You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 2:40pm

chapeau :D good research job

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 2:52pm

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 6:55pm

Screenshot by Lightshot

The art work didnt work out - thhe site i used changed it to that. BUT think of it as Capricorn is the mage and the souls around her are flying creatures
Terror
16 Judgement

If I treated you the way that you treat me, you would hate me.

I'm not impressed by your money, looks, social status or job status, I'm impressed by how you treat me and other human beings.

How people treat others is a direct reflection of what they think of themselves.

Everyone makes a promise to themselves. Mine is that ill make a difference and help people, even if all you want to do is put me down.
  • Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 6:56pm

If you're going to make ridiculously broken cards, at least make them funny -_-

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2016

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 8:06pm

The poem event was good cos many people got rewarded. Maybe you could make a daily quiz where we can collect points and for example top10 get deiiferent rewards. You can include mini events in that like a drawing contest where winner not only gets points but silver too. Thats more work than a simple guessing so the rewards should be higher. I know it would give you a lot more work but its worth the fun imo.

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 8:15pm

That just sounds tedious. It should be weekly if at all. Daily isn't something most people are going to be able to do.

• Activate Facebook

• "NoTheTerror" is male

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 10:11pm

A contest of guess the number between 1-100,000 closest to it without going over sent in a sealed email to the moderator. The bids are opened and the first email that is closest to number without going over is the winner. The tie break is done by who sends in their guess the fastest. Its all luck and being active in the forums.

Another contest that would be good on forum would be a series of posts of the word of the day. At end of week everyone who knows all 5-7 words would be eligible for a drawing for a big reward or a smaller reward for all participants. To Discourage Cheating and getting the words from guildmates....A drawing would mean less people bigger chance to win.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 5th 2016

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 10:55pm

I think all events are cool except story telling, since its hugely favouring native speakers.

How come? Im portuguese and i got second place in story telling xD As long as you make a good story grammar and other stuff shouldnt be a problem
  • Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 11:30pm

I think all events are cool except story telling, since its hugely favouring native speakers.

• Activate Facebook

Zorneus

Common

Date of registration: Feb 14th 2016

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:50am

How about some clue hunting

Example:
You start with a small story (for example some sort of crime scene incident) with a picture.
on the picture you see a phonenumber. Which would be the first clue.
Now you can make html-document with the phonenumber and set it on the server or just put the number in the next thread.
Anyone who visit the site will continue the story and get the next clue and so on....

At the end you have to guess the culprit or stuff like that to enter the raffle for some goodies

I hope you can understand waht I try to explain since I am rly tired and I am not sure if I made myself clear here xD

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:48am

The killer was Dema, on the internet, with the keyboard.

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 11:48am

lol

Terror
16 Judgement

I'm not impressed by your money, looks, social status or job status, I'm impressed by how you treat me and other human beings.

How people treat others is a direct reflection of what they think of themselves.

Everyone makes a promise to themselves. Mine is that ill make a difference and help people, even if all you want to do is put me down.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:12pm

I know this opinion will be ignored, because in this small microverse you guys are gods and be damned whoever speaks otherwise, but here is my opinion.

I don't mind the style of the competitions, all of them are good, as a game dev myself I like the card making idea despite it'll never make it to the real devs, but I think you should re-evaluate how you grade them. I think it's best if you have people vote on their favorites, you can't vote for your own. You still have the final say, overruling if for instance all of Whale-guild X posts votes despite the submission was terrible. You also need to more clearly state and grade on what you ask for in the contest.

I read the stories and most of them weren't even stories. Several were echos of whines about fairies and how much the devs suck for making them. Myth put in a one sided rap battle that was moderately funny and well formatted, I agree, but it wasn't a story, an honorable mention in my book purely on the great creativity. But that wasn't the contest. Kaynie, Kritzo, Reborn, even Hibiki's(despite almost missing the topic) were more of a story. But you chose by whatever amused you, not the heart of the contest, a story about who this person was in this fantasy world and why.

