You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dax

Common

Date of registration: Mar 18th 2017

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 1:17am

@ Dax, it's not a problem of high level people waiting for low level people to beat them but rather high vip players with a bunch of very OP cards waiting on low vip/ non vip players. For example, A level 40 player with a bunch of very op cards like modesty can thrash a level 80 player who has bad cards. Even if the level 40 doesn't have OP cards they can still win against higher level opponents using fairy/qilin.

As for the idea of different blocks in a tournament, its a good thought but you also need to understand that some people can only play at certain times due to their busy lives so they may miss their time to enter it and thus missing the said rewards due to being unable to log on at that time. A well known example of this is the pvp post season. there are 32 people for 1v1 and 2v2 every month in the post, but only around half of the people in it will compete for the extra pack rewards. It's not that they don't want to compete for the rewards but that they may not be able to play at that time due to timezone/work inhibiting them from doing so.

Again, a good idea to set up brackets but it can exclude a lot of people from participating so it isn't very plausible.

I get that the time would be difficult, but I can tell you from watching 3 years of attempted events in ROM, that as soon as they try an event that requires matches, or even worse, wins...that the highest ranks do watch the queue, and it is like buzzards circling a wounded animal. You already have people complaining about not being able to 2v2. When you take a block of days where the highest ranks KNOW the lower ranks will try and sneak in and do a few battles.

I have no problem with big spenders, none at all, but to deny that the high levels are keeping people from the 1 or 2's queue is naive.

I can tell you that my guild will jump into the queue and someone will say "player X just entered the queue" and everyone leaves the queue.

The main issue with pvp is that the scoring system doesn't match people very well. To make matters worse, The highest ranking pvp get the best prizes. Now I understand this and it makes sense, but further separates the higher levels from the lower levels.

At my level, and I am a moderate spender, with my cards, I stand no chance against the big guys.

Now, I have heard many things in response to this. special decks, use better strategy, you don''t want to learn the game. Well even if that is true, it doesn't solve the problem. The problem is it is very difficult to pvp, and denying fact that low levels will lose 95% of the time if not more, will hurt pvp.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Sep 27th 2016

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 1:41am

@ Dax Yeah, I get your point. I won't deny that arena becomes empty once a few big guys enter as it is a fact. We need more pvp events but pvp itself needs a better matching system to make it more fair towards low level/vip players. Making a tournament bracket with set times won't be very plausible, but like someone has stated, perhaps matching people according to deck power would be better and more feasible. Perhaps separating the matchups of the top 100 from the top 200 or something along those lines.

@7 sisters event.
very nice event! Very luck based but we can get rewards just by choosing a random number :) would have liked to win opal fragments or that gold here but guess ill just be happy with free 250k silver that took little to no effort to earn.

• Activate Facebook

EzanK

Rare

• "EzanK" is male

Date of registration: Oct 2nd 2016

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 2:17am

I agree with you lxl, with the fact that the matching system in PvP has to be changed, rather than being matched by points themselves. But a reoccurring issue, there simply aren't enough people in Arena for everyone to find a match, even with deck power as a factor. That would mean someone with most GL and Awaken cards in deck would hardly ever find a match. And if that is so, then without finding matches, a big part of the fun in KAL will be missing, that being competitiveness, and the Ranking Board.

At the same time, if deck power was such a big factor, then rushers would meet low levels, which would be quite unfair. Such as a level 35 with his whole deck filled, meeting a level 50 with a 15 card qilin deck, both same deck power, one just way more overpowered than the other. I just wish there were more people in arena and that the matching system was more perfected, so a VIP 0 like me doesn't meet a VIP 10 in every 1v1 game, but that of course, would not be something looking into, as most current existing players are VIP. None the less, I think the best approach to this, would be a blind arena. No idea whos there, just enter and see. :thumbsup:

Sisters event seemed very fun, just wish future events like this had a longer duration though. ;( Sadly missed it due to one day without internet, if only the event lasted a tad bit longer, because the rewards still take a week to reach, either way. Oh well, new events, keep it up! :thumbup:

• Activate Facebook

Dax

Common

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 4:48am

I agree with you lxl, with the fact that the matching system in PvP has to be changed, rather than being matched by points themselves. But a reoccurring issue, there simply aren't enough people in Arena for everyone to find a match, even with deck power as a factor. That would mean someone with most GL and Awaken cards in deck would hardly ever find a match. And if that is so, then without finding matches, a big part of the fun in KAL will be missing, that being competitiveness, and the Ranking Board.

