You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "CheyChey" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2016

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 8:53am

Diana Starfall

Diana Starfall's covering fire ability needs to be fixed. Probably just needs to have the wording clarified, though.

I took a great long time testing out what covering fire could and could not do. And then I asked players to help and nobody did, so now I come to the people who made this card or designed the ability, or someone in a place to fix it.

First, the ability does not seem to damage players, even though the current wording implies it should.
Assuming the ability is supposed to only hit creatures, it should be written as such.
"when allied creatures deal melee damage to a creature, ... "

The ability also only triggers once per total attack of a melee creature. Triple Strike found on Slyvi Bladesoul and Slyvi Protege, and
Sensei Callista's Blitz Strike account for one attack, despite multiple strikes.
Red Sora, however, when triggering covering fire with Biting Blade, deals triple the ranged damage, making it 6. This was how I discovered that Diana didn't deal the damage, but the melee creature did.

(img showing i controlled Diana when Red Sora dealt damage. Also of note, the type of damage isn't specified)

Covering fire says "this creature deals an additional 2 ranged damage". I thought the ability was referring to Diana as "this creature". After all, she does ranged damage, and in any other card game, the term "this creature" always refers to the name of the card it is printed on.
But strangely, Diana does not deal the damage. Red Sora confirmed that the allied creatures dealing melee damage are the ones dealing the ranged damage, too.

Also, one thing I didn't get to test, the ability only says melee damage, so I assume that means "non-ranged physical damage dealt by an attacking creature." I ask this because I wanted to combine Orin Kenbayou's stab ability with covering fire, as her damage type is melee and Stab only says it is physical damage. I imagine that Orin's ability doesn't trigger covering fire, though, as it apparently doesn't trigger versus players.

TL;DR
The wording of Covering Fire as it exists right now, should be rewritten into "Whenever an allied creature deals melee damage to a creature, it deals an additional 2 ranged damage."

Thanks for your time,
^_^
~CheyChey

EDIT:
I just found out that covering fire can critically hit! And not only
that, but both Fenris AND Set had covering fire crits in the same round.
I go for over a month trying to see this and it happens back to back!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CheyChey" (Jun 27th 2016, 5:44am) with the following reason: found a thing her ability can do, updated OP

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 2:48pm

This is 2nd post u made bout her... put in 1 post jeez

Terror
16 Judgement
  • Activate Facebook

• "Cyber662" is male

Date of registration: Mar 2nd 2016

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 3:05pm

yes again, no spamming pls, really annoying

:love: So, this is my love story. I hope she would be mine, and her name is Angie. :love:
  • Activate Facebook

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 4:18pm

You both just spammed my thread.
You replied without adding anything relevant to the topic or furthering the topic. Maybe look into the rules for what constitutes spam?

If you had read it, you would see why it is in a different thread instead of just adding irrelevant drivel onto yet again, another post you obviously have nothing to do with.
I can't do anything about the thread in the players helping players forum, but no player seemed to have any helpful input into what made her tick.
I was trying to evaluate if I should have spent the money buying her and then used a fire opal for an ability that was clearly not what it said it was.

But that is a different topic, THIS topic is that the card, Diana Starfall, is not worded properly and her in-game description needs to be fixed.
I would appreciate it if instead of boosting your post counts, you would let the proper people respond to this and not let it fall into the usual chaos that the forums turn to when actual spam derails a thread.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
  • Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 7:29pm

tbh
1 i dont need to 'boost account post points'
and 2 everyone gave u the info needed on the 2st thread

anyway the ability is activated once so we just gotta deal with it (for slyvi etc) and she dont effect heroes, all that was basically said in 1st. maybe it is a bug i dunno, but as i said in the 1st one i did think her ability use to say that it only works on enemy creatures, if not oh well

Terror
16 Judgement

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vengeance" (Jun 19th 2016, 7:40pm)

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 7:33pm

Who said anything about boosting account points? Sounds like a guilty conscience ;)
And if you can show me a single post that answers a question I asked, go for it.
ESPECIALLY if it's from the thread where I asked players for help and only potatoes answered.
In the meantime, I'll wait for actual help.

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 7:40pm

Screenshot by Lightshot

well, you did
Terror
16 Judgement
  • Activate Facebook

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 7:47pm

You definitely just showed me a post where I said boosting posts, so I'm still curious why you brought up account boosting.

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Monday, June 20th 2016, 8:38pm

i didnt bring up account boosting...

Terror
16 Judgement
  • Activate Facebook

Monday, June 20th 2016, 10:43pm

Prior to your edit, this said "boost account points". When I pointed it out, you added the word "post". So, yes, you are the one who mentioned the words account and boost in the same sentence.

Which is entirely irrelevant to this thread's topic, thank you again.

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Wednesday, June 22nd 2016, 12:09am

Yes i did, but i edited it as you just couldt understand so i made life easier for you. Ill change it back if you really want

Terror
16 Judgement
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 22nd 2016, 3:00am

Yes i did, but i edited it as you just couldt understand so i made life easier for you. Ill change it back if you really want

I couldn't understand it because you said something entirely different than what I had. Something with a different meaning entirely, so you can see why I didn't understand you? You said the wrong thing.
  • Activate Facebook

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 4:36am

Also, Queen of Crows does the wrong damage. She attacks at range, like her archer ability grants her, but she does melee damage.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 30th 2016, 5:30am

I use a program called puush.me that lets you select an area of your screen and then screen caps it. I have mine set to ctrl+shift+4, so I press those three buttons at the same time and select the area of the screen i want to copy. It then automatically loads it onto an online album that you can view at a later time in addition to copying the link into your clipboard so you just have to hit ctrl+V to paste the link right into the image link box.

• Activate Facebook