You are not logged in.

miyu

Rare

• "miyu" is female
  • "miyu" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2015

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:36am

weekend team

you guys need a weekend team to fix things while you're out on the weekend too many things mess up while you are gone

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vengeance

Legendary

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:38am

agree, the game is buggered over the weekend...

Terror
16 Judgement
  • Activate Facebook

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:39am

yup, agree

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Date of registration: Dec 10th 2015

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:45am

Well, I tried to think of a counterargument since that's what I always do but... the only one I could think of was if Gamigo couldn't afford to hire a part timer for 2 days a week, and if that's the case they must be pitifully poor.

• Activate Facebook

• "garvan" is male

Date of registration: Feb 15th 2016

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:55am

On the otherhand if we cant wait 2 days for thing to be fixed we are pitifully childish.

Btw that guy wouldnt earn 2 days wages, weekends are more expensive, and we would still be bitching about the out-of-work-hours problems. So insted a 40 hour workweek they'd end up with a 168h week majority of which is paid with double wages. Ridiculously not worth it.

• Activate Facebook

sutch

Epic

• "sutch" is male

Date of registration: May 3rd 2016

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 10:30am

Skullduggery

Why is yer game all busted up not letting us into anything? Did someone take all the "special kids" out to the glass factory for the annual window licking convention 2016? 8o

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 13th 2015

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 11:25am

they should hire someone in the weekend atleast one person who can reset fix problems

and kal does great work beside support support so lack waiting months no reply or ignore it. or trow to trashcan
support is really killing this game to let people dont coin anymore or leave the game in my opinion.

• Activate Facebook

• "Horsewhisperer" is male
  • "Horsewhisperer" has been banned

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 12:04pm

well post is well killed , noone can play pvp during weekend , game crashed so no booses so forum event bosses + tomorrows forum event 4v4 won't be able to work, people who didn't complette tower cannt complete it and gain the event rewards shortly summarised well its Obvious they should get weekend staff to solve problems because now whole weekend nothing can be done

Patience is the key to victory ! :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Horsewhisperer" (Jul 23rd 2016, 12:20pm)

• Activate Facebook

Mythremi

Legendary

• "Mythremi" is female

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 12:23pm

On the otherhand if we cant wait 2 days for thing to be fixed we are pitifully childish.

Btw that guy wouldnt earn 2 days wages, weekends are more expensive, and we would still be bitching about the out-of-work-hours problems. So insted a 40 hour workweek they'd end up with a 168h week majority of which is paid with double wages. Ridiculously not worth it.

True, patience is a virtue, but they don't actually need to employ the person full time. An hour or so on Saturday and an hour or so on Sunday just to turn things off and on again. Whether or not they really need to get one though will depend on what actually caused these problems. If it's something like server load then this kind of thing will happen every time they do a short event that demands everyone be playing the same thing at the same time. In that circumstance, it would certainly be necessary, and much cheaper in the long run than buying a ton more server capacity.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: May 2nd 2016

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 12:36pm

Now ... what I would argue is the following, and that is highly technical:

Use a monitoring platform and you'd recognize that 0 battles have taken place in the last 10-or-so hours.
If that monitoring tool is smart, it could automatically reboot the servers in such a situation.

No people involvement needed.

Now why I have the confidence to say that?
Because I myself built a monitoring system with self-heal capabilities exactly for that purpose.
Not much magic in that.

• Activate Facebook

• "NoTheTerror" is male

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 12:52pm

Simple solution have one person take a day off on friday and saturday, work sunday through thursday. Have another have days off on sunday and monday work tuesday through saturday. Covers weekends with no overtime.

• Activate Facebook

Dota2pro

Legendary

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 2:03pm

This is bullshit. I demand 2k gold compensation with black opal. Absolutely no reason why an english mod cant be on during weekend

Midane - On all the time, but cant host events. hue hue hue idk how i got this position.

Hire new GMs for English servers. Some just afk on forums all day and never host events.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dota2pro" (Jul 23rd 2016, 4:28pm)

• Activate Facebook

3 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pita (24.07.2016), Trash (24.07.2016), Vengeance (24.07.2016)

• "b4roqu3" is male

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 3:58pm

This is bullshit. I demand 2k gold compensation with black opal. Absolutely no reason why an english mod cant be on during weekend

Never forget to add thankomat on a brilian post like this.
+1 from me for this idea
  • Activate Facebook

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 8:07pm

Yeah because having an English mod at weekends would stop the game breaking. You people are dumb as a brick (according to sutch).

Neinometer

99.999%

"lmao, you might be right, that we started it. But we would still prefer to play other decks again too, the issue is just that we will get murdered by all the towahli bombs if we try it. We won pretty much everything before, but now its just decided by draws, i think after all Alenka and me are getting screwed the most by the current Meta and would benefit by a removal/nerf the most imo." ~ Kaynie
  • Activate Facebook

• "NoTheTerror" is male

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 4:59am

We need a weekend mod for a couple of other reasons as well. First is numbers the spam bot there is no one to ban him on the weekends when he is spawned. Second the game breaking a moderator would have the contact numbers to get the game restored. Third for gs when there is heckling and other abusive activities during and after the game then there is someone to enforce the tos of the game.

I sent a email to a game master but on the german server and I was informed that the email needed to go to the english community manager. Why couldn't they get in touch with their superiors to inform them of the issues on the english speaking version of the game?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoTheTerror" (Jul 24th 2016, 7:53am) with the following reason: new Information

• Activate Facebook

Trash

Rare

Date of registration: Dec 25th 2015

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 6:35am

You forgot about 1 million silver and one Champion pack.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: Dec 26th 2015

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 9:38am

Well if GS is broken I'm sure, fan will find itself in the sewers :P Is it really that hard for someone to check on the game daily? Have your server mail you the log, if it's abnormally tiny like, hey no battles are going on maybe we should check on it...

Here I found a batch file for you, now just add this as a daily scheduled task:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/….nt/lJS06Bs4iWE

Don't ask me, I don't even know why I'm still here.
  • Activate Facebook