You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ChameraDreams" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 5:41pm

Consider rewarding those who don't abuse bug

Since punishing it sounds like a lot of people that abused this chaos bug would end up killing the game (beyond removing rewards they got), consider rewarding those that know of the bug and didn't abuse it since they didn't make more work for you. They could show they know by posting on this thread. This does make a bit more work for you, but then it gets the community to proactively help run your game better, reporting bugs and avoiding abuse (and reading your forum more).

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Lilpwnd

Retired Teammember

• "Lilpwnd" is female

Date of registration: Nov 26th 2015

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 5:48pm

So far no need to think about it... we still don't know what will happen because of this.
But I can already tell you that I think finding out who didn't abuse is but he did know bout it is simply impossible...

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2016

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 6:00pm

This is fair, but I see a problem.
For me, personally, I didn't know it was a bug to begin with. I came to the server and had no idea what chaotic wastes was.
So,
i asked the server because I couldn't find anything about it on the
forums. My guildmate, Darkx answered me with "first you fight dragon's
lair, then chaotic wastes opens up."
He explained what sort of deck and strategy for each event, and I played it not knowing any better.
When an entire server is telling you that's the way the event works, it's kind of hard to know you're in the wrong.
And
it's not like the forums are made friendly for asking questions. I've
been harassed more times for asking advice and help here than in the
game, so I trusted my guildmate, and the rest of server 16.
I also didn't play
more than 10 times, including losses, because I thought it was like any
other boss, and rewards would cease after the 10th go.
Again, I had no idea what the event actually was, so I assumed that much.
I can only blame so much on ignorance.
Some people will say it's the game's fault for being exploitable. They will claim that they didn't know it was a bug. OR that the game should have on-duty, in-game moderation to monitor these things.
Subjectively, I think bans are too much, because that will wipe an entire server. But I'm not the one making that decision, so, that's about as much help as I can be.

• Activate Facebook

Conor

Epic

• "Conor" is male

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 6:36pm

Why is it impossible? Can't you check who actually did Chaotic Wastes and then list those who did it without spending gold and you could make a list of those who didn't do it.

I didn't do it and I was told by Kaynie some people abused this massively... So say someone did this like 100 times, they could of got massive rewards and you can't do anything about this?

If you could do something about it, I think compensation should just be Chaotic Waste Tickets. Either average the amount of runs done by people, because then those who didn't do it can at least get the same rewards, the same way those did do it.

The Truth Shall Set You Free!

It's Better To Say Nothing, Than Say Something You'll Regret!
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 6:37pm

Wow, there was a bug. Why didn't anyone tell KIngBast? I spent about 1000 gold on that stupid boss. As for punishing players who took advantage of this bug, let's hope you do a better job of it than the Soul Summoner bug where you took some cards back from players, but many got to keep theirs. Normally when a business makes a mistake, they accept responsibility. Says a lot about a company that doesn't. Not our fault your game is buggy. You get enough money to make sure it isn't.

KILL IT WITH FIREBALLS!!!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "KingBast" (Sep 1st 2016, 6:52pm)

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:08pm

I don't think its possible to reward the none cheating players for it. Some people might have done hundreds of runs, how many tickets they should give us? 100? 200? 500? I don't think this is possible. In my opinion there is only one fair solution: count the runs that everyone did for free and accumulate the gold costs of tickets they would had to pay, but didnt. Let them pay you the money equivalent to the gold costs of the tickets to unlock their accounts immeditally, as they would had to buy the gold for it anyways, if there wouldnt have been the bug. if they can't or doesn't want to pay, you should temporary ban them. I would base the ban duration somehow like accumulated gold worth of the tickets DIVIDED by the avarage gold a free player makes per week, so if someone did 100 runs and I don't know how much a free player makes on avarage, but i guess around 200-300g a week then he should be banned for 20000/200 or 20000/300 so a ban between 100 and 66 weeks, if someone only did 10 runs, he would be banned for 10 or 6 and a half week. That way people get punished harder the more they abused it and you also wouldn't need to worry about removing all the goodies they got from abusing this as they will either pay for the tickets or they will pay with the time a free player would need to bring up to get these rewards. Might sound hard, but actually in pretty much every other game you would get permanently banned in a sec if you abuse a bug that can heavily influence the economy of a game.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:15pm

