You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "CheyChey" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2016

Monday, February 6th 2017, 4:08pm

What's it going to take to fix the kittens?

:kitty: Feles Messenger :kitty: Feles Scout :kitty: Feles Tracker :kitty:
The distraction kittens are some of my favorite cards, but they often miss distracting a card, opting instead for a slot in the player's hand, occupied or not.
I imagine Dolly Roslin, Hamlyn, Shadow Whelp/Drake/Dragon, Shade Adept, Stone/Marble/Obsidian/Gargoyle, Sphynx, Ptah, and so on all suffer the same typing.

Darius Darkhand and Harpy target a random card just the same, but their panic strike is based off damaging a player, so that might be coded differently, ie: better, because I'm pretty sure Darius always hits.

I also don't know about the Smoking/Flaming/Blazing Redmages' Hex ability, but it seems to be a watered down Redmaw Addlemace, and his distracting is flawless.

Now back to the Feles - why can't they work like Redmaw? I have been planning on awakening a set of each just for the giggles, but all they get is an extra turn to their distracting, which is potentially useless, because they are so inaccurate.

Is it possible to fix Distraction?
I mean is it so hard to actually target a card in their hand?
Hint: just use the coding of Swift Death, because if there's a target, it doesn't miss!

=^u^=
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Leonidas" is male
  • "Leonidas" has been banned

Date of registration: Nov 3rd 2016

Monday, February 6th 2017, 5:19pm

hello,
We have checked this , there seems to be nothing wrong , probs the distract hits the 1cd card , or a anti distract card for example gabriel , maximus etc
kind regards
leonidas

• Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Monday, February 6th 2017, 5:30pm

Distract can also hit a card that's at max CD, so sometimes it doesn't do anything.

• Activate Facebook

Stratios

Retired Teammember

• "Stratios" is male

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:09pm

Like Leonidas and dragon have explained. There is no error with distraction cards. You have to remember that they distract a random card in opponents hand. So if, What people like to call RNG Jesus, Hates you, You could end up with 6 distraction units all distraction the card they just drew meaning they do nothing. On the other hand they can be really good and distract all the low cool-downs.

If you need more explanation on this matter send me a private message and i will help best i can. Likewise with all cards you think don't work right i can explain them out, check them out and if they are indeed bugged i will report them on and hope for a quick fix.

• Activate Facebook

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:14pm

I think the absent fine print where you can't distract a card over it's base CD might be relevant.

• Activate Facebook

Stratios

Retired Teammember

• "Stratios" is male

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:34pm

That is common knowledge. If you could distract cards above their base cool-down then cards like 11th hour would end the game the turn they are summoned if rebound didn't exist

• Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:42pm

The 11th is already ending the game along with qilins. Try killing a nimble/sanc 11th without rebound.

Distract should prioritize other cards before hitting card with max.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dragon" (Feb 6th 2017, 6:59pm)

• Activate Facebook

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:56pm

No, what I meant was, "I did not know that you could not distract a card to a CD greater than its base CD."
And I agree with Dragon, that if you can't distract a card at its max CD, then it should target a card it CAN effect, if applicable.

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2016

Monday, February 6th 2017, 8:11pm

That is common knowledge.

Its also common knowledge that elven spearmen have vigilance. Why dont remove that text too...
  • Activate Facebook

Stratios

Retired Teammember

• "Stratios" is male

Monday, February 6th 2017, 9:50pm

Its also common knowledge that elven spearmen have vigilance. Why dont remove that text too...

Now your nit picking. Distraction has been a part of the game since the day of release. It has been fine thus-far so why need to change it.
  • Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Monday, February 6th 2017, 9:58pm

But no one use it because it's not reliable due to rng. Hence why chey is bringing this up. It can be great theme deck but can backfire due to the poor distractions.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Monday, February 6th 2017, 10:26pm

So, as a game designer myself I thought this at first too, but I actually simulated it and quickly I found this strat would be too strong if they worked as you hoped they would. Everyone would have to depend on mostly 1 turn/pan decks. It would be pretty much the same pain as 11th Hour is doing now, but we'd be a little more used to it and no fun cards would be nearly useable.

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 5:43am

1 turn pan decks... -scoff-
Faeries exist;
Qilin exist;
Towahli exists;
So it'd be too strong if the kittens were better? This phrase gets tossed around a lot... how does it go... oh yeah
learn how to counter play. Plus, the Feles are available to everyone without recharging, without needing synth crystals.
-sigh-
I guess I can dream of a day when the cats are worth awakening.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 6:40am

Despite my love for beasts and thanks to Hrafn, halfbeasts, really the kittens aren't worth it even as far as distraction goes. Shade Adept, Shadow Drake and even Shadow Dragon is far better since their harder to kill. If you're dying to play with catgirls I think the Assassin Ambushers are a far better awaken investment. Personally though I prefer the bunny girls.

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 6:57am

I love the bunnies, too! ^_^
Especially Sylvi Ranger and Yumi, I even went way overboard in AH picking up Nari Swiftshot, even though she's not so great.
As for the kittens, I have been going on the false belief that you could over-distract a card, which is why I got so frustrated that it seemed that the feles missed half the time.
Now, since I know that you can't distract a card past its CD, I don't need to pursue awakening the kittens.

:kitty:

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 8:17pm

Quoted from "garvan"
Quoted from "Stratios"

Now your nit picking. Distraction has been a part of the game since the day of release. It has been fine thus-far so why need to change it.

Not nit picking at all. Just trying to point out that its common knowledge -as opposed to encyclopedical- cos you never made a good descrition. Arguing that there has been an unclear explanation all the time just makes thing worst imo.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 9:19pm

The difference is that the elven spearmen's card has the word vigilance on it.
No where under distraction does it say "up to that card's base CD" or ""not to exceed it's printed cooldown"
As alleged common knowledge as it is, I started playing on server 2 years ago, and I didn't know.

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 9:46pm

Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

Still something wrong. That 2 cd angel should not have been played if it got distracted..
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 5th 2016

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 1:01am

yea she doesn't work in pve the same

• Activate Facebook

xx.

Rare

Date of registration: Dec 25th 2015

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 9:32am

I used to play distraction with clepsobul in 2's and had wonderful success with it, however, rebound saddles made it not viable any more.

As for q's fairies and 11th hour spoiling the game....it kinda is spoiling 30 card decks unless you are big whale, the game is pushing more ppl to having to play rush. ( so quit bitching at me when I kick your asses with my fairies, unless you want to give me 11th hour modesty or void?)

• Activate Facebook