You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Phoulmouth" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2015

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 4:51am

You know you're really just proving my point, right? I didn't say anything about intelligence at all. It's simply western culture to think that they should be entitled to free stuff. They see a free to play game and then they spend hours and hours complaining that they can't get something for free. That entire post was basically screaming "I don't want to have to pay to get good cards in this game that I've been allowed to play absolutely free".
I didn't read further than that. Thank you for proving 1 of 2 things. Either 1, you didn't read my post in its entirety, or 2, you weren't capable of understanding a word of it.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 9:23am

You know you're really just proving my point, right? I didn't say anything about intelligence at all. It's simply western culture to think that they should be entitled to free stuff. They see a free to play game and then they spend hours and hours complaining that they can't get something for free. That entire post was basically screaming "I don't want to have to pay to get good cards in this game that I've been allowed to play absolutely free".

In order for a game to be free and still make money but without being pay to win, it has to be absolutely colossal. It needs to appeal to a huge audience, it needs hundreds of thousands spent on advertising. It's a very unrealistic model for 99.9% of free to play games. And it's really not that much grinding. 25% chance of elite, 80 tokens per week, 20 tokens per go. Simple maths gets you an average of 1 elite per week. 8 epics gets you around 50% success chance on combine, so depending on your luck that's 2 months for a legendary hybrid without paying a thing. Not to mention that the epic hybrids are perfectly good enough. At leg they only have a stat boost. Really not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

You really have no idea what you're talking about here though. "Massive increases in profits" by "cut all in game gold costs by 90% and cut the cost of buying gold in half." So lets look at that shall we? A tarot card, I believe, costs 50,000 gold. That's over £500 for every whale. Then consider than some whales get multiple copies. Cut that by 90% and then 50%. That's £25 per tarot. You'd need 20 people to recharge for every 1 whale who was recharging previously TO BREAK EVEN. To get "Skyrocketing profits" you'd need say, 60 people. Random guess to make the numbers easy: There are 20 tarots bought on each server each time. That's 1200 people you need recharging. Now, I'm not fantastic at maths but there definitely aren't 1200 active players on all the servers put together, let alone each server. Proven by the fact that I can do absolutely no PVP at all and I'll still get end of season rewards at rank 150, which means less than 150 active players per server.

Now take into account that you can get enough gold for that just from being active (bosses, activity points, FZ). Now you've got even fewer people recharging. I could go on, but I'm pretty sure I've made my point.
^ This...I have been too lazy to put the numbers to it but i am glad u did.... (though i think u meant awaken card not tarot....lol those are WAY cheaper)
  • Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 12:23pm

In order for a game to be free and still make money but without being pay to win, it has to be absolutely colossal. It needs to appeal to a huge audience, it needs hundreds of thousands spent on advertising. It's a very unrealistic model for 99.9% of free to play games. And it's really not that much grinding. 25% chance of elite, 80 tokens per week, 20 tokens per go. Simple maths gets you an average of 1 elite per week. 8 epics gets you around 50% success chance on combine, so depending on your luck that's 2 months for a legendary hybrid without paying a thing. Not to mention that the epic hybrids are perfectly good enough. At leg they only have a stat boost. Really not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

You really have no idea what you're talking about here though. "Massive increases in profits" by "cut all in game gold costs by 90% and cut the cost of buying gold in half." So lets look at that shall we? A tarot card, I believe, costs 50,000 gold. That's over £500 for every whale. Then consider than some whales get multiple copies. Cut that by 90% and then 50%. That's £25 per tarot. You'd need 20 people to recharge for every 1 whale who was recharging previously TO BREAK EVEN. To get "Skyrocketing profits" you'd need say, 60 people. Random guess to make the numbers easy: There are 20 tarots bought on each server each time. That's 1200 people you need recharging. Now, I'm not fantastic at maths but there definitely aren't 1200 active players on all the servers put together, let alone each server. Proven by the fact that I can do absolutely no PVP at all and I'll still get end of season rewards at rank 150, which means less than 150 active players per server.

Now take into account that you can get enough gold for that just from being active (bosses, activity points, FZ). Now you've got even fewer people recharging. I could go on, but I'm pretty sure I've made my point.
^ This...I have been too lazy to put the numbers to it but i am glad u did.... (though i think u meant awaken card not tarot....lol those are WAY cheaper)
Yeah I did, lol. I was half asleep when I did that :D

Quoted

" I didn't read further than that. Thank you for proving 1 of 2 things. Either 1, you didn't read my post in its entirety, or 2, you weren't capable of understanding a word of it."

