You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ThomasDude" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2016

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 1:46pm

Idea for creating more pvp activity

Like most players I appreciate your efforts to develop the game, like you did with the Liberation Event. That was a great event, and the rewards were very generous.

I think it would also be good if you could do something to create more pvp activity. I think, that pvp is an essential part of the game, and that it would attract more players if there was more pvp activity.

I think there is a very simple way you could do this: Reward people - not for winning - but just for playing pvp. As it is now you are guaranteed a minimum reward of 20 gold and 5 pvp medals for playing 50 pvp battles a week. Thats not very much. I usually dont play 50 pvp battles a week, because I dont want to risk my score for such a small reward.

You could make pvp more attractive by increasing both the rewards and the number of battles you have to play. For example you could give a free tarot pack as reward for playing 100 pvp battles in a week. Or maybe for playing 200 pvp battles in two weeks.
I think the tarot pack is a good reward for this purpose, because only a few of the tarots are really good cards. So even if all active players get a tarot pack, only a small part of them will get one of the really good cards. So this could motivate players to play more pvp without flooding the game with op cards.

If you are not sure, that it is a good idea, maybe you could just try it one time, as a special event, and then see how it goes.

Anything you can do to create more pvp activity would be good for the game, and would be much appreciated.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

cylotte

Common

Date of registration: Jul 5th 2017

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 4:14pm

good idea, if tarot too much, i just happy with horse 7day/ bunch silver/ fire ruby fragment/ opal/ king pack etc

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 4:28pm

Hi,

September's planned event (assuming everything goes to plan) focuses on many areas of the game, including PvP (though perhaps not in the way you would like or imagine). The biggest problem with running PvP events is the small team size. GM's do not have direct access to game logs so a massive PvP event that relied on the logs being checked would be a lot of work directly placed on iArches shoulders. It certainly could happen at some point in the future but the currently planned events rely on Player submitted screenshots which divides the workload between the team and the players. Any suggestions as to how we could increase PvP activity without resorting to making iArches scour through the PvP logs is more than welcome as it would be good to make the Arena more active but maybe not at the expense of putting all the pressure onto our CM who is extremely busy at the moment.

Edit: I just thought about this for a while and I may have something that would work though it does rely on player submitted screenshots (quite a lot of them). Will run it past the team and if passes their scrutiny maybe we can give it a whirl sometime in October.

Regards,
Parabellum

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Parabellum" (Aug 20th 2017, 5:55pm)

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 5:56pm

PvP rewards need a revamp for sure. Events would be great but they are just a temporary solution and not a permanent one. PvP used to be the main thing in this game and kinda everyone used to play a lot as it was the best source for good new cards and the majority of gold income. But now, the cards are outdated and the gold has lost some of its value as it became easier to rank higher for less and less effort and due to FZ. A lot of people just lost interest in playing PvP as its not rewarding enough anymore (and also the power gap has become too big).

There would be a lot of ways to make it interessting again, but the problem is, that all changes have to be done by the chinese developers, which makes it unlikely that anything will happen.

My suggestion to them would be to change the rewards in the following way. Give people 1 gold per played arena match, its not super much, but can sum up to nice amounts for active players. To prevent abuse, it could be limited to games that give points (so max 5 times against the same opponent). Even if someone would play 1000 matches a week (which is very unlikely), it wouldnt break the game but atleast reward the players a bit. The packs for Season and Post I would change to the following:

Season:
Top 65-200: Small Recharge Pack (the one that is currently in RoM and that will hopefully end up here one day)
Top 1-64: Big Recharge Pack (it's the same as the small one, just with guaranteed legendary)

Post Season:

5th - 16th: Big Recharge Pack
2nd - 4th: Tarot Pack
1st: Tarot Pack II or Virtue Pack

It would reward activity and give relevant Cards for everyone aswell, which could help to decrease the power gap. Besides a PvP change I would love to see more Bonanzas for relevant and useful cards like the Selaine on and Packs. Cards need to become accessable or people will never be able to catch up.

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 6:06pm

Yes, I liked the original idea that ThomasDude suggested by the way, but it does sounds like something that would need to be changed by the developers. It's a lot of manual work for us to undertake on a regular basis, so if we ran with that idea it would just be another one off event in which iArches would have to handle all the work. To be fair, my idea isn't easy and it's a lot of work for players too, just cos it would work doesn't mean it's a good idea, plus I haven't been awake long and neither has my brain. As I said, any suggestions for a PvP event that wouldn't rely on 50+ screenshots or iArches scouring the logs is most welcome. Your idea is also great, but again relies on the developers to change the game.

Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 11:22pm

1st place...same people take it. So everything else is fine. But dont give 1st something huge.

