You are not logged in.

• "ThomasDude" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2016

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 10:36am

The Elephant in the Room

Here is an example of how ridiculous the debate about 11th has become:

A couple of weeks ago I was mocked by a player (from my own guild !) because he defeated me even though I played 2 x 11th. He thought, that I should be ashamed of it. The reason why my 11th didn't take him down was of course, that they were killed by his rebounding saddle. But appearently there is no shame in using a rebounding saddle, even though it is a non-strategic and 100 % pay to win element - unlike 11th, which is a cheap card, that everybody have had the chance to buy.

Recently I met this player in the arena again. Now he is also using 11th. Here is how it went down: First my 11th is killed by his rebounding saddle. Then he plays his 11th. End of game - because I don't have a rebounding saddle.

So appearently it is no longer shameful to use 11th? Or maybe it is only shameful if you lose, because you don't also have a rebounding saddle?

I am for removing 11th from the game btw, because 11th only adds to the advantage, that players with rebounding saddles have over those who don't have it.

The thing is, that the rebounding saddle is much nore of a gamebreaker than 11th or any other card, because it is a non-strategic element and there is no counter measures against it. And EVERYBODY use it - at least everybody who are willing to continously spend a lot of money on the game (the horse alone, that you frequently have to buy, is pretty expensive).

The first thing I check, when I meet a player in the arena, is if he has a rebounding saddle, because it dramatically changes my chance of winning. I estimate, that I win about 75 % of my battles against players without rebounding saddles, and about 25 % of my battles against players with a rebounding saddle.

If there is one thing, that has transformed this game and changed the dynamics of pvp more than anything else, it is not 11th or any other card - it is the rebounding saddle.

And yet nobody see the rebounding saddle as a problem or discuss its influence on the game. It is like the elephant in the room, that nobody talks about.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 10:48am

Here is an example of how ridiculous the debate about 11th has become:

A couple of weeks ago I was mocked by a player (from my own guild !) because he defeated me even though I played 2 x 11th. He thought, that I should be ashamed of it. The reason why my 11th didn't take him down was of course, that they were killed by his rebounding saddle. But appearently there is no shame in using a rebounding saddle, even though it is a non-strategic and 100 % pay to win element - unlike 11th, which is a cheap card, that everybody have had the chance to buy.

Recently I met this player in the arena again. Now he is also using 11th. Here is how it went down: First my 11th is killed by his rebounding saddle. Then he plays his 11th. End of game - because I don't have a rebounding saddle.

So appearently it is no longer shameful to use 11th? Or maybe it is only shameful if you lose, because you don't also have a rebounding saddle?

I am for removing 11th from the game btw, because 11th only adds to the advantage, that players with rebounding saddles have over those who don't have it.

The thing is, that the rebounding saddle is much nore of a gamebreaker than 11th or any other card, because it is a non-strategic element and there is no counter measures against it. And EVERYBODY use it - at least everybody who are willing to continously spend a lot of money on the game (the horse alone, that you frequently have to buy, is pretty expensive).

The first thing I check, when I meet a player in the arena, is if he has a rebounding saddle, because it dramatically changes my chance of winning. I estimate, that I win about 75 % of my battles against players without rebounding saddles, and about 25 % of my battles against players with a rebounding saddle.

If there is one thing, that has transformed this game and changed the dynamics of pvp more than anything else, it is not 11th or any other card - it is the rebounding saddle.

And yet nobody see the rebounding saddle as a problem or discuss its influence on the game. It is like the elephant in the room, that nobody talks about.

I do agree that Rebounding Saddle is lame and that like 90 % of the players with staged horses, use rebound already shows that its unbalanced. But I disagree that saddles are pay2win. There are plenty vip0 with staged horses and saddles. But how many vip0 have 11th hour? Everyone can have a staged horse, Gamigo gave multiple horses and enough free fodder for stage 1 out. Stabling an epic horse costs like 500g a month on Stage 1? Clearly not cheap for a f2p, but its possible with tower + the daily quest gold. On Stage 3 its 418g. 11th could only be bought for real money so far, as it hasnt been in bonanza or gold rush. You are still right about rebound being overpowered tho.
  • Activate Facebook

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ID. (19.05.2018), Reclaim (19.05.2018)

BAN!

Common

Date of registration: May 20th 2018

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 9:29pm

elephant in the room? am i that fat?

I warned you in game but you didnt listen! YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED!

NO EMPTY THREATS HERE!
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 9:47pm

Kaynie is correct. I am VIP0 and I am using rebound saddle, my horse is stg2 and I´ve never bought any fodder, all free. It is easy to get aprox. 500g per month only by playing game to keep your horse alive. If you do ok in arena you can get much more gold per month.
I don´t follow your logic. Completly free stuff like horse + saddle is pay to win meanwhile card obtainable with cash only is not? BTW 11th alone is not that much of a problem. Problem is if you use her in combo with other cards (mermaid chick who makes summoned cards immortal for several turns, bunny chick who makes cards already on field immortal for several turns, Judgement and any card which adds health to creatures...)

