You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ThomasDude" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2016

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:40am

The time is out of joint - or the rush paradox

As long as I can remember people in this game have complained about rush. It is considered not to be a legitimate strategy. It is a simple and dishonourable way of playing, and it is ruining the game. It would be so much better if there were no rushers and everybody played power decks.

Now the rebounding saddles have pretty much killed off the traditional rush. So now everybody should be happy.

And yet, whenewer I meet a top player, a whale in the arena, I have the feeling of being rushed. Because they are drawing and playing cards at an incredible speed - by using cards like Sir Crumbsalot, Kimono Masami, Patience, The Star, The Hermit, The Golden Dawn and many more.
All in the rank of gl or awakened of course. By using these cards, that helps you draw more cards and reduce cd so you can also play them faster, you can get high cd power cards like Modesty on the field with an amazing speed. Such a deck makes the distinction between rush and power meaningless. You could call it a "power rush deck".

So in this game where people used to complain about strategies that emphasized speed, we now have a situation where everything is about speed. The only way you can win is by speeding up your deck. Isn't that ironic? Isn't that a paradox?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ThomasDude" (Jun 11th 2018, 12:48am)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Rare

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:57am

Nope. By your reasoning ANYTHING could be classed as a "rush deck" then.

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

Monday, June 11th 2018, 1:25am

You missed the point only to get to the point you missed. Well done ID. What he is saying is that traditional rush cards have been replaced with high CD cards that are rushed out (via filthy combo's by dirty whales).

Neinometer

99.999%

"lmao, you might be right, that we started it. But we would still prefer to play other decks again too, the issue is just that we will get murdered by all the towahli bombs if we try it. We won pretty much everything before, but now its just decided by draws, i think after all Alenka and me are getting screwed the most by the current Meta and would benefit by a removal/nerf the most imo." ~ Kaynie
  • Activate Facebook

ID.

Rare

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2017

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:13pm

Didn't miss anything bud, understood what he's saying but thanks for the not needed explanation. In my opinion using crumbs doesn't make a deck a rush deck, so no it's not ironic...Maybe we can have a poll to decide?

Come on Wilfried Bony
Score some goals for Swansea
We'll go wild wild wild
Wild wild wild
  • Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:31pm

Rush still are kind of meta in this game, What about 11th aren't they rush cards? Theres plenty of players using rush decks. The strategies changed thats true,but i dont think they killed rush with saddles, the traditional rush decks are dead, now you need to use a bit more brains to make good rush decks than before, and of course use some of the new cards, "most recharge cards thats true", and that's in my opinion was a good move from devs, since before any noob could make a spiked rush or some kind of stupid rush to get faster wins, well 11th meta decks have the same essence, but the difference its that now its no more free than before, now if you dont have brains to make decks you have lots of ways to put your rush out of the way... And i belive thats what we want from a strategy game right? Strategy.... :thumbsup:

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jun 26th 2018

Tuesday, June 26th 2018, 3:25am

Rushing cards are a problem. because unless you can get your cards of EQUAL POWER or more at EQUAL SPEED your gonna get zerg rushed with simple numbers. (this only applies to 1v1 fights it's less of an issue in 2v2 and 4v4)

it's simple card advantage and there's no ready mechanic to negate that in this game especially when these rush cards are usually also just as powerful as some slower cards.

For simplicity ill point you toward werewolves and the human knight with heroic 2. in the tower this is some serious bullshit to put on even a more experienced player simply because there's very little chance of having a deck of equal speed and power that soon in the game

HECK start a new account (ill wait) and get to the elves pegasus knights. being able to move 4 spaces and pass over up to 3 units is extremely broken at that point

While rebounding saddles kill off thistactic more or less not everyone has those. and even if they did it wouldn't proc often enough to stop the 9 attack werewolf chewing on your 40hp at most ass.

