You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Kaynka" is female
  • "Kaynka" has been banned
  • "Kaynka" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 16th 2017

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 2:38pm

Remove CAPTCHA as present for Christmas, free us all from that prison of images and numbers !

Just make it stop for god sake, no more please !

I know you can remove it, simple research says you can do it for sure ! Your competision has way bigger player base and has no CAPTCHA, so what you are doing... You add to game page and forum such annoying thing, you are not some downloading files site, in your interest is to make players login as often per day as they can. What you wanna accomplish with that, close of your game, is that it ? You think is funny for me to fil 10 images picks for example to login once, it's so bugged sometimes, that no matter what I choose, it says no, no, no, wrong, bad girl, try again. Like seriously I show it to many diffrent people how bugged it is, I'm not blind to not be able to always pick correct images etc, you are making me feel stupid, angry, annoyed, you are making me don't wanna come back. If I disconnect or other bug during login, I need to solve those puzzles too, even when it's not my fault.

Will you be bothered to ever remove it, I want simple answer, it's my private time and YOLO, so there are many other things to do in life. I want an answer and a clear one, not maybe, or dunno threwing it on China or google like you love to do, or best what you can pick to do wil be ignore this thread ???

Bots are not so smart, so keep your fairytales about them, people can create programs to download same file all over again, but not account in game and to play it, maybe someone spammed your forum with bots or create accounts manually, you will never know.

What you should know is that CAPTCHA will kill rest of your player base slowly, as not many had left anyways, so it will be hard to see that. But I already noticed some rage quits and you know what, even if you lift it now, those people prolly won't come back, as is easy to lose player base and pretty impossible to rebuild it.

You should be able to change it by those links www.http://forum.kingsandlegends.com/admin/index.php it will work if you installed forum on main page

If you installed it at folder forum then use this http://forum.kingsandlegends.com/forum/admin/index.php or something like this...

Research says it's removable, you just need to be bothered to look at google :

https://help.formspree.io/articles/7161-…sable-recaptcha

How do I remove CAPTCHA from the registration page?

Last one is prolly a bait to mess up your PC completly, but I'm near to lose my mind and do it :

Google Captcha Removal Guide
When the world is ever changing
Light a candle in the dark
There's a source of inspiration in the air
Let the magic dry your tears and heal your heart

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaynka" (Jan 17th 2018, 2:39pm)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 2:52pm

Most players will never see a CAPTCHA and if they do it will be very rare, so removing it would actually benefit the minority. Interesting to learn that some players have rage quit and will not be returning because of a standard implementation of a CAPTCHA which isn't at all hard to solve. Your suggestion is noted however.

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Forn

Good

Date of registration: Apr 17th 2017

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 2:56pm

Yeah, I agree.

Ridiculously annoying, not least as it's not even accurate.

Just an extra delay to log in which already takes long enough.

(I see capatcha 8 or 9 times out of 10 and I log in and out quite a bit during the day)

• Activate Facebook

• "Kaynka" is female

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:03pm

Most players will never see a CAPTCHA and if they do it will be very rare, so removing it would actually benefit the minority. Interesting to learn that some players have rage quit and will not be returning because of a standard implementation of a CAPTCHA which isn't at all hard to solve. Your suggestion is noted however.
I play same time on 3 servers, all is new adventure to save time, to login on each I need to logout, then I get CAPTCHA every time, I say it's bugged, many times it says to me wrong whole time, no matter what I click, anyways if you ever played this game you would know how it look at insides and that it's not a minor problem, many people have accounts on diffrent servers etc and when you keep disconnecting from game it gives you CAPTCHA also. Ok now I had played tons of games at interent, come-on name me one game that has CAPTCHA too, that shouldn't be hard for you, if that is such a common thing, I'm waiting patiently. You can do it on private message to not promote other game here :cursing:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaynka" (Dec 13th 2017, 3:10pm)

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:09pm

@Forn Perhaps your browser deletes your cookies when you close it. If you are logging out of the game and leaving your browser open then I would suggest clicking the account link instead which closes the game session but doesn't log you out of your account. I very much doubt Google designed their CAPTCHA to frustrate people and you really shouldn't be seeing it that many times unless you're using Incognito mode on your browser or deleting all cookies every time you close your browser. I can imagine that switching accounts would also prompt the CAPTCHA, but logging out and back into the same account should not be prompting it.

