You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Soviet" is male
  • "Soviet" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 30th 2017

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 8:26pm

Retributor Dominica as an 8CD card?

Even with wyrm skin this both tanks and hit less than an Adamantium, so I cant see it as a tank worthy of waiting 8 turns to play.

Bodyguard looks nice for the low hp players that cant face stomp quil decks purely because they just tank the damage and get a free win. But that being said its 8 turns which is too late for quins, and far too late for any type of lumi/assassinate card that may hit your hero for 70+ damage. So when it comes to protecting the player is is a very, very very, bad take on Carella who mind you will not only stop the quill rush from killing the summoner, it will passively kill the quills.

The majesty is her unique selling point, at lease in S17 where people are theory crafting that distract decks would dominate but then compare this to ferena drake who has the same passive but is on a 5CD max while offering an arguably just as strong passive.

Unless this cards CD gets patched to 4 I cant see why a dead card is being released and at the second highest price tag possible. Unless someone has a better idea of what the strong point for this card or balance logic was?
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 8:32pm

you play since yesterday? 9 out of 10 cards they release are dead cards. thats nothing new.

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 12:03am

Takes all damage, reduces it to 3 and has Shield Ward (which Carella does not). Oh and Draconic Majestic which reduces the very CD you are making the main issue of this optional dead card. Perhaps I read it wrong though, can't find my glasses.

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 12:26am

wyrm skin probably looks better then it is, 90 % sure, that the damage taken via bodyguard wont be reduced. It will only trigger on damage the card takes itself.

• Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 12:31am

not worth 150$

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dragon" (Feb 1st 2018, 12:57am)

• Activate Facebook

• "Diligence" is male

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2017

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 2:12am

Carella reflects damage for summoner (if below half) and awaken has complete defence which allows it to reduce down to 3... So yeah

'Death once asked Life, ''Why does everyone love you but hates me?'', to which Life replied ''That is because you're the cruel truth, and I'm a beautiful lie''.'
  • Activate Facebook

• "Soviet" is male
  • "Soviet" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 30th 2017

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 10:27am

Takes all damage, reduces it to 3 and has Shield Ward (which Carella does not). Oh and Draconic Majestic which reduces the very CD you are making the main issue of this optional dead card. Perhaps I read it wrong though, can't find my glasses.
Unless I misunderstand it does not reduce damage to 3, it reduces damage by 3 (I'm assuming its just got Armor 3, resist 3 coded in). which in most cases is even better but a mage crit lightning tempest for 34 damage and last I checked mages tend to crit over 60% of the time, at least the top 40 or so on the newest server, at non crit that would leave this 8 turn bodyguard at 4 hp, though personally id be happy it ate the spell heh. but just look at any post season deck list and tell me how many 8 turn cards you can find. and the limited amount of 7/8 turn cards that a present, i believe you will only find 3, 2 of which are based around priests and are ironically why the priest is the 3rd strongest class in pvp.

But the biggest reason I have an issue with 8 turn CD is exactly the same as when i first played this game on ROM during the months of its first release. All of the kings were entirely useless in pvp as an 8 turn card, even with majesty, once played (will typically be on turn 10+) will be instantly returned to hand with disinformation or sniped by a spell.

With the average hand being 3 turn summons it means it will be turn 8 when the 4th card is played, yes there are exceptions such as the last 2 event cards that summon more cards themselves. but the point is this card is there to protect the summoner from an early death, that protection is not required if you already occupy 30% of the field in a 1v1 fight, combining it with the fact that it’s the 1 card and one of the key scenarios that makes it of value is when you pull it very early and at the same time pull enough creatures to play to make it extremely rare and in top rank pvp if you are going to take damage you are afraid off on turn 20+ its not going to be a 10 damage hit its going to be a 30 damage lysandra or a 70 damage sun etc. that will simply one shot the 8 turn tank that reduces all incoming damage by 3.

Shield ward is one of the most potent abilities in the game but considering Doomskar has the most powerful spell in the game and shield ward while maintaining a max 3CD it does not justify a new iteration of a summoner protection card having cooldown of 8 with a built in inspiration of 1 if there are 4+ cards on the field.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 3:00pm

it is a anti sd card its good for a fast deck where u loose many cards. so can come out quicker
but mainly good for anti sd and save you few turns and shield ward also

not that bad but worth 150$ no that not in my opinion.

• Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 3:44pm

Its a great card in my opinion. cd 8 i think its to much, but in reality with draconic magesty its more like a 6/5cd card, with is abilities, worse that, its perfect anti sd card, and can help against some of these nasty 11th and the new spymaster, not to talk about is huge life and good attack in (godlike). And shield ward... dont put this card in the trash can because i belive she will positively suprise. if not for this recharge event, i 100% would recharge for this card. But im not rich...lololol 8o:thumbup:

ps and work good with canoness cruxia... :thumbsup:

• Activate Facebook