At the same time, if deck power was such a big factor, then rushers would meet low levels, which would be quite unfair. Such as a level 35 with his whole deck filled, meeting a level 50 with a 15 card qilin deck, both same deck power, one just way more overpowered than the other. I just wish there were more people in arena and that the matching system was more perfected, so a VIP 0 like me doesn't meet a VIP 10 in every 1v1 game, but that of course, would not be something looking into, as most current existing players are VIP. None the less, I think the best approach to this, would be a blind arena. No idea whos there, just enter and see. :thumbsup:

Sisters event seemed very fun, just wish future events like this had a longer duration though. ;( Sadly missed it due to one day without internet, if only the event lasted a tad bit longer, because the rewards still take a week to reach, either way. Oh well, new events, keep it up! :thumbup:

Ezank, I agree with most of what you said.

Just a few comments. I rarely do pvp for the reasons we all mentioned. I will however if I see a few players around my level (cards and such). I can tell you if there were a blind arena, I would never even try. I entered 4 times today and all 4 times Dragon was in there (I got absolutely nothing against the guy) but obviously I left. Imagine how mad I would be if it were blind and if I had to face Dragon...lol. I wouldn't even take a chance after that.

and you say a big part of KAL is competitiveness and the ranking board. Ask yourself an honest question. What is my motivation to pvp? a lvl 50 with an average deck. I have an average win rate of 35%, I will lose 3 matches for every one I win. So, yeah, maybe it is me, and maybe I suck...but guess what, that doesn't lead to more pvp battles :)

Whatever the solution is, it has to be to get the people that aren't in the top 10% to pvp.

also you have the 800 point threshhold, so if I get above 800 for the prizes, and I take a chance to advance and lose a match, I am now out of the prizes. Problem is there are hundreds of inactive players sitting at 800. If you reset them all to 0, then I can pvp all day long and still be in top 200. As it is now, I battle to get above 800 and get my gold. Again, people can say I suck, but that doesn't get you more battles :)
  • Activate Facebook

EzanK

Rare

• "EzanK" is male

Date of registration: Oct 2nd 2016

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 5:14am

Here's the thing though, Dax.

"I entered 4 times today and all 4 times Dragon was in there (I got absolutely nothing against the guy) but obviously I left. Imagine how mad I would be if it were blind and if I had to face Dragon...lol. I wouldn't even take a chance after that."

If there was a blind draft, you wouldn't match Dragon 4 times in a row. The reason you did, was most likely due to you two being the only ones in queue. Others were not in queue due to the want of not losing points, and thus not facing Dragon. In a blind queue, no one would even know Dragon was there, the arena lists are blank, as the name suggests. Thus, someone might have the unfortunate fate of meeting Dragon in 1v1, but that means more people are in Arena, trying. This will also prevent feeding, in which case they won't know when to feed, and when not to, as you don't know if the arena is empty or not, or whos even there.

Only ways to signal the arena members while they are there in a blind draft would be...

1) Trumpets, asking for opponents, example 2v2.
2) Win streaks being announced by the System.
3) Spectating.

At the same time, this can also be strategies in staying away/sniping, which most will not like to say, but is an efficient way of keeping your points. This game is about stratgey and cards, some people have thus perfected it so when they are in arena, everyone is scared. In a blind draft, they will go unnoticed, thus giving you more opportunities to match different opponents, some at your level, if the matching system is fixed further! :)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 10:20am

A possible solution could be to make the reset go to 400. Every little bit active player would surely TRY to get to 800. Since you won't lose any points till then. This would separate the active players from the non-actief players. At this time in the game I still see People strugling to get above 800. Which isn't very rewarding for them!

