Demadrend

Product Manager

• "Demadrend" is male
  • "Demadrend" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 2:51pm

What rhymes with Pan? ... BAN

Dear Heroes,

Many competitive TCG's implement a Forbidden or Ban list to their Ranked / Matched and Competitive play, for those cards which have incredible rarity, power or combo's.

With this in mind, Kings & Legends is going to conduct an experiment into creating a healthier, more competitive PVP environment by removing entirely the card: Pan

This decision was reached through alot of discussion within the Team (PM, GM, Mod) as well as their feedback from the player community.
As there are quite alot of Pan's in circulation, I need your help in getting rid of him, therefore I ask Pan-Owners to EXTRACT the card before 24.04.2018 in order to qualify for the compensation listed below (Max. available 3x per Character).

Epic:
100,000 Silver, 1x Pink Diamond, 150 Gold

Legendary:
500,000 Silver, 1x Fire Opal, 500 Gold

Godlike:
7 Million Silver, 1x Fire Ruby, 750 Gold

1. Please be aware, as with any Ban List, the card can be re-instated / made legal again, however it will not be supplied / replaced to the accounts from which it was removed as they have receipt of the compensation.
2. If you do not own Pan and yet see him in the Auction House after
reading this statement, please be advised we plan to remove him from the
game so think twice before bidding on him.
3. Compensation will only be sent to players who have a Pan removed from their account.
4. Pan's that are not extracted at the end of the Time-period will be manually-removed without any compensation provided.
5. Maximum possible Compensation is 21 Million Silver, 3x Fire Ruby, 2,250 Gold
:D Demadrend :D
Product Manager

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Der_Namenlose" (Apr 11th 2018, 7:12pm)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Demadrend

Product Manager

• "Demadrend" is male

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 10:53am

A few Notes and answers to recently asked questions regarding this theme

Q. If 'Pan' is made legal again, will he be re-issued or replaced to those that extracted him?
A. No

Q. Why remove Pan entirely, why not just make him 'inaccessible' or unusable in Arena / Guild Showdown?
A. The current game technology doesn't allow it, it may be possible with time but for reasons of simplicity, expediency and the potential long-term benefits for the effort/work investment, this is the easiest solution.

Q. Why? Why Now? Why this card?

A. Why...lots of discussions and threads talk about the stagnating, monotonous, un-inspired PVP of the game and that is a trend hard to break without some bold strokes. This is one.

A. Why now...It was something I actually wanted to deal with a long time and now I find myself with the time and ability to process the change, and judging by the comments and discussions prior to the announcement....if we waited much longer, we might be beyond the Event Horizon to save the game from bleeding out.

A. Why this card...yes, I know many will point to 11th Hour, Modesty, some will even have 'Eternity Crius' on the brain. For reasons of how the card was released in the past, his already disproportionate availability to some servers, his removal from all Booster Packs already, his combination of Stats and abilities and utility to Classes and Deck Builds, I simply think he is the best Utilitarian choice for removal...providing the most potential benefit to the most players.

Q. If you do this and I threaten to boycott buying Gold and quit the game, will it change your mind?
A. If I DON'T do this and nothing changes and the game eventually dies out, you also won't be playing so...let's try something different and see if we get a good result out of it!

Firstly, as stated in original thread, this will be viewed as an experiment, to see if it can have an overrall Positive effect for the game. Of course there will those that support it, are ambivalent, and those that oppose and all have valid opinions and comments from their individual viewpoints. But I am of the opinion that a bold stroke and something was needed to try and put KAL in a better direction again.

Q. Do I need to provide any screenshots to qualify for compensation?
A. No. I will use Game Logs to see who extracted the cards. I do not require any:
+ Screenshot evidence / printscreen
+ Phone records
+ Passport photo's
+ Pan's scalps
+ Sacrifices of first-born sons
+ any other form of verification.

Everything will be done with Game Logs.

They will show me:
- Card Rank / Name / ID that was extracted
- Owner Name / Character ID
- Timestamp
- Extracting Rewards / Output Items

Q. When will the Compensation be issued?

A. Since I have to build and send the mails myself, I will wait until AFTER the 24.04, do the Game Logs at once and create 'Recipient Lists'...in terms of workload it makes way more sense to do it all once en-masse rather than repeated times every few days.

Q. Surely you must be aware of the loophole to enhance and then extract?

A. Yes, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Simply removing Pan overnight without warning is not an option for me and not fair to you. I need to find a way to do it that reduces my individual workload (hence the extracting) and addresses the loss of the card someway.

Q. How much compensation can I claim?
A. Maximum of 3 Pan's per Character, not 3x Epic, 3x Leg. and 3x Godlike....3x Pan's total.

Q. Will other cards / Saddles / Skills be banned?
A. It's too early to consider it now, it's not something I want to do often....it really should only be the Nuclear option as Trump would say. There are no current plans to remove any other card. However, I would like to consider further changes to improve the game and this may result in the Nerf to Stats or Abilities of future or current cards.

Q. Why not just Nerf the card?
A. Again, for reasons of technical implementation, speed to process the change, agreement with the Developer regarding uniformity of Game Content between rival versions of the game, this removal was simply the easiest and quickest choice.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I see alot of discussion has already been generated by this topic which I can only view as a positive thing, it's indicative OF a problem that exists and we hope to make a step towards correcting.

Product Manager
  • Activate Facebook

Demadrend

Product Manager

• "Demadrend" is male

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 5:26pm

Hello All,

Gold and Stones have been sent. Silver will follow tomorrow.

If you have NOT received a mail with the Compensation inside, this is most likely due to a Name Change (can be likely on the recently merged EN 1-12 cluster).

Please private message me with your Character Name / Server and I will follow-up, although please wait until 18:30pm Server-Time for the mails to arrive to your Postbox before messaging me.

Thank you for your patience all!

Product Manager
  • Activate Facebook