Shut up Kaynie you fool. Those accounts would remain locked, nobody is going to pay for vast amounts of gold (unless they already do) to unlock their accounts. Next time the takeaway send me the wrong meal, rather than them accepting their mistake and replacing it, perhaps they should charge me for it anyway and send someone round to make sure I eat it even if I don't like it. I don't know what planet you live on, but it sucks. Gamingo/Fire Elemental made the mistake and they should live with it. Those who didn't get free CW (like myself) should live with it. Pretty sure the bug will be fixed for next time, and life goes on.

What they should do is ban everyone and we can all go play Rise Of Mythos instead. Not you though, you can stay here as Gamingo's loyal pet.

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:17pm

Shut up Kaynie you fool. Those accounts would remain locked, nobody is going to pay for vast amounts of gold (unless they already do) to unlock their accounts. Next time the takeaway send me the wrong meal, rather than them accepting their mistake and replacing it, perhaps they should charge me for it anyway and send someone round to make sure I eat it even if I don't like it. I don't know what planet you live on, but it sucks. Gamingo/Fire Elemental made the mistake and they should live with it. Those who didn't get free CW (like myself) should live with it. Pretty sure the bug will be fixed for next time, and life goes on.

your comparsion is so far off, they abused a BUG on purpose, they violated the terms of service, if they don't do anything, why would anyone even bother playing fair in the future? In pretty much every game they would get a permanent ban right away without any second chances.
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:21pm

People play fair in the present? The balance of this game is so out of whack. Wasn't the best like-for-like comparison, but if a goalkeeper doesn't stop the ball cos he's distracted, blaming the player for scoring isn't exactly the solution. Yes, those cheaters were out of order, but they didn't create the bug and they shouldn't be expected to pay for it. Remove their ill gotten gains by all means, but anything else is overkill. Not like this game has many players left, so your solution is counterproductive.

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:24pm

good luck removing everything as people might have spend the gold already, used the leg opals or awakend fragments, used the rep crests, combined the gears ect. ect.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:30pm

Well yeah, they pretty much failed to take all the cards back that people got with the Soul Summoner bug. Annoyed me more that some got to keep theirs, but the point remains that the real issue was the bug. You should be more annoyed that bugs exist given how much you have paid into the game, as should Gamingo. Pretty sure they can recoup their losses from the developers in China though, but you want them to ban all the players who cheated and hold them to ransom too. Not like anything they gained is worth anything in reality. Not like they stole anything they can sell for a profit. Get a grip. Or are you worried someone might be able to beat you in pvp one day if this sort of thing isn't nipped in the bud?

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:33pm

So is it my understanding that it only happened on server 16 or is that the only server that got caught?

• Activate Facebook

Conor

Epic

• "Conor" is male

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:34pm

It'll be nearly impossible to take back rewards now, due to them most likely spending the gold or doing something with the other rewards.

I believe the best thing to do is to gather information and find an average of runs done, then give the players who didn't cheat, the average of runs in tickets for those who didn't exploit this. Even if the average is 50+, then those who didn't cheat should be given this amount of tickets (For those who exploited the bug but didn't do even close to 50 runs, you don't deserve to complain, you still exploited something).

The probably with banning people and making them pay for access to there accounts again, say the person who exploited this bug the most, did it 200 times, and they are VIP0 - VIP3, they'd have to pay like 40k gold for their account back, that won't happen.. The games population is too low to do something such as that, as much as I believe it would be the best sort of punishment, it'd crush the last of those in this game, because those who benefited most from this would be VIP0 or low VIPs, they probably can't afford or don't want to pay to keep their accounts.