Y'know this just looks like you chickened out of responding to the rest of the post, right? So go on, read the rest of the post (like you haven't already done so), and come up with a response for that.
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 2:30am

Okay, I read it, and it is still proving how clueless you are. You know why this game has such a ridiculously tiny following? Because to do ANYTHING in it you need to shell out tons of cash.

When I first started playing the chats scrolled non stop, guilds were recruiting and warring, Qing for dungeons actually worked without needing to spam for more people. Now? It's a fucking ghost town.

Yeah, retards exist, you refer to them as whales. But are you really so stupid as to think catering to a handful(literally) of stupid people with too much money is going to make more $$ than making a game that is fun and accessible to everyone? No. Never. For everyone one "whale" there are thousands of others that would be willing to spend 10-20-30 bucks a month if they money were actually going to get them anything that felt worthwhile. Unfortunately 10-20-30 bucks is not enough to get jack.

Your advertising garbage also only proves how little you know about free to play games. Where is this hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on advertising from Path of Exile? LoL had almost no marketing before they started e-sports and they were one of the top games online through word of mouth. I only found out about Smite from word of mouth.

You're like a teenager. You think you know what you're talking about but you don't. I work in marketing, and you know what the most powerful marketing tools in the world are right now? Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Guess how much they charge? Nothing.

Stop the white knighting. It's getting old and your only making yourself look foolish.

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 12:26pm

You know how stupid you sound right now, right? You might not have seen adverts for Lol etc, but I've seen loads of them. Back when League was first getting started, you couldn't go anywhere on the internet without adverts for it. And how do you not realise that e-sports is just another form of marketing? I SERIOUSLY doubt you work in marketing if you couldn't even tell that; or if you do, you're bad at your job. Fortunately, those kinds of games are identical to one another, so anything that comes after the first one doesn't need that much marketing - chances are you'll attract quite a large portion of the players of one just by copying the game style.

The next thing that makes you look stupid: How the hell to you expect to reincarnate this game by REDUCING the amount of money it gets? To make the profits you expect it to make, you need 1200 people PER SERVER. It doesn't do anything to just lower the costs, you also need to advertise HEAVILY. No one knows about the game; no one's going to start playing if they haven't even heard of it, and no one who starts is going to stick around when they see the current whale population, even if it "only" costs about £1000 to get to the same level as them. Where is this money to advertise going to come from, exactly, if you're reducing how much money the company gets?

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 12:26pm

I agree with Phoulmouth. Mythremi you are reffering to current state of game with your numbers. And I believe that low activity on servers is BECAUSE OF this ridiculously overpriced model. IMHO it´s always better to have a lot of smaller donators than handful of big fishes.

Next, you are talking about OP cards and if everybody would have easy access to them it would ruin game. I agree, but again it is result of this model. They have to release (way) stronger cards at this relatively fast pace to keep whales interested and milk them as much as possible until they finally realize that it´s bullsh!t and quit game (or stop paying, for devs its same).

Advertisement.... is important. And I really don´t think you have to spend hundreds of thousands bucks for that.

It is quite a mirracle that game survived for 3 years (but so so...). Sadly I´m not sure if change of price model right now would already change anything in game because damage have already been done.

I like this game, it is solid, fun and highly addictive. Because of addictiveness and because of how much are some of players commited in this game the game is still alive. But this won´t last forever...

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 12:58pm

Sounds like you're agreeing with me there, in the last half.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, December 31st 2015, 1:06pm

Like that it is miracle game survived that long with this crapy bussines model? Yes, we can agree on that

• Activate Facebook

Friday, January 1st 2016, 12:50am

You know how stupid you sound right now, right? You might not have seen adverts for Lol etc, but I've seen loads of them. Back when League was first getting started, you couldn't go anywhere on the internet without adverts for it. And how do you not realise that e-sports is just another form of marketing? I SERIOUSLY doubt you work in marketing if you couldn't even tell that; or if you do, you're bad at your job. Fortunately, those kinds of games are identical to one another, so anything that comes after the first one doesn't need that much marketing - chances are you'll attract quite a large portion of the players of one just by copying the game style.