@Kaynka From the perspective of those with more than 1 account in-game then I can see how it may be annoying. I've already raised the suggestion. We shall see if they remove it, or alter it to not be as annoying. I haven't really done any research into how many games use CAPTCHA's, I will add it to my list of things to do.

Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:09pm

Multi accounters problems it seems, i hope u add more captchas to shoo em away.

• Activate Facebook

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

LinkGallent (13.12.2017), Tripp1000_ (13.12.2017)

• "Kaynka" is female

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:19pm

@Forn Perhaps your browser deletes your cookies when you close it. If you are logging out of the game and leaving your browser open then I would suggest clicking the account link instead which closes the game session but doesn't log you out of your account. I very much doubt Google designed their CAPTCHA to frustrate people and you really shouldn't be seeing it that many times unless you're using Incognito mode on your browser or deleting all cookies every time you close your browser. I can imagine that switching accounts would also prompt the CAPTCHA, but logging out and back into the same account should not be prompting it.

@Kaynka From the perspective of those with more than 1 account in-game then I can see how it may be annoying. I've already raised the suggestion. We shall see if they remove it, or alter it to not be as annoying. I haven't really done any research into how many games use CAPTCHA's, I will add it to my list of things to do.
Like seriously don't show me here that you don't know how game looks at all, you won't see CAPTCHA, if you will be relogin on 1 page at browser, but when I open 3 pages with same account new adventure, then I need to click logout, login, otherwise it don't wanna login :cursing:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaynka" (Dec 14th 2017, 9:01am)

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:28pm

I understand a lot of things but I don't understand how you can open 3 pages in the same browser without them causing an issue anyway (with or without a CAPTCHA). To do that you would need a session manager or an container application such as https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox…unt-containers/ and I don't think the CAPTCHA would be an issue anymore.

Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

• "Kaynka" is female

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 3:39pm

This game wasn't crashing at 3 pages in past, if you didn't know that... Go delete all my posts master Kaynie would like you for that more and about earlier like Forn said, many people jump to game in and out many times per day at work, home etc and people need to close their broswers, cos boss can't see and most important flash is very bad technology, so it eats memory, very high processor usage, CPU % etc, if you stay whole time loged it's only get worse and after a wile you will start laging and later disconnect will get you. Other example that causes lags is Auction House, to refresh lags caused, by looking at it, you need to relog too. Close browser is like refresh for your PC, it's then less grumpy, if you do it more often :love:

@Parabellum

@Kaynie Your hypothetic multiaccounter would stay logged whole day long on 1 server after CAPTCHA came out, so that wouldn't be a problem for him, as they focus on 1 server, you prolly don't imagine even that your potentially unwanted cheater would need to do everything x4, if he wanted to keep all accounts similar power level, think about all those edit decks etc, other thing would be if he picked 1 main account to be feeded by other ones and it will be in final of Guild Showdown, cos of it and usually winning even. So hmm, what would be doing in game potentially multi or people playing on few servers, for you cheating ofc, but answer is wasting and exhausting themselfs till they would barely do anything in game, quit or abandon some servers, CAPTCHA only helps people to chose to play on 1 server max, that is potentially lose of players spreaded all over the servers :cursing:

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Kaynka" (Jan 17th 2018, 2:38pm)

• Activate Facebook

• "azuron96" is male

Date of registration: Nov 10th 2017

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 5:30am

ok para said he will correspond this to devs. no need to flame on him anymore.
On the other hand parabellum should be promoted to community manager instead of a simple game master because he does everything forum-related.

• Activate Facebook

• "Kaynka" is female

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 8:58am

Parabellum is not just simple Game Master, he was allways head one and now he is Game Admin for EN servers... About Community Manager, yes we need one, but I would rather want iArches back or even Lilpwnid than this person as our CM :love:

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 9:14am

Lilpwnd would be great. But why would she leave Ubisoft for us?

• Activate Facebook

• "Kaynka" is female

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 9:43am

Lilpwnd would be great. But why would she leave Ubisoft for us?
Because we have cookies, to stay in topic waiting patiently for any update about CAPTCHA :love:
  • Activate Facebook

Forn

Good

Date of registration: Apr 17th 2017

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 12:42pm

Para's the only staff member worth anything in my opinion 8)

• Activate Facebook

• "Kaynka" is female

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 3:25pm

No, no, my infraction section needs Zidane and YatoGod too, to stay in topic remove CAPTCHA at once :love:

• Activate Facebook