• Activate Facebook

Conor

Epic

• "Conor" is male

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:35pm

So is it my understanding that it only happened on server 16 or is that the only server that got caught?

I don't believe so, because I'm S13/S15 and I seen loads of Chaotic Wastes, I just thought people had actually brought tickets from Forbidden Zone gold or already had tickets.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:43pm

Maybe if they operated the game like ROM, and gave people the things to progress then they would be less inclined to cheat. KAL gives little and expects a lot from players. It should be the other way around. i am VIP 6 and wish I hadn't bothered, game is still boring. Most days you log in and there is nothing exciting to do, nothing to claim. How long ago was the last daily rewards thing? When was the last time we got a decent card for free in the mail as a thank you for sticking with the game? Exactly. I would have tried robbing CW too, had I known about the bug because unlike ROM, KAL are unlikely to give me 300 gold for no reason whatsoever. Gotta admit that's a better comparison than my last one, cos it's based on facts we all know if we've played ROM.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 24th 2016

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:58pm

i know i did 4 legit runs with the chaotic waste tickets from the elyrian tourney last night didnt know other groups of ppl were cheating and exploiting a bug that kinda sucks hope this all gets sorted out

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 8:03pm

As for getting the same rewards as those who cheated, given the rewards for doing the boss are random then that's unlikely to happen. I had a couple of tickets and spent gold on a few runs after that. What I got wasn't all that great and I got 2x 300 gold. Those who did unlimited runs with the bug certainly gained a decent haul by doing so given the cost of entry wasn't being deducted from their haul, but if they can be identified accurately then it allows those who did CW legitimately to be rewarded with extra tickets or whatever. Not sure why everyone who didn't do CW should be given tickets. Those that paid to play when others were cheating are the ones who lost out the most, those who didn't do CW at all clearly never intended to or couldn't afford to. So yeah, if they can identify the cheaters then they can identify those who did it legitimately and compensate them rather than everyone else.

• Activate Facebook

Dragon

Legendary

• "Dragon" is female

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2016

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 8:12pm

Meow. I notice we have trial gm. Why weren't they aware of this. I feel like if they were on and checked the dungeon then this issue would have been notify earlier. Somebody should have seen this, it was going on for a week. A couple players found out and took advantage of it then it slowly spread across the server. Yesterday was the big boom, everyone was doing it. I came home from work to farm Dragon lair to get to level 80 and I get this news.

This is a bug on kals end so both party is at fault. Consumers can't take on the full hit if the product is already damaged. This should be a lesson both party can learn and take from going forward to avoid future unfortunate eevents.

Please excuse phone typos

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Dragon" (Sep 1st 2016, 8:54pm)

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 9:13pm

Is the level cap really raised to 80? :!:

• Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 9:14pm

Well yeah, they pretty much failed to take all the cards back that people got with the Soul Summoner bug. Annoyed me more that some got to keep theirs, but the point remains that the real issue was the bug. You should be more annoyed that bugs exist given how much you have paid into the game, as should Gamingo. Pretty sure they can recoup their losses from the developers in China though, but you want them to ban all the players who cheated and hold them to ransom too. Not like anything they gained is worth anything in reality. Not like they stole anything they can sell for a profit. Get a grip. Or are you worried someone might be able to beat you in pvp one day if this sort of thing isn't nipped in the bud?

Its normal that bugs exist, you wont find any mmog that is completly bug free, even the big games have tons of bugs, but thats not the point. The point is, that some ppl abused a bug to gain an advantage over others, some people might got ressources equally to hundreds of dollars from this. I am not worried about getting beaten in arena because, this is not even about me, i think as a freebie or low vip you should be more worried about this that some other free players might have grinded 50k gold in 2 days while you would need a year for it or something. I dont think this should moved below the carpet and people who abused this massively should get punished, you cant just give them a free ride because the pop is low, thats hilarious and the wrong way, or you think new players will be tempted to join when they hear cheating gets tolerated.
  • Activate Facebook