No idea if I make sense :)

Met vriendelijke groet / thanks
Maxim

• Activate Facebook

• "Alenka" is female

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 12:14pm

Thank you guys for a great event. :heart2:

• Activate Facebook

Dax

Common

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 4:02am

@ Dax, it's not a problem of high level people waiting for low level people to beat them but rather high vip players with a bunch of very OP cards waiting on low vip/ non vip players. For example, A level 40 player with a bunch of very op cards like modesty can thrash a level 80 player who has bad cards. Even if the level 40 doesn't have OP cards they can still win against higher level opponents using fairy/qilin.

As for the idea of different blocks in a tournament, its a good thought but you also need to understand that some people can only play at certain times due to their busy lives so they may miss their time to enter it and thus missing the said rewards due to being unable to log on at that time. A well known example of this is the pvp post season. there are 32 people for 1v1 and 2v2 every month in the post, but only around half of the people in it will compete for the extra pack rewards. It's not that they don't want to compete for the rewards but that they may not be able to play at that time due to timezone/work inhibiting them from doing so.

Again, a good idea to set up brackets but it can exclude a lot of people from participating so it isn't very plausible.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Have a look Random...

Care to comment?
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Sep 27th 2016

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 7:21am

@Dax, Dragon may be a high level person but the most important fact is that he is a VERY HIGH VIP with LOTS of overpowered cards. Aka all those vice&virtues, Tarots, Awakened creatures, etc. Remember, my point is that High levels don't really have much impact aside from it meaning the player has played a lot more, it is the deck power (very strong cards) that scares people off.

You may say that setting up brackets would separate you from meeting Dragon and other strong players like him but you should know that levels have a cap. This means that as long as you play the game and gain experience, you will one day reach the same level as dragon and when that time comes, you will realize that your brackets didn't do anything to solve the issue. It merely delayed the inevitable. As an event, you have a good idea but that is only a short term solution and if the event comes back in the future, who is to say you yourself won't be level 80 as well and be matched with Dragon? At that point you will probably start complaining about how unfair it is to fight Dragon because you have bad cards instead of saying that it is levels causing the disparity.

I understand that you, as a low level or low vip player will feel frustrated at encountering a player you have close to 0% chance at winning. However, all you can do is to try your best to avoid him if you don't want to face him until KaL implements a better pvp matching system. Like I have stated before, setting brackets is a good idea, but it has its issues and merely delays the inevitable.

Well, I have said my part and no longer comment about it on this thread. If you really wish to continue this conversation, it would be best if we did that in Private Messages before we get warned about being off-topic and getting the thread closed.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lxlrandomlxl" (Jul 9th 2017, 7:34am)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Nov 29th 2016

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 10:39pm

Good event ty.
Give 2 days for every step as most grown ups work and one day is too short to enjoy. It's stressful if anything in real world happens.
Re pvp make it league - ding whale issue resolved.

• Activate Facebook

Attr4ct

Common

Date of registration: Jun 20th 2017

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 10:55pm

Thanks for a pleasant event

I'm just gonna weave my way past the complications and say I had a great time with the events, and thank you is in order.

Attr4ct

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2017

Monday, July 10th 2017, 12:08am

Yeah, Thank you for the event was fun.

If u want next pvp even i suggest do better 4vs4. But rather stay to how it is. Only bad thing what i didnt like is the log in rewards for gl cards are too high. Like Dax i also play RiseofMythos like 3 years and im wondering , if there gonna be the recharge packs for rubies/gold?

• Activate Facebook

iArches

Community Manager

• "iArches" is female

Date of registration: Mar 1st 2017

Monday, July 10th 2017, 12:15am

Like Dax i also play RiseofMythos like 3 years and im wondering , if there gonna be the recharge packs for rubies/gold?
This isnt particularly on topic, but stay tuned for this.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the event! I'll be sending out rewards soon (within the next couple days) :heart:
:heart: iArches :heart:
Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook