You are not logged in.

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 8:13am

@Walthamir
Altho i agree with you on many things,i think this is overreacting here. I also spent 2h for making card but yet you have to understand not everyone knows photoshop/other editing program,and for event like this to be fair to everyone quallity of the art couldnt be criteria here cuz it would instantly give starting advantage to people with editing knowlege. Would be unfair tho.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "Walthamir" is male

Date of registration: May 30th 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 1:12pm

I dont even really be mad if i saw that you chose some other well made cards, or cards with middle grafical work by a really nice abilities.
They are just random...
“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” J.R.R. Tolkien

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Walthamir" (Feb 24th 2018, 1:38pm)

• Activate Facebook

Parabellum

Game Master

Date of registration: Mar 22nd 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 2:07pm

The winners were not picked at random (except where stated).

:star: Parabellum :star:
Game Admin EN
  • Activate Facebook

Dax

Common

Date of registration: Mar 18th 2017

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 3:07pm

The winners were not picked at random (except where stated).
My problem isn't with the judges and their decision. It is with the subjective nature of the contest and inequality of the rewards. Certain servers didn't bother to participate but random people got prizes for zero effort. Other servers had many entrants but only two received prizes. Players in active servers were at a disadvantage. The fact that "the best" is so general, that I wouldn't know what to aim for in future events. What qualifies as "the best"? Artwork? Card theme?abilities? Was the card supposed to be valentines related?

I don't blame the judges because they selected the cards they thought were "the best", which was the rules of the contest. But what would one aim for if a similar contest was run?

I think if I was a judge, I would have told game admins that certain servers put a lot more effort into this than others. Maybe we should change the prizes. Or if a certain server didn't bother to submit any entries, issue their prizes to the more active servers.

The issue is that many people from certain servers put a lot of effort into the contest, and they still don't know what made their card better or worse than the other cards.

So for that reason, I won't spend time on any of the subjective contests. I will still do the events with clearly stated goals.

If the goal of events is to increase activity, this one and ones like it missed the mark.
  • Activate Facebook