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 11:18pm

First time for everything. To me it is an investment, an investment in time to get that Gold in order to get a stupid horse, stage it then stable it. Then what? Has your horse closed the gap? Or is it the rebounding saddle you were lucky enough to manufacture? Either way you are committed to spending x amount of Gold each month once you have achieved stage 1, 2 and 3. Let's have a poll about how many players gave up trying to stage a free event horse. So yeah, I agree that it is doable, but is it attractive to the average casual player? Not really, quite the opposite. Mounts and saddles are normally VIP5+ territory, I would say Coffee is the exception, not the rule. As for any comments about 11th...

By Kaynie's command Coffee is hereby a VIP0 Whale, that's how much the gap has closed. Also, the punchline to this very apt what did the fish say to the whale joke is STOP YOUR BLUBBERING! Do you get it guys? If not, feel free to make your own punchline up. Only players who are using dirty combos are.... NOOBS. Take that card off them!

Neinometer

99.999%

"lmao, you might be right, that we started it. But we would still prefer to play other decks again too, the issue is just that we will get murdered by all the towahli bombs if we try it. We won pretty much everything before, but now its just decided by draws, i think after all Alenka and me are getting screwed the most by the current Meta and would benefit by a removal/nerf the most imo." ~ Kaynie

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "KingBast" (May 20th 2018, 11:28pm) with the following reason: Good luck getting that Modesty Coffee, VIP0 POWAH!!!

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2016

Monday, May 21st 2018, 8:27am

You get around 200 gold a week for tower and activity. I would say you can get around 1000 gold a season easily.
If you take a look at how much time you have to spend in the game for that gold and how much that small recarge card cost i think towahli is cheaper than rebound saddles.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Monday, May 21st 2018, 2:09pm

I really don´t understand that comparison about your time worth more than real money as if playing game is some kind of your duty or what. Doing dailies + few levels of tower per day is what, 30 minutes of play? I always thought that "to play" means doing fun, entertaining activity. If you are evaluating your time spent by playing game with money, you probably should reconsider to spend your time some other way.
The point is, you can maintain your horse completly for free moneywise, everyone have the option to do so. Of course you can make it easier for you by paying for that, but you can´t call it pay to win. Look, I´m not calling for ban of any card, but truth is that I almost stopped to play arena since it is frustrating and not fun at all because of certain "pay to win" cards.
It was always like that, I get it, but there were many more players at my level and hence matches were more balanced and fun. Now even small recharge gives you really OP cards (Doomskar, 11th...) and this trend accelerated greatly during last year or so. Combine this with steadily shrinking player base and you end up where we are... Stale, boring and frustrating fights against same players...

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Kaynie (21.05.2018)

Monday, May 21st 2018, 2:51pm

Most players save their Gold for cards, ya know, the things you need to play with. They'll be the ones without a horse. This is a card game not a horsey game. Fun and entertaining? making yourself a horse. Umm, each to their own. The pay to win cards only offered to those willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money are the real problem. Whales should have an advantage, but not to the point they could beat most players on auto. Doomskar and 11th are OP yeah, especially in the hands of whales who likely have 3 of everything at Godlike or Awakened. I do agree with your viewpoint on the timeline, but 'here' is pretty pathetic place to be regardless of the gap we have to mind rather than mend. Are the whales bored of PvP or is PvP bored of the whales?

Neinometer

99.999%

"lmao, you might be right, that we started it. But we would still prefer to play other decks again too, the issue is just that we will get murdered by all the towahli bombs if we try it. We won pretty much everything before, but now its just decided by draws, i think after all Alenka and me are getting screwed the most by the current Meta and would benefit by a removal/nerf the most imo." ~ Kaynie
  • Activate Facebook

Monday, May 21st 2018, 3:07pm

Lolololololol. This game is a way of life for some. Truly funny. Need to boost their ego off this game rather than just playing and having fun.

Serious business here.
Midane - On all the time, but cant host events. hue hue hue idk how i got this position.

Hire new GMs for English servers. Some just afk on forums all day and never host events.
  • Activate Facebook

Krill

Common

Date of registration: May 21st 2018

Monday, May 21st 2018, 4:10pm

As a new player combing the tutorial on Germanic server I see this talk about whale slaughter. Whales should never be at peril so If the game works that way I'll never finish the tutorial! I wanted a game where there was no way to make progress without big money but now I can win this game for only $20 and none shall stop me! There's nothing they can do to me if I get my hands on this disgusting card. What a stupid idiot whoever made it so invincible. Banish this despicable card if you want me to do the tutorial so free to play VIP whales (and above) can eat me.

Krill out
  • Activate Facebook