#NoJusticeForCheaters

why the hack can't we all take a birthdayparty for german players or english? when i have a friend in english is he not say happy birthday to me because of differnt birthdays?

8|
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Monday, August 21st 2017, 6:16am

1st place...same people take it. So everything else is fine. But dont give 1st something huge.

just tryed to make the rewards as similar to how they used to be. As Post Season cards used to be the best cards in the game for a long time, now the best cards are by far Tarots and Virtues, so it would make sense in my opinion that 2nd-4th gets the legendary Tarot and 1st gets a godlike Tarot or legendary Virtue. It doesn't matter anyways as Season and Post Season rewards will only change if the players in China become unhappy with them. But there the Arena is full, same for Post Season and their games are far more interessting than ours, so its unlikely they will want a change soon.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaynie" (Aug 21st 2017, 7:20am)

• Activate Facebook

Xaran

Epic

Date of registration: Dec 15th 2015

Monday, August 21st 2017, 7:38am

your right kaynie but the problem is not that the post season is so bad(that is a problem but not not main in my opinion)
the problem is that many player don't get any reward or even worse than post cards(20gold)
the player who have a chance for post season rewards are not the ones who are inaktiv they still try to claim them.
when they stock up the post-season rewards for many player changes nothing because they still have no chance to climb them.
this is one of the reasons why arena is empty...
reward aktivity would be solve the problem...
know we have to find a way to realize it....

by the way many rewards ingame are outdated like bossloot, postseason and so on...
but as you say kaynie this is a chinese thing that sadly never changed...

• Activate Facebook

Thebosha

Common

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2017

Monday, August 21st 2017, 9:41am

PVP A few suggestions but again this rely on game developers making changes.

First to encourage pvp set it in a point system as follows.
Win a match 12pts
Take part in a match 3 pts
no loss for losing a match.
This way a player who is active and lets be honest here we need activity can get 12pts for just doing 4 matches while the top strategists
and whales get 12 for wins +3 for taking part.
2nd part is simply award 1 gold and 1pvp point per match for the first 10 matches allowing players to earn 10 gold and 10 pvp a day.
Finally award a kings pk every 500 matches and a tarot pk every 1000 matches per month resets each month.

The last one can be done by gms with a screenshot from players each week on matches they have completed but it involves a lot work or a good spreadsheet from word lol.

GM PVP EVENTS-these can be done by GMS based on screen shot. Opponents must be from another guild

1-win a 4 v 4 guild battle just using elves (each member of the 4v4 team must only use elves screenshot with final man below 20hp)
2-win a 2v2 battle just using elves
3-win a solo battle just using elves
Obviously it doesn't have to be elves it can be any race

PVP EVENT 2
1-win a 4v4 guild battle just using 1 star cards (all cards must be 1 star cards including skill cards)
2-win a 2v2 just using 1 star cards
3-win a solo battle just using 1 star cards

PVP EVENT 3
1-win a 4v4 with 4 mages
2-win a 2v2 with 2 mages
3-win a solo battle as a mage
Again it doesn't have to be mage can be any class

PVP EVENT 4 CATCH THE GM IN PVP-GM or GMS will appear in pvp in solo or 2v2
Duel the gms and beat them to get a reward
GMS can use any cards up to legendary in there decks based on the server cards released.

Thats it for now i have plnty more ideas but thats a start.....

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jan 7th 2017

Monday, August 21st 2017, 10:12am

+1 thats a good one even non vips will play patiently till they get all the tarots to take on whales

LE :thumbup:
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Rare

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Monday, August 21st 2017, 10:27am

First to encourage pvp set it in a point system as follows.
Win a match 12pts
Take part in a match 3 pts
no loss for losing a match.
This way a player who is active and lets be honest here we need activity can get 12pts for just doing 4 matches while the top strategists
and whales get 12 for wins +3 for taking part.
2nd part is simply award 1 gold and 1pvp point per match for the first 10 matches allowing players to earn 10 gold and 10 pvp a day.
Finally award a kings pk every 500 matches and a tarot pk every 1000 matches per month resets each month.

+1 from me, good idea

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "MyNameJeff_S5" is male

Date of registration: May 17th 2016

Monday, August 21st 2017, 10:30pm

would love to see more pvp actvity happening

MyNameJeff (S5) Azrael (Real Jeff)
Happy to help in game if anyone needs help feel free to ask.
Enjoy your day :)
  • Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Monday, August 21st 2017, 11:23pm

We will be most likely be running a PvP based event in October, if everyone is relatively happy with it then there is every chance we will repeat it in the future. It's nothing like you've been discussing, but it should increase the activity on the weekend we run it.

Regards,
Parabellum

Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook