You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Kings and Legends Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xx.

Rare

• "xx." started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 25th 2015

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 4:40pm

Read please mods, managers.

This I wrote for another thread but since I got the bit between my teeth I thought I would make it a new thread as i'm sure it will arouse debate and comment?

They messed this game up a long time ago i'm afraid. It goes in circles now with the same problems repeating. I used to love this game when cards like vel assar, smasha, daruis, fenris etc etc, where considered decent cards. Back then there was gameplay and a variety of tactics. There was never rarely a point whilst playing that you might win the fight right down to playing your very last card, remember that? Now someone plays 11th hour, modesty, merci etc etc and suddenly it's game over. 11th hour is a realpain in the ass tbh unless you have rebound saddle, my rune rarely takes it out also so I just surrender after that there is no point in going another 6 rnds waiting for rune to return.

They cannot remove merci, 11th hour, modesty.....they cannot, not sell these cards on new servers either it seems, they cannot remove qilins or fairies on new server either it seems? So for the last time I will give my opinion as i've said this several times in the past. If these problems are not rectified then there is absolutely NO POINT in attracting new players or opening new servers as the cycle will repeat all over again.

The only true way of breathing life back into this game is to start all over again, reset the dam thing and never release £150 cards or cards that influence gameplay so drastically such as fairies or qilins.

Alas, imagine the uproar from people that have ploughed money into the game? So unfortunalty there is no fix, there is no solution, there is no breathing life back into the game.

They have tried so hard recently with forum events, daily login rewards being awesome, compensation breathing a new dynamic for most players that didn'[t have salaine. I fear it is too little too late however and have wondered when they changed maintainence to once a month that signalled them putting the game on the back burner?

I hope when this game has finally died they re-release it, I will for certain join again so long as they rectify the problems mentioned. Or...

PLEASE READ THIS MODS!

Keep this running, but restart the game anyway? I think it is fairly common knowledge what made people quit and will make new players quit, is it not?
I really don't want to sound like a know it all but having discussed this, read others discussions I believe and believe many others will agree too? the strategy mentioned above would line your pockets for a long time to come and may even have a year on year increase in players so long as you maintain the gameplay?

:huh::|8o:wacko:

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 10:23pm

Seems like a good idea!

• Activate Facebook

iArches

Community Manager

• "iArches" is female

Date of registration: Mar 1st 2017

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 11:04pm

Hello xx,

I see your frustration and how you could think we put KAL on the "Back Burner". Our maintenance cycle was changed to accommodate the Chinese holidays they seem to be taking frequently and should hopefully return to the previous maintenance cycles within the near future.

As for resetting the game - I feel that would frustrate many players. Restarting would mean taking all of our top spenders at VIP 10 and drop them back to 0, expecting them to recharge again. As for all of the LOYGame players that have begun to make their homes here at KAL they would have to start over again for a third time, ouch.

Unless you are speaking of keeping this current version of Kings and Legends open and another one, which brings its own problems. I will have to split myself and my team across two different versions of the same game and we would need more space in our DB for people who happen to register to the new one when we run out of space.

:heart: iArches :heart:
Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook

Kaynie

Legendary

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 6:24am

I think the problem with Cards like Modesty, Merci, Towahli ect is, that they are not spreaded far enough. In my opinion the "meta" is far more interesting now then back in the old days. Atleast in whale vs whale games. The old times were ppl stacked range dps behind tanks and then the game was stucked in the middle of the field till one side played ferena and got the advantage due to the -1 range on the other side or mass dropping arma was boring. Games are much more fast paced now and can shift back and forth, with all the "broken" cards, but its obviously boring if one side lacks them. Back then it was great as 90% of the used cards were available as f2p and the other 10% were not completely game changing. The best meta cards were from rep shop and post season. If all cards now would be as available as back then ppl would have a blast, the meta in china is even more fun then ours with the skill cards ect.

I think the amount of players left is not that small imo, the problem is just that ppl are not commited anymore and gave up on pvp due to the lack of cards. I wish they would make cards more available for everyone, I used to play some other freemium game which I think had a really great way of releasing new stuff. There new stuff was rechargeable first and got farmable 30 days later. To make this happen here they would need to overhaul the game drrastically. If this game would be mine and I could change things like i wanted I would make cards farmable. Overhaul whole map and boss system, put all event cards into map, tarots and virtues into bosses. Every Map you do drops 1 Fragment of Card X, when you have 100 u can turn it into a Legendary Version of it, the more new recharge Cards come out the more Regions can get added. Sets like Tarots and Virtues I would add to boss drops instead of the energy fragments, elixiers ect, it would take longer to farm them then map cards, but they would still be farmable in a decent amount of time. Unfortunately it will never happen tho. :(

The best they could do is releasing V&V packs, recharge packs, the new skill cards for pvp shop and do more good login events with v&v packs for example. Tarots are kinda common now even for f2p and low VIP. Lets hope Virtues can become common too.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaynie" (Aug 13th 2017, 6:31am)

• Activate Facebook

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

RandomNub (13.08.2017), jackkiller (13.08.2017)

xx.

Rare

Sunday, August 13th 2017, 9:59pm

Hi iarchers, ty for reading and responding.

Yes I was thinking of keeping this game and re-releasing kal from scratch taking another 4? years to reach the point we are at now but not adding the op cards that flatten non vip's, or, as kaynie suggests, making them available to all although this would drastically reduce income, I understand you guys need to pay your bills. Alternatively remove the high price and make them all small recharge, unfortunately some ppl cannot afford to pay for them either but I wonder if it would be more encouraging to break their wallets open or perhaps there would be lots of whales. I don't know, I wish there was an easy solution.

It's great to see loygame players coming over to here, however there is a major stumbling block tp keeping them here i'm afraid and many will end up quitting because of it unless this can be addressed also. There is nothing more annoying than playing well and getting your tactics right and knowing you played a better game than your opponent only to find you keep losing to crits and blocks. I recently changed to warrior where my rep is very low and the crit and block rate was absolutely horrendous, I had to change back to my default ranger just to get my 5 wins. This will become a huge problem and always has been for merged servers and new players and a major factor in players quitting. Hopefully you guys have/can find a solution.

Thanks also to kaynie's for his input :thumbup: .

Again, many thanks for your insight and response's. I have no clue what i'm talking about i'm afraid and no insight to how things work in the background. I have always been of the impression that when this game was first released it was a much more profitable game back then and it gets sold on to another company(once profits start falling) that manages several mid/low range profit games rather than one main one? I'm not sure where I got this impression or of its even correct but was my core reasoning for restarting kal aswell as saving a game that many game friends love.

I've taken too much of your time already iarchers, no need to respond to this, i'm sure if there was a way to do this you guys would do it.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Monday, August 14th 2017, 9:23am

Range behind tank Kaynie? Maybe the first week of server 1? After that it was all rush, Darion and Halfblood. Then slowly there was some counter rush/vig/sanct decks. Then Aurora swept tell it was nerfed. There was a small period of semi-balanced power, then they start making gamebreakers like Wheel. We got used to it, then they gave some power back to free players with fairies though whales ate them once they figured it out, same with qulins, but they really broke it with Modesty, Mercy and somewhat Chastity.

It's fun being a mini-whale trying to beat fairy and qulin decks without the breaker cards. Playing against the breakers is NEVER fun, it removes and counters all strategy. Ask Alenka, we had a good fun fight were I got lucky and my combo got going and won, then she brought a deck full of breakers and it was just stupid. Cards without weakness ANY class can handle are purely dumb and bad design.

So trust me when I say this xx. It was barely fun at the start only due to people not knowing what was OP, there was a small time where it was pretty decent a large variety of decks were viable even against whales. I used to win tournaments with some crazy trick decks, even won GS a few times when I ran a guild during that golden age. Now it's just who gets the broken cards out first and keeps them out.

A :panda: so Lilpwnd might like me too... ;(
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jan 8th 2017

Monday, August 14th 2017, 10:28am

but they really broke it with Modesty, Mercy and somewhat Chastity.

I am surprised you did not include Towahli.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Monday, August 14th 2017, 1:48pm

i think best changes will be

I think kaynie have some nice ideas.

But let be honest vice virtues for free wont happen that soon maybe next year, they should release v % v packs this year, (maybe depends on when they get update form chines version.

Boss rewards must be upgraded ( not so hard to do )

chance rep shop cards once in a while every 3 months so 4 times in ayear for more diversity.

like some got tons load of aurora , why others don't so how can that be fair, so give all a chance.

Lower auction house price for minimum of half whats now. ( this is also in there reach i think

bring equipment combine with gold for equipments ( also in there reach i think )

bring more forum events recharge even cards of choice so u still get a chance to get missing cards. like recharge 100g for epic 1000, leg form 10,000 gl, and so on.

nerfed modisty max for 3 turns, it will be still a op card even for recharge but dont brake the whole game.

11th hour nerfed ( 50 % chance to die after it acts. ( not all can use rebound )

add more awaken boss fights.

nerf fairy to randomly hit 50 to 100 %
and quline nerf it to 50 or 75 % chance to deal hero damge

so this way still be op but got slighty more chance to defend.

add more skills,

bring combine to awaken cards

let awaken cards give rep too for lvvl 45 to 50 rep.

( let be honest kal gives kinda good free events and compensation once in awhile , u can;t be expect it will be always good.

hire tons of more staff because support is really bad.

instead of 10 forum moderators or so,

only good thin here is forum moderators for help and thinking about events.

make events or tourney with special requirement

like no virtues or tarrots allowed , or no elite allowed or no spells allowed.

or make 2vs2 and 4vs4 events like max entry is 15 vip lvl so 2 vip 10 tens cant enter the tounrney but vip 10 and and other max vip 5
jun example.

Remove crappy events like king maluseum wher eu get as reward undead coins most peps dont even need that better give tower coins

or make tounrney max epic cards are allowed. and make torney minimum gl cards is required to spice things up .

• Activate Facebook

Monday, August 14th 2017, 5:03pm

I am surprised you did not include Towahli.

Towahli is a bad design and should be banned for 1s, it just means you need a damage rune/reflect saddle and maybe scortch/ranger shot or a 1 turn vig/backstab in deck or seraphim leader/Elixia already out, 3 HP is quite a vulnerability. I hardly see 1s as playable now. Otherwise it's up to your teammate to get it off you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iArches" (Aug 14th 2017, 10:35pm) with the following reason: Removed Double Quote

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Jan 8th 2017

Monday, August 14th 2017, 5:22pm

Towahli is a bad design and should be banned for 1s, it just means you need a damage rune/reflect saddle and maybe scortch/ranger shot or a 1 turn vig/backstab in deck or seraphim leader/Elixia already out, 3 HP is quite a vulnerability. I hardly see 1s as playable now. Otherwise it's up to your teammate to get it off you.

Yes. Unless you have those that you mentioned or Modesty (this seems a bit ironic, actually), The Queen, Yumi Swiftshot or any other Sylvi card with the same effect, walls covering both of your lanes for 1v1 or Ivy, you are pretty much in checkmate. Regarding the cards that deal damage as well as a damaging rune, Towalhli can still block them. Not to mention your opponent can always increase Towahli's life and use Sanctum or Void Shield on it. And if you leave Towahli out for too long before you get rid of it, how are you mean to come back?

Using Pan or a 1CD Nid and any 1CD card that is not a damage one could work against Towahli, but the end result would need to be something that deals with Towahli, or maybe playing the 1CD Nid and Disturbance.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iArches" (Aug 14th 2017, 10:35pm) with the following reason: Removed Quote Tree

• Activate Facebook

xx.

Rare

Monday, August 14th 2017, 9:16pm

The following is a message i recieved from Ephiny, it seems they are banned from posting, i hope it is ok to post it after i edited some of his/her more...passionate, shall we say? lol uses of language :thumbup: .

Also before I post i'd like to say this thread along with Ephiny view is all extremely relevant. Your income and player base would never have gone down just by doing the things everyone has mentioned on this thread, i'm absolutely 100% certain of it and i'm sure so many others agree. There is nothing wrong with the game, people absolutely love it, they try sticking with it hoping things can change but its really a test of how much patience one has, not the game in general.

From Ephiny:

[Redacted]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iArches" (Aug 14th 2017, 10:37pm) with the following reason: Removed rule violation 2.1

• Activate Facebook

iArches

Community Manager

• "iArches" is female

Date of registration: Mar 1st 2017

Monday, August 14th 2017, 10:44pm

Hello again!

It seems everyone has their own opinion of what cards are "broken" or way too OP with some similarities such as Towhali, Modesty, Mercy, etc.

So if that is the general consensus that Modesty is broken beyond repair for example - releasing the V&V packs would just be terrible for new players who come in, or rechargers who can't afford it at the time. More people would have some V&V but not everyone. And to give everyone the coveted V&V cards is a bad business plan I think... What about S17? We would be asking them to grow up a bit too fast as well. With them just receiving some tarot cards and LOYgames players starting to make their home here it might alienate the newer players.

I'm glad we're getting a good discussion though!
:heart: iArches :heart:
Community Manager EN
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Feb 9th 2016

Monday, August 14th 2017, 11:06pm

Might be harsh, but i wouldnt mind if all data from game was lost and everything got reset to the 1.0
I am a vip 0 so i know that with some cards i will never be able to play. some cards i don't even want to! Really playing with an 11th seems like an easy win in tower or other matches.

I didn't play this game from the very beginning, but I wish i had ;)

Ofcours not everythind beyond that point is bad ;) Many updates i like. Others i don't. I just got my first stage 1 saddle, but honestely i don't like saddles that much. My rebound is only at 28% but can really change the flow of a pvp match with someone who doesn't have a saddle.
Otherwise the mentioned cards above. (yeah i know this is already mentioned)

!!!Also it had been ages since i saw an ad of K&L. How do you expect a player base if nobody knows about it (altho you have "17" servers)

I do like this game but really if it wasn't for the guild and the players in it in I would probably have quit ages ago lol

Sorry these are just my frustrations that i had to mention for a little bit. :P
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Aug 24th 2016

Monday, August 14th 2017, 11:32pm

while i agree with most of what you said iArches and others here is my own personal opinion:

Either release access to v and v, or compensate players and remove them completely. it is completely unfair for some ppl to have certain cards( after an extended period of time im well aware they bought them but that should be early access at best not omg no one else gets these cards ever)

I know of no other card game ccg or tcg that prevents and i mean actively prevents players from access to cards if you do please let me know id be very interested to see if they are surviving or out of buisness. cards like aurora modesty mercy are 3 that come to mind literally if u didnt get from rep shop (aurora) before change or buy any of these 3 cards well tough luck no chance in game at all to get them from packs or anything. also pan is no longer available to anyone just siting some examples

maybe its just me and im only one opinion but if i had access to op cards i wouldnt hate facing them so much it literally feels (not accusing anyone of cheating cause its not cheating) but it feels like that as ppl with these cards have increduious advantage over ppl who dont and ppl who dont have no chance at all to get them so either they quit because they feel they cant compete, or they go to quils or fairies and get berated by the player base because they just want to compete but thats a whole nother topic for another time and place.

Final note: either things need to be released to all or removed entirely (again within a reasonable time frame i get recharges and stuff are ment to be op and ment to get ppl to spend but again should be early access at best and player base needs to stop hating on ppl for what they play regardless of how cheesy or broken they feel it may be anyway rant done

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Tuesday, August 15th 2017, 6:13pm

really nerf modisty some whales only count on modisty and they use 2/3 in deck

witout that one card. or atleast max one allowed

none no whale can win when 3 modisty. or u need a fairy ,qulin with luck
modisty is no brain game.

or give now everyone 2 free modisty to balance game

• Activate Facebook

Westy

Rare

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Tuesday, August 15th 2017, 6:59pm

gling u write that out after your 1st, 2nd or 3rd loss to me? :D and i like no brain game, is the only reason i still play the game, if i had to use my brain that removes the 1 aspect of the game i enjoy, i can get all mangled in the head n still win

gimme gl equips and a merge :love:
  • Activate Facebook

• "Arrogance" is male

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2017

Tuesday, August 15th 2017, 10:37pm

you talk about no brain but you cant even spell modesty correctly :cursing:

http://prntscr.com/elw8aa did i just get stronger with anyu? :rolleyes:
put up a fight for what you love! :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3sRdbaMwgk ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Arrogance" (Aug 15th 2017, 10:52pm)

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pita (16.08.2017)

YatoGod

Date of registration: Jun 26th 2017

Tuesday, August 15th 2017, 10:55pm

this is a friendly warning to all please stay on topic and adhere to forum rules if you feel a post you have made violates a forum rule this is your chance to change it

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 4:01am

Maybe one slight change like elites are limited 1 per deck, might help a little.

• Activate Facebook

• "Tripp1000_" is male

Date of registration: Feb 4th 2016

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 7:34am

I must admit that we all have challenges with regards to facing players with cards like Modesty, Mercy , Aurora, 11th hour Towahli to name a few.
K&L has been loosing players who feel like there is no hope facing the stronger VIP players as we cannot catch up quick enough to be competitive.

Yes we should have access to obtaining packs like tarot and vice and virtue to help balance , but take note if this available to all players, it will also be available to the the already dominant VIP players.
I have been here since S3 was launched and since then there have been complaints like this. First was the mifzuna rush which was at that stage unstoppable. Then was the Aurora rush which was unstoppable but K&L atleast fixed this with regards to only the summoner not all heroes. There will always be someone unhappy about certain cards in play.
First and foremost a merge is definitely needed to consolidate the remaining players. Not withstanding the risk as what happened with the first merge, that all the strong VIP players moved to the same guild and Guild showdown was one sided and slowly began its decent.
Maybe a 40 day login reward where players get 1 tarot pack and one vice and virtue pack may make players regain more interest to play ?
just a thought
Alenka is the bomb :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
[System] Tripp1000_ ended LOLuDied's 18 win-streak!
  • Activate Facebook