The next thing that makes you look stupid: How the hell to you expect to reincarnate this game by REDUCING the amount of money it gets? To make the profits you expect it to make, you need 1200 people PER SERVER. It doesn't do anything to just lower the costs, you also need to advertise HEAVILY. No one knows about the game; no one's going to start playing if they haven't even heard of it, and no one who starts is going to stick around when they see the current whale population, even if it "only" costs about £1000 to get to the same level as them. Where is this money to advertise going to come from, exactly, if you're reducing how much money the company gets?
Before LoL entered into esports you barely saw any adverts for it at all. Don't pull that lying to make you right crap. And yes, the esports is marketing, thank you again for not reading my post as I stated BEFORE they started the esports thing.

And the second paragraph only proves you again didn't read, or understand, my post. Nor do you know anything about marketing or player retention. Lowering the cost of everything will make people want to spend money because they will feel they are getting their monies worth. And no one knows about this game? LMAO, no, a lot of people know about this game and they quit because it's such an amazing ripoff. I remember when I first started playing and this game was packed with people, it was awesome, you were actually able to do things without waiting a half hour to 45 minutes for other people to Q or to get sick of your spamming. No one knows about this game.... LMFAO, so amazingly stupid.

As to reducing how much money the company gets, again, you didn't understand me. 1 whale spending 500 bucks a month vs 1000 people spending 10 bucks a month. What is making more money? C'mon, it's simple math but I am sure you have to at least do this kind of stuff in your day labor job don't you?

And how would you know anything about the overhead this company has for this game enough to say you'd need 1200 players per server? You don't, you're talking out of your anus yet again. The only reason they even open more servers is to con the stupid people to restart and spend yet more money, not because they have too many player. And the whale population won't matter for new players if they are intelligent enough to use a level based match making system. GG yet again.

You are 100% white knight. You will say whatever you have to to make whatever is dribbling out of your mouth seem right. Sorry, you're not right, you're not even in the same galaxy as right. You don't have even the slightest clue what you are talking about.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Phoulmouth" (Jan 1st 2016, 12:56am)

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Friday, January 1st 2016, 1:25am

I literally showed you the math, and you still ignore it. We're done here; you haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about and you're not even trying.

• Activate Facebook

Friday, January 1st 2016, 2:10am

KAL has more than 33k likes on their FB page. That proves people know about the game.

1200 people per server wouldn't sound like a bs if they all didn't quit :D (And we all know why they did.) :whistling:

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Friday, January 1st 2016, 11:58am

Yes, it is possible, but at this point, how many of those people still care? Maybe a few who used to be dedicated but couldn't afford it, but the majority of people will have forgotten it and started playing other games. I know I don't really remember a lot of free to play games I've quit unless they're really extraordinary.

Not to mention that's 33k likes, all players past and present (including many who have quit), across all servers in all languages. Assuming 16 servers per language, 33k isn't enough to cover the 1200 people per server thing. Of course, that was a guess; I don't know the whale population of merged servers like s5.

• Activate Facebook

Firza

Epic

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Friday, January 1st 2016, 8:49pm

Its easy.
Im from the german server.
All I can say to this is, that this game is to expensive.

I like good games. I would pay for good games. 50€ or 100€ a month.
But in this game you dont get good stuff for 50€ or 100€ in a month.
So, thats the reason why the most people quit this game.

I love GTI <3
  • Activate Facebook

• "Anyufairchild" is male

Date of registration: Jan 1st 2016

Friday, January 1st 2016, 10:16pm

wow i read all that garbage to know what i already know.

Kal is too expensive its why we dont have the numbers. i believe some good points where made, i am not saying cut your cost my 90 percent by any means, but there are cards out there that you can only get if you recharge 30k gold.....yes we all know people left because of the expensiveness. I am a vip 10, and i still rage, i had to cut back on my spending because i am a normal person, not a rich person. Bills come before a 300 dollar card, i mean really. Two cards on this game is a months worth of rent.....Americans dont feel they deserve to play games free. We just have to live withen our means, and we know america is fukd up. Lol. I know i live there.

:panda: Anyufairchild
server 8/Fenris

Will Buy Shargase epic - 50 gold- need 13

Will buy overseer epic - 50 gold- need 7

Saurus war boys - depends on rank
  • Activate Facebook