39pm)

• Activate Facebook

3 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Lantus (23.02.2018), ARMADA (23.02.2018), uiuiu2 (23.02.2018)

Help.

Rare

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2017

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 1:14pm

Gamerage is real! :whistling:

[System] Tripp1000_ ate CrypticTempest's steak!
  • Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 5:51pm

Or dont participate :D

• Activate Facebook

ARMADA

Common

Date of registration: Jan 5th 2018

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 6:16pm

Valentines event 2018

I agree with Walthamir, and he did realy awesom card like pro and he didn't get propertly reward? Is this kindergarten or serious posts on forum?

I put my personal hand draw paineted tradicional artwork... This is original, not stealing of someone's picture, copy&paste, litlle photoshop, and voila!

Next time i will not participated.

PS/ Some players did crazy briliant humor cards like LOLuDied, KingBast, ThomasDude... thank you!

Grats to all winners and participants
ARMADA has attached the following image:
  • Screenshot_5553.jpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ARMADA" (Feb 23rd 2018, 6:34pm)

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Walthamir (23.02.2018)

Goatly

Common

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2018

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 6:51pm

I agree with Walthamir, and he did realy awesom card like pro and he didn't get propertly reward? Is this kindergarten or serious posts on forum?

Yeah, somewhat shame but if the cards' descriptions are the thing that helped them to win, I will accept that, they did have some good desripctions in them (after all, I guess they judged both art and card's description).

I can see also in one point that not every well made (and the same guys who do these) cards can win. I did leave some shadowing undone in mine and I was a little upset about it but overall I think I did somewhat good work in it.

Unfortunately I did post my created card twice too, which might have or not affected to it winner selection (somehow I didn't see my first message when I posted it and right now I can see it.. weird).

Nonethless, congrats for the winners and thanks to the guys, who made those nice cards (mostly humoristic) that I saw in this participation.

Hopefully we get one in Easter too. :kitty:
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2017

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 8:50pm

When taking part in this event, it didn't say the best card designs win? The winners are randomly selected from the people who took part. I didn't put as much effort into this event as others, but even if I did, I wouldn't be as butt hurt about it as some of you guys are.

You got a reward for taking part, it's not like you got nothing. In the chest you was given, you could get a fire ruby, that is better than the card you probably chose (if you was lucky enough to get one).

Walthamir I do not agree with you about ''In future do not make these events'' others enjoy them, and they give people a chance of getting stuff. Just because you didn't win, deal with it. Put your dummy back in and stop ruining things for other people, this negative attitude is most likely why events don't come out so often, because when they do, you and others just pick fault at them and moan.

• Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 8:59pm

Diligence did you read all i wrote? are you serious about the winners? If winning in this event are random next time i will made a chuck norris in pants by copy paste. I lost half a day making that card. and i belive more people put serious efforts making their cards, and theres some awesome cards there that deserve more to win,but no, some RANDOM PPL WIN? in my work im rewarded when i do a great job or put some effort in that. So don't come here with crap talking about some kind of moralist talk... You will never understand...

ps. what i say its that i totally understand that other great works win this, not even talking about wanna win this... but did you think the bests cards wins? that was just random....and that's it. very discourages for someone make good stuff next time they thinking in make some other random winner event. "if they will make"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” J.R.R. Tolkien

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Walthamir" (Feb 23rd 2018, 9:20pm)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2016

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 10:38pm

The winners were clearly not chosen randomly, except for the last two (where it says random). All of the other winners have used the Valentine theme, so obviously that has been a criteria for picking them.
The only winner, that didn't use the Valentine theme is the Awakened Modesty, which I think was chosen for its humor and originality in the abilities and texts.

Personally I think that the Awakened Modesty was the winner that deserved it most, and I wish that they had given humor and originality a higher priority instead of just rewarding those who used the Valentine theme.

I understand that some players wished that they had given a higher priority to the art work in the picture.

I guess it is hard to find some criteria, that everyone can agree on.

But what I find most disappointing is the carelessness and negligence displayed by the GMs in this event - with the delay and lack of communication.
I imagined that the GMs would discuss with each other what cards were the best and deserved the rewards. Haha ! :D :P
Obviously the situation was quite the opposite. They had not even decided who should pick the winners. It was just a boring job, that one of them had to do. And in the end it was like: "Ok, if no one else care about picking some winners, then I guess I have to."

With an attitude like that it is no wonder, that the player base is getting still smaller.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 12:14am

The fact that it's a randomly selected winner, it's your own fault for wasting half your day. You did a very nice job on your card, I kind of liked it.

But no, I don't think the BEST or BETTER cards where chosen, but it was randomly selected. I'm guessing it makes it less bias or something that way.

But my advise for you Walthamir, unless events like this say the best wins, just do enough effort to take part, because if it's random, you could do the best or worst card and still win or lose.

Maybe we should of had a player base vote? For our S13-S15 ones, I rather liked Riversharp's card and I think he deserved to win.

• Activate Facebook

Dax

Common

Date of registration: Mar 18th 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 12:42am

Yeah, I won't waste my time on events like this anymore.
It's a shame.

• Activate Facebook

Zidane

Game Master

Date of registration: Jul 3rd 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 12:49am

I believed Demadrend or Kami would be picking the winners but I will decide (with Zidane) and announce the winners in a few hours and make sure Demadrend gets the spreadsheet of entries before tomorrow. Apologies for the delay and misunderstanding.

Quite frankly players, we were as surprised as you that Kami's event was chosen for our language (Para had one on the table). With that in mind, we were waiting for Kami to judge their contest. When we finally got into contact with Kami, we then chose our winners...
  • Activate Facebook