It's easy to see I HATE rush decks in fact I would compare them to modesty and 11th (pre nerf) in terms of power at the time you start encountering them your what level 6-7 with maybe 3-4 packs bought and maybe ONE elite if your lucky and no counterplay or experience to tell you what to do. if your lucky like I was you might have enough longbowmen to deal with the worst of it (reminder pegasus knight have stupidly high amounts of hp (regen and resistance) at that point and you likely do not have access to vigilant elf spearmen yet since you need to be level 15 for the elf race pack)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2017

Tuesday, June 26th 2018, 5:25am

Lets be honest here the game is pay to win and there is no strategy that will beat a super whale if you are a vip 4 or below. They constantly release broken cards for cash that are so powerful they can singly win a match. On top of that gsd becomes stupid because you always get 4 super whales joining a guild. Server 17 is prime example only 2 guilds have ever won gsd and both have around 8 super whales in them. They also take way to long in giving the broken cards out to the low cashers and 0 vip it should be a month or 2 after there initial release but it can be 6 months to a year before you can get them free. There is no balance in the game it is quite simply PAY TO WIN.

• Activate Facebook

DietThe

Common

Date of registration: Mar 26th 2016

Tuesday, June 26th 2018, 6:33am

Lol Lets play faes rush deck as me, its great for vip 4 or below :rolleyes:

• Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Tuesday, June 26th 2018, 11:42am

There is no balance in the game it is quite simply PAY TO WIN.
Indeed Bosha, its a Pay to continue Play. Like thousands of online games, the difference here, its that they give you the illusion it's a free to play game... Not a Pay to Win. But its Not... :thumbdown::thumbup:
“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jun 27th 2018

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 11:51am

Just so you know, this game is not pay to win... There are people that do not pay and still win. No balance, I agree, but this game is not "pay to win".
  • Activate Facebook

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 12:23pm

Quoted from "Thebosha"

Just so you know, this game is not pay to win... There are people that do not pay and still win. No balance, I agree, but this game is not "pay to win".
except the cards they use are "paid" only cards bought from auction or a lucky pack.

just because you didn't actually pay real money doesn't mean it's not paid
  • Activate Facebook

• "MyNameJeff_S5" is male

Date of registration: May 17th 2016

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 6:03pm

most will say its a pay to win game look at all the non vip players using fairies or qilins even beating whales traditional rush is harder i must say now with the rebound saddles available

MyNameJeff (S5) Azrael (Real Jeff)
Happy to help in game if anyone needs help feel free to ask.
Enjoy your day :)
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 2:07am

most will say its a pay to win game look at all the non vip players using fairies or qilins even beating whales traditional rush is harder i must say now with the rebound saddles available
I mean getting synth crystals isn't exactly hard.
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 3:39pm

Those who think that obviously do not know what they are going on about. This game is not even pay to win. It is as you stated, people who have not paid manage to beat people that have (even with those game-ruining cards called "Qilin"). Not to mention a lot of card games, Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon card game, Vanguard etc, are designed around buying cards and packets anyway, so spending money on this game is commonplace.

But seriously, this game is not pay to win and whoever thinks that it is, is just being ridiculous.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jun 22nd 2016

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 5:40pm

this games 100% pay to win

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:53pm

No, it is not.
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:54pm

No, it is not.

Yes, it is. If you cannot handle that, this game is 99.999% pay to win.
Neinometer

99.999%

"lmao, you might be right, that we started it. But we would still prefer to play other decks again too, the issue is just that we will get murdered by all the towahli bombs if we try it. We won pretty much everything before, but now its just decided by draws, i think after all Alenka and me are getting screwed the most by the current Meta and would benefit by a removal/nerf the most imo." ~ Kaynie
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:55pm

No, it is not.

Yes, it is.
No, it is not. It was typed before by both myself and Jeff why it is not "pay to win". Please, either pay attention or do not even bother. The game is nowhere near pay to win as people who have not spent any money at all can win against people who have. So spare me your nonsensical rubbish.
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:57pm

Nowhere in the rules does it say I have to read what you or Jeff type. I agree with YourDad. As for your additional advice, I can send you a PM describing where you can shove it.

Neinometer

99.999%

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 6:59pm

Nowhere in the rules does it say I have to read what you or Jeff type. I agree with YourDad. As for your additional advice, I can send you a PM describing where you can shove it.
OK, you are obviously some immature child wanting an argument and you have already been proven wrong by both myself and Jeff. A person who has not spent money can win against people who have (especially if those people that did not spend money use Faeries or Qilins). Now, are you going to stop typing nonsensical rubbish? Or do you want someone else with sense to prove you wrong?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "minisplus" (Jun 28th 2018, 7:07pm)

• Activate Facebook