Valentines was even more obvious self-worship. A poem about you and your peers? About the devs? This reminds me of my writing teacher saying on the first day that she was a strong Catholic but she wouldn't let that influence her grading, but since the first paper was to get to know you and her favorite subject was Religion, lets do it on that. Guess who got A's on that paper? The few ones that sucked up to Catholics. I honestly don't know if you actually do anything for the game beyond forum management. In fact I've never seen a game survive this long without having online GMs, so really it's you who should be sucking up to the devs for making such a great game that the community is somewhat self regulating (though I did notice, despite your offer of saying 'anything' about the devs, you favored the glowing ones, probably out of a bit of guilt).

Even this pole(not a mis-spelling) you are stroking, you make it out to be about Pandas and look everyone has noticed, most all the posts to here were sucking up and panda related, because people want the loot which you all have been quite stingy about until recent (other then rewarding for server problems). And undoubtfully this post will get a lot of boos in order to further appease you. And so will future competitions despite there is NOT ONE PANDA IN THIS GAME (I mean the Fennecs could be Red Pandas, you missed your opportunity there).

So congrats, you've given out cake when people are starving and some will worship the ground you walk on for another piece despite dying of malnutrition, an almost worse way to go. But you've lost my heart. You've shown your uncaring nature and hurt my friends Marts02, Soultrain and several others when things went bad, mainly due to mistakes you made, while obviously helping those you like whether you play in game or by local/financial proxy. But know this love is hallow, as hallow as you've made this poorly supported game. And the revolution won't be the voices like me calling out for change for the better but more the wind you feel from the revolving door as more vanish and none come back.

I'm not saying I'm leaving just fyi for some trolls who will undoubtfully harass me for posting my opinion. But for the most part right now I'm just doing maintenance in case I feel like coming back and helping my friends in GS. I can't take a game serious with Peryton the Rap-star and the little support that talks back is too busy with self-pleasure to actually help.

TL: DR :kitty: > :panda: despite both being awesome. Beasts FTW.

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Activate Facebook

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:26pm

can someone link a site that allows you to make kal cards - i only find make ur own business cards -.-

If you want a free professional game card making software, try Stange Eons: Strange Eons: a tool for customizing paper-based games

Making a template won't be super easy but once done you can pump out cards like professionals like me do.
  • Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:29pm

And the winner for longest post outside of Storyteller / GM posts goes to...

I think you're vastly missing the point behind all of this, which is the word "community". No one "worships" the GMs. It's not some heirarchical dominion or cult, it's a community. The storywriting contest isn't an essay subject, it's not to determine the best writer, it's to determine the most enjoyable writing (which can still be considered best) and it's to bring the community together. Proof of this is that Cow, a Portuguese person, still came second despite not being 100% fluent in English.

As for the pandas? That's not pandering to Lil (lol, gettit?), it's basically a running joke now. I highly doubt anyone could be shallow enough to genuinely be swayed by the mention of pandas. And who cares if there are pandas in the game? You seem to have a hard time accepting that KaL isn't real and that the people who play it aren't actually priests or mages in real life, so if Peryton rapping is so game breaking to you, immersion-wise, I'm surprised you managed to get this far already.

I think though, your opinion can be summed up quite simply - you assume that anyone who disagrees with you must therefore be a troll to protect yourself from criticism, which basically invalidates all your opinions because they're not grounded in reality - the reality that no one is immune to criticism.

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2016

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:44pm

Judging is always a problem. If Lil' judges how can you tell if she isnt biased. If a small jury decides the same applies. Its just a question of trust which quite a few of us lost. When you let forum dwellers vote it becomes a "who can convince more friends" competition. You can just put in a poll with ingame names, and let the votes come. The poems were at least entertaining for many.
Otherwise i agree with you in great many things. Your post deserves a couple of readings and thinking over it.

• Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 2:41pm

exactly. no offense as i respect these guys, but if events on forums were run by us voting, it would be a competition of who's the favorite whale as kaynie and bankai would just win all the votes seemings other players want to 'help' them by kissin their ass.

Terror
16 Judgement

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 8:52pm

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:37pm

Red Pandas are so cute :love: We have some at my zoo near by, I love taking out-of-state guests there and watching them play.

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:43pm

I had never heard of a red panda until tonight. They are incredible looking creatures